Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Voice tallent needed!  (Read 5701 times)

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voice tallent needed!
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2010, 02:06:21 am »

You should try get Sean Connery, his voice would go great with DF  ;D

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2010, 03:00:17 am »

I think you would do well to appoint a team organizer for this project - to manage who can do what, and who is available for what. I'd be willing to do it if you want.

I get the feeling that you don't have the time to manage the human resources aspect of this mod - as I replied to both threads and emailed you and didn't really get a response. I have a lot of free time over the summer and could help you with this mod.

Yeah, I frankly did not except such torrent of eager people willing to help so yeah, i am stretched think between this and "RL" stuff.

So if you are up to it, i'd be gratefull if you took over organizer position :).

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2010, 04:21:14 am »

One of the rare announcements that will rarely show up is the age change, like when only 1 megabeast is left in the world it becomes the age of said megabeast. or when none are left another age change occurs. its one that will be hard to find due to the rarity of it.

tyrspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2010, 02:18:51 pm »

I think you would do well to appoint a team organizer for this project - to manage who can do what, and who is available for what. I'd be willing to do it if you want.

I get the feeling that you don't have the time to manage the human resources aspect of this mod - as I replied to both threads and emailed you and didn't really get a response. I have a lot of free time over the summer and could help you with this mod.

Yeah, I frankly did not except such torrent of eager people willing to help so yeah, i am stretched think between this and "RL" stuff.

So if you are up to it, i'd be gratefull if you took over organizer position :).

You dont use any messenger software? I'd like to talk first.
Chris Krause
Soundsense Mod Community Organizer
http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/

Shadowfury333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2010, 02:31:25 pm »

Okay, now we really need to exchange info and probably skype info, if we want to get this thing really going, at least for voices.
Currently Building: Purplesaber (pit mine/anthill/80 z-level wound in the earth)

Former Projects: Roughnesschants(multi-level aboveground city)

Best summary of Dwarf Fortress:
I'm fairly certain every path in the game leads to some sort of massive execution.

Shadowfury333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2010, 03:19:08 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but this thread is fading. Are we going to do this or what?
Currently Building: Purplesaber (pit mine/anthill/80 z-level wound in the earth)

I'm fairly certain every path in the game leads to some sort of massive execution.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2010, 05:16:50 pm »

I am sorry to be pedantic here, but can you PLEASE change the title of the OP... It is spelled 'talent', with only one 'l'.  I was going to let it slide but seeing it every time I look at the GD section has started grating on my nerves :(

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/talent
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

tyrspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 07:44:57 pm »

For all people who replied offering contributions for this mod, stand by, I am currently setting up a system which will make development easier.

I am also going to be acting as a team organizer. Hope to talk with all of you soon. Rock on.

- Chris Krause
Chris Krause
Soundsense Mod Community Organizer
http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2010, 01:04:30 pm »

As I write this, tyrspawn is contacting everyone who voiced their willingness to help so that we can get it going. Cheers!

nophilip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2010, 01:57:43 pm »

Just replied to the PM. Glad to help however I can.

Shadowfury333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2010, 05:48:03 pm »

No PM yet, hopefully it will come soon.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2010, 06:26:15 pm »

None here too. Oh well, I can allways make a sound set for personal use.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2010, 06:34:54 pm »

I have a voice but no actual voice acting talents  :'(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Shadowfury333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 02:00:00 pm »

So, is this going anywhere? I still haven't gotten a PM, and I haven't seen any other information.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 02:09:17 pm »

If you need kids' voices, my son(8) and daughter(11 - sounds younger) have both done a bit of TV and radio work through their part-time theatre school, and I have a decent mike I can record with.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5