Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 76

Author Topic: Up with Feudalism  (Read 74732 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Up with Feudalism
« Reply #720 on: July 07, 2010, 10:19:13 pm »

Okay, and that'll be the last of the map updates, save for Robocorn's if that map turns out as well as I think it will.
I'm glad to see you have faith in me
here it is
Nothing's labeled yet but it shows all the fiefs in their general location and scale with roads sub roads and rivers in places it would have been strange to not have rivers. I didn't know what was supposed to be in that western forest so I just put a bunch of lesser used roads running through it. I also went out of my way to add sparse peasant villiages to fiefs that seemed vacant (because without people you seem kind of pathetic even if you have an evil tower of doom.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 07, 2010, 10:21:34 pm »

WOW that is looking nice!

Some minor suggestions for the next version (if it's coming and assuming it's more detailed): The Bandegian Glade would be a darker "swamp" color, and the pockmarks upon the earth would be larger and have gigantic lidless eyes. Well... I'll just let you interpret the pixel map.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 07, 2010, 10:23:29 pm »

Is there anymore named Knights of Time besides Knight of High Noon CrownOfFire? (or any Knights of Tim!, or Rangers?)

I am Roland, Time Knight of Cycling.  I will join the realm's army rather than swear fealty to a lord.  I have also applied to the Order of 1+.  Screw it, my sword says I'm in the Order.

Edit: And here is my standard:

(I did not draw that.)

By virtue of your sword, Sir Roland, you are inducted into the Order of 1+.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 07, 2010, 10:27:32 pm »

Robocorn, you should add boats to it like the other map has.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:59 pm »

WOW that is looking nice!

Some minor suggestions for the next version (if it's coming and assuming it's more detailed): The Bandegian Glade would be a darker "swamp" color, and the pockmarks upon the earth would be larger and have gigantic lidless eyes. Well... I'll just let you interpret the pixel map.
I'll try to swampify it a bit more, I was a little confused as to what those purple splotches were. I'll work on it now.
Robocorn, you should add boats to it like the other map has.
I will, but do to scale you probably won't be able to tell they're boats, They'll be like little slivers in the water. I'll get ojn with it anyway, doesn't seem too hard.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 07, 2010, 10:34:55 pm »

I like it, and it makes a good reference, but I think I prefer showing the original artwork in all its pixel-y glory.

EDIT: I'm going to remove the trade network idea. It's just way too damn complicated.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #726 on: July 07, 2010, 10:36:44 pm »

Damn, that's a nice map.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 07, 2010, 10:38:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I did the things that people wanted and added the boats

If nothing else it helps me understand the context of the locations of things because the fiefs are all in different sizes and perspectives. Whether the consistency is accurate relative to the paint adventure is an entirely different story.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:42:08 pm by Robocorn »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #728 on: July 07, 2010, 10:40:51 pm »

Dammit how do you work so fast. What did you use to make that?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 07, 2010, 10:43:48 pm »

So I may be abit late for this..
But maybe you need some fiefless bandit lords to opillage some villages?  :P

Cor Umbar the barbarian leader of the wagonslayer clan volunteers for the raids!

yes.. wagonslayer.. we slay wagons wherever we see them! Whenever we see them! We shall leave no wagon standing!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 07, 2010, 10:45:03 pm »

Dammit how do you work so fast. What did you use to make that?
I dunno, I just had the image open still and was able to scribble down the things that they asked for.
I'm just using GIMP with a Wacom tablet like half of the people who post drawings on the internet.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 07, 2010, 10:49:53 pm »

Cor Umbar the barbarian leader of the wagonslayer clan volunteers for the raids!

yes.. wagonslayer.. we slay wagons wherever we see them! Whenever we see them! We shall leave no wagon standing!
damn ,just because of that someone needs to add wagon kin to df
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 07, 2010, 10:54:08 pm »

Executioner CrownOfFire could probably use your help getting Maggarg out of the Grim Forest of Nur.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 07, 2010, 10:55:53 pm »

A well made ballista can hit his tower from my walls. You guys send me enough archers to man the walls while my engineers take him out and we will all be peachy.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 07, 2010, 10:57:39 pm »

Damn, he works fast and makes art. Nice.

Sorry that I may have had a hand in the Trade Network with the import export things. It did get way to complicated way to quick, I was thinking it would just be another way to describe our Fiefs.

I will get rid of the desert road if Barbarossa will take another map. But I don't know if we are even going to use my maps anymore, seems they will be easier to play a game with but damn, that map of Robocorn's look awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 76