Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 76

Author Topic: Up with Feudalism  (Read 74539 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Up with Feudalism
« Reply #1005 on: July 10, 2010, 12:49:53 am »

That was the most awesome derailment ever, i know its unlikely but could the kindom use a traveling/will settle where the pay is good; trainer of carnivorous animals?
Erkinshire has wolverine fighting, try there first.

So, Esteemed Commander of the Knights of Time, do you require a carnivore trainer?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1006 on: July 10, 2010, 12:59:43 am »

Wolverine fighting should be fun to watch. Especially if they escape.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 10, 2010, 02:14:36 am »

This thread certainly exploded in four days.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 10, 2010, 02:28:31 am »

Yes it did.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 10, 2010, 02:35:17 am »

I believe we now have 15 fiefs, assuming Huesoo and Rildar are still in this. That's a pretty good number, yeah?

Also, my god am I using incredible amounts of self-restraint to avoid adding more information to our world. World-building was once a hobby of mine and I'm finding myself tempted to make a zoomed-in map that has tons of areas listed out in great detail and with histories and stuff like that. Hell, I'm even interested in ocean currents and weather patterns right now. There's two large mountains and two smaller mountain ranges all in the south, only the west half of the continent appears to be fertile, and there's hardly any forest. This demands meteorological explanation! :V

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 10, 2010, 02:36:27 am »

I believe we now have 15 fiefs, assuming Huesoo and Rildar are still in this. That's a pretty good number, yeah?

Also, my god am I using incredible amounts of self-restraint to avoid adding more information to our world. World-building was once a hobby of mine and I'm finding myself tempted to make a zoomed-in map that has tons of areas listed out in great detail and with histories and stuff like that. Hell, I'm even interested in ocean currents and weather patterns right now. There's two large mountains and two smaller mountain ranges all in the south, only the west half of the continent appears to be fertile, and there's hardly any forest. This demands meteorological explanation! :V

The explination is the simple logic of "its what we wanted"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 10, 2010, 02:59:24 am »

The lower eastern side is probably affected by the mountains which divide the southern portion of the landmass.
Considering the prescience of fertile fields throughout much of the west and the huge amount of development in the east It can be assumed that the absence of major forests is due to deforestation and not weather.

You can name all of the unofficial rivers I put on my map if you'd like. I'd have put on more but I thought it would have interfered with the recognizabilily of the fiefs. The roads also need a good naming. I for one am happy to see you put some depth in this world.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 10, 2010, 03:13:43 am »

"A wizard did it"
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 10, 2010, 03:17:08 am »

I prefer "A drunk god did it" or just "A god did it"
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 10, 2010, 03:21:40 am »

I prefer "God made a little bit of a mess with the plunger and forgot to clean up."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 10, 2010, 03:37:10 am »

That was the most awesome derailment ever, i know its unlikely but could the kindom use a traveling/will settle where the pay is good; trainer of carnivorous animals?
Erkinshire has wolverine fighting, try there first.

*ahem* The wagonslayer clan of wagonslayer village have specially trained anti-wagon warbears.
Altough we do train them ourselfves..

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 10, 2010, 03:42:25 am »

Retro: go for it.

More detail will only make this world more awesome :p

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 10, 2010, 03:42:41 am »

Our campus is always in need of teachers. Our old animal trainer was...well, that's not important, but we could use a replacement.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 10, 2010, 03:50:21 am »

Our campus is always in need of teachers. Our old animal trainer was...well, that's not important, but we could use a replacement.

A few quesions

1) Whats the pay
2) Are pets allowed
3) Can i train animals as well as people, or perhaps people as though they were animals

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 10, 2010, 04:01:58 am »

1: 10 gold a week, plus room and board
2: Yes, so long as they don't start eating the students.
3: Training animals is part of the job as well as teaching students. Training people as animals is a big no. We had a student do that once as part of his thesis, and people still think that room is haunted.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 76