Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothing  (Read 815 times)

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clothing
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:58:13 pm »

Since I'm got full Pig Tails, I decided to make some bags, then I got full of bags...Now I'm on my journey to make a nice outfit for all my dwarfs, Urish McWeaver and Urish McDyer will be with plenty of work for a year or so...
The question is.
Do dwarfs have preference for a kind of outfits?
Do dwarfs have preference for dye colors?
Do they get bored if using an outfit similar to everyone?
What clothes should I aim to? I'm planning to make everyone using Red Robes and Red Hoods(Huge Oblivion fan). Do they need every single clothes in their inventory to be happy?(robe, tunic, coat, clock, trousers, glove, mitten, cap, hood, sock, shoe) Since some overlay others like cap and hood...

In the clothier's shop it says Make cloth shoe, it's just ONE shoe or a pair? The same applies to sock?

Minty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothing
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:26:48 am »

Shoes, socks, sandals, gauntlets, gloves, mittens, low and high boots (and anything else I may have forgotten that goes on the ends of your bilaterally symmetrical limbs) all come in pairs as the result of a single job-order. If you set up two "Make fwuffy-wuffy mittens" orders, you end up with four mittens.

I know Dorfs get a bad thought from wearing worn out clothing, and possibly get a happy thought when they acquire a brand-new Mastercrafted set of He-Man underpants. However, I've also seen it said elsewhere on the forum that Dorfs don't get an unhappy thought for not wearing clothes.

Honestly though? With the amount of Iron readily available in DF 2010, and my own propensity to embark on a mountain of flux.. Well, plate armour never wears out, right? ;D