Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76

Author Topic: Up with Feudalism  (Read 74511 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Up with Feudalism
« Reply #1065 on: July 11, 2010, 01:16:32 am »

I have at my command a few thousand Crusaders, plus quite a large number of faithful worshipers of Rotarn, of varying degrees of competence, who will swell my ranks if asked.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 11, 2010, 01:24:50 am »

Your military is roughly equal to how many soldiers fit in an 800x800 frame along with all the other doodles.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 11, 2010, 01:25:50 am »

ah, so it's based not on Plot but on Artistic Limitation?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 11, 2010, 01:30:11 am »

It's based around having a good time and my limits on how much I can realistically draw for an update.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 11, 2010, 01:53:54 am »

The Red Warrior, lord of the Really Tall Islands, spoke to his scribe.
A Letter for a trustworthy knight who may be seen as competent: Rolan, Knight of Time, I have a simple request of you. I will be away for a week, and I need a capable and trustworthy regent for the Islands. I will be leaving on the morrow and will not return for a week, so things may get out of shape. Will you take the temporary position while I am away?

((I'm going to camp for a week and won't have internet. Rolan7, can I trust you to make sure things are good for my fief?))

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1070 on: July 11, 2010, 02:15:55 am »

[...] His Fairly Elected Royal Majesty Our Lord King Baron Aqizzar the Great [...]
It's a "U"!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 11, 2010, 02:22:42 am »

Wasn't pronownced.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1072 on: July 11, 2010, 04:14:40 am »

He shall be killed anyway, I'm bored.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 11, 2010, 07:31:31 am »

A Letter for a trustworthy knight who may be seen as competent: Rolan, Knight of Time, I have a simple request of you. I will be away for a week, and I need a capable and trustworthy regent for the Islands. I will be leaving on the morrow and will not return for a week, so things may get out of shape. Will you take the temporary position while I am away?

((I'm going to camp for a week and won't have internet. Rolan7, can I trust you to make sure things are good for my fief?))

This is qvite an honor, lord.  I will keep yovr lands safe.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:25:46 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 11, 2010, 09:24:16 am »

This is quite an honor, lord.  I will keep your lands safe.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 11, 2010, 11:30:08 am »

This is qvite an honor, lord.  I will keep your lands safe.
NO. We're not starting that again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 11, 2010, 03:03:11 pm »

Okay I am back from that, what have I missed, let me read the thread.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 12, 2010, 01:37:20 am »

Well, I've caught up. Now to catch up with the NEW thread.

By the way, Locking this wouldn't go astray.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 12, 2010, 02:00:41 am »

I am for keeping this open or opening another one so we can keep posts in the game thread to actions and RP only.

Also don't feel offend if I do not answer your letter Itnetlolor, methinks that all the questions will be addressed soon enough.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 12, 2010, 11:25:43 am »

I shall try flexing my sub-GM mussels. (Muscles for all you land dwellers.)

Weeelll... First up, this is Feudalism. We aren't exactly ones to be making overarching decisions for everyone. That would probably lead to us getting executed.

Although true that this is Feudalism it is also a game, at this point you all control the entire country and must make overarching decisions for everyone.

Second up, you could give us a few turns to get settled before all hell breaks loose.

Maybe, but to what effect? God modding is already going on and we have a situation to distract them. (But you have a point <_< >_>)

Third up, a paragraph or few dot points per fief would do fine, as well as getting them to update their own maps and stuff. Maybe if we all had individual zoom-in maps, so that only we'd only need to update the map when someone made a REALLY big change.

This may work, but it is still a hell of a lot of work to do and it promotes god modding. Note that I still think it is a good idea and I only called it out because I want my list to be complete.

Fourth up, if you were lazy, all you'd need to do at all is govern the enemies, and watch for everyone's turns to come in before sounding a nice *ding*, so we all know to put in our next ones. Well, that and deciding between stickling points between fiefs.

This is going to far because two words. God Modding. I fear it and I know it will kill the fuck out of us if we let it.

Fifth up, the enemy attack at a certain fief. So until missives go out, and reinforcements come in, rangers, border-less knights and the local soldiers are probably the only people who'll be able to attack.

This is why we need a action that involves a message getting out quickly to all the lords. See my turn anyway RP is nice but we do know what is going on, lets play effectively and than RP to make it make sense.

Can we keep conversations such as this in the other thread?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76