Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Mardek RPG  (Read 13156 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mardek RPG
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 05:53:56 pm »

So, has anyone else found the infinite cash glitch?

Is there one? :p

Give a party member the most expensive equippable you have/can afford. Buy a junk item that goes to that slot. Without putting it into the inventory, move the fresh bought item to the equip slot and equip it. Without putting the expensive item into the inventory, move it to the shopkeep and sell it.  The icon will stay with your cursor, with an NA where the number was. Now you can fill every one of the shopkeeps slot with the item and make big profit. Also good for any unique items, I guess.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Pathos

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 06:15:19 pm »

Give a party member the most expensive equippable you have/can afford. Buy a junk item that goes to that slot. Without putting it into the inventory, move the fresh bought item to the equip slot and equip it. Without putting the expensive item into the inventory, move it to the shopkeep and sell it.  The icon will stay with your cursor, with an NA where the number was. Now you can fill every one of the shopkeeps slot with the item and make big profit. Also good for any unique items, I guess.

This doesn't seem to work, at least in Chapter 2.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 07:12:47 pm »

Hmm. It is working fine for me in Chapter 2. Mayhaps it is just me then? Dunno.
Something I dislike is that, should you lose, the guy is a condescending asshole about it.

Pathos

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 07:28:09 pm »

You've... Managed to lose? LOL NUB LOLOLOL U WILL DO BETTAH NEXT TIME IM SURE LOL

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 07:37:51 pm »

I'd been giving Mardek all the consumables for ease of use from the menu. Cue Mardek dying to a berserked skeletal warrior.

Pathos

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 07:41:55 pm »

You know what really annoys me? Lack of magic using enemies. What's the point in magic defence if only like two bosses ever try to cast spells at you?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 12:56:07 am »

Protip: Copy whats said when you investigate the rightmost bookcase in the magic shop during the first chapter and post on a feminist forum.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pathos

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 03:30:09 am »

Protip: Copy whats said when you investigate the rightmost bookcase in the magic shop during the first chapter and post on a feminist forum.

That did make me laugh. ;D

Also, I don't think this guy is very good at boss design. None of them are particularly challenging or require abstract thinking. In a turn based system like this, it shouldn't be just who can pile on the most damage wins.

Pathos

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 06:38:29 am »

I'll tell you what I hate in Chapter 3. Happy Johnnies. Retarded cactusmen that can one hit kill you and are pretty hard to kill. Then again, most of the enemies in Chapter 3 seem a bit overpowered, I'm struggling with a level 20 Mardek who has pretty much every bonus you can think of. I can imagine it'd be next to impossible with a newly created character.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 07:44:45 am »

How do you carry stuff over?  I finished part one and saved then started part 2 but load was blanked out.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Pathos

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 08:03:48 am »

How do you carry stuff over?  I finished part one and saved then started part 2 but load was blanked out.

Did you save at the very finish? It should save as a Chapter II save instead of a Chapter I one. If you can load it in Chapter I, you've done something wrong.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 08:31:40 am »

Did you save at the very finish? It should save as a Chapter II save instead of a Chapter I one. If you can load it in Chapter I, you've done something wrong.
The save said it was chapter 2.  I left the save menu and clicked the button that said chapter two.  Chapter two started and when I got to the menu the load game option was grayed out.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Pathos

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 08:46:39 am »

I really don't know, then. Did you do it across different sites? Just reload the page or start again. Chapter One is only about half an hour.

Pathos

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 01:23:01 pm »

DO NOT JOKE WITH THE SECURITY GUARDS IN CHAPTER THREE. I REPEAT DO NOT JOKE WITH THE SECURITY GUARDS.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 01:24:02 pm »

DO NOT JOKE WITH THE SECURITY GUARDS IN CHAPTER THREE. I REPEAT DO NOT JOKE WITH THE SECURITY GUARDS.
WHY WHAT HAPPENS.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5