Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Mardek RPG  (Read 13169 times)

Pathos

Mardek RPG
« on: July 07, 2010, 05:57:43 am »

So, yeah, now this guy's finally released Chapter 3, I was wondering what everyone else thought of this nice little Flash RPG.

It's basically a full old school game, with each chapter lasting between an hour and eight. I'm restarting from the beginning because I think progress carries over.

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

And, yes, it really did take him three years to do the third chapter. =p

EDIT: Oh, and if you're confused on the first bit of the game, don't bother sticking around. Just go through the doors quickly. It'll make sense.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:05:55 am by Pathos »

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mardek RPG
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:18:46 am »

UUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGH. I can't believe he FINALLY released chapter three. I loved the first two games to death when I played them. I got all the medals for them on kongregate, found the secret dungeon, fought through the entire secret arena, blah blah blah. And I thought 'Wow, this game is amazing!'.

And then I went to the blog to watch the creator, Pseudolonewolf, post for the next three years about how the game is probably going to come out next month, and then later not even say that it's not, or apologize, but just say that he's very busy and people shouldn't pressure him and he has lots of mental problems so it's okay if he doesn't find the time!

Here's the first blog post I could find mentioning his release of Mardek Chapter Three, the third post on his blog. October 26, 2008.
"Now I'm back to working on Chapter 3 content, so it might not be long before I\'m done! I'm aiming for a release date of sometime before the end of the year, but there's still a LOT to do, so I don't know how much I'll miss that date by. [...] I'm going to try to focus my attentions on MARDEK for the time being, ignoring any other projects, until chapter 3 is finished. ((He released two other games which recieved meh ratings, Raider Episode 1 and 2))  I'll try to stick with this though. I REALLY want to get MARDEK 3 finished so then it doesn't look like I'm abandoning the series."

I can't properly convey in words the pompous God complex this guy has. If you don't believe me, just go back and read through the posts and watch him time and time again make poor excuses for why his newly-released release date that has passed isn't true, and how he uses his 'condition' to justify why he can take offense to anything that is said to him because he has poor social skills or something. Even when the game hit 99% progress, he created a huge 300+ task for the last 1%, which took several months to complete. There was a point there were he'd just stop updating the bar for several months. It just ruined the games for me. And now that it's out, I'm not really sure I even have it in me to play it.

Though maybe it's just the anger of watching a blog for several months, for years excited about this game which honestly wasn't really all that great. I'm going to go monitor Half Life Episode 3 progress now and send angry emails to Gabe Newell.

Edit: All that aside... the games were pretty good, and I'm sure Chapter Three is amazing and all, so I do encourage you to play it. I GUESS. >_>
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:21:29 am by Twerty »
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:24:32 am »

Holy shit, chapter three? Huh. When'd that come out?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Pathos

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 09:00:36 am »

Holy shit, chapter three? Huh. When'd that come out?

Yesterday, actually.

<rant snip>

Wow. I never bothered going to his site or anything, but I think it's a similar thing with all flash game makers.

Like that Krin guy that did the Sonny games. He was a dick.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 09:06:28 am »

<rant snip>

Wow. I never bothered going to his site or anything, but I think it's a similar thing with all flash game makers.

Like that Krin guy that did the Sonny games. He was a dick.
It's possible that getting all that misspelled praise from all those children ages seven to twelve who've never seen an RPG before goes a bit to their heads.
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Pathos

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 09:07:37 am »

It's possible that getting all that misspelled praise from all those children ages seven to twelve who've never seen an RPG before goes a bit to their heads.

"TOP RATED GAME ON KONGREGATE COZ SO COOL N FREE"

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 09:11:08 am »

"TOP RATED GAME ON KONGREGATE COZ SO COOL N FREE"

Seeing how this is one of the highest rated comments on Mardek RPG: Chapter 3

Malpercio666 Levelbug34

Jul. 06, 2010 Pseudo is soooo great, I couldn't believe my eyes when a saw the new games list and it was there, standing on the top, as a unachieveable god among the petty humans! I've been waiting for this for months now, and couldn't be happier with a game release! (+20)

Yeaaaah...

Pathos

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 02:47:32 pm »

The worst white knights are teenage boys defending game developers.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 05:08:16 pm »

So, has anyone else found the infinite cash glitch?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Pathos

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 05:13:01 pm »

So, has anyone else found the infinite cash glitch?

Is there one? :p

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 05:15:31 pm »

So on a related subject, how long have people been waiting for Triachnid 2 to come out now?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 05:19:29 pm »

Being a flash game aside, that doesn't read as anymore fanboyish than the praise some give Toady.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 05:19:41 pm »

just a question, how long is the second episode?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 05:22:19 pm »

Pretty long. Episode one is very short.

Pathos

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 05:24:29 pm »

Second episode is about eight to ten hours if you know what you're doing and want full completion. Third is apparently longer.

Oh, and if you're going to play them all, make sure to give Mardek as many bonuses as possible. He's the character you'll be keeping through all of them. Make sure to check ALL of your Skills menus to activate the bonus attack and defence in Chapter One, too. I forgot to and had to do them in Chapter Two.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:28:43 pm by Pathos »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5