Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 76

Author Topic: Up with Feudalism  (Read 74682 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Up with Feudalism
« Reply #540 on: July 07, 2010, 12:08:59 am »

I think we need to consider our Kingdom's Dragon. Every good Kingdom has a dragon to terrorize it. Or perhaps you have another plan to lure in heroes so that we may bind them to our cause?
We Have the OmniDragon, the one dragon thats adaptable to anything you attack it with (except arrows) Its friendly at the moment, sleeping of the last dozen or so adventurers that failed to defeat it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:15:35 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #541 on: July 07, 2010, 12:13:27 am »

I think we need to consider our Kingdom's Dragon. Every good Kingdom has a dragon to terrorize it. Or perhaps you have another plan to lure in heroes so that we may bind them to our cause?
I believe the heroes will have a hard enough time fending off the Enemy Kingdom. A dragon would be a good foe, though.
What kind specifically is going to strike? I don't feel like doing a quick draft of my people. They're more suitable merchant-folk (though not half-bad with a blade or cannon). Still, my people prefer their home to be a rather peaceful fief. At least, as things stand right now.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 07, 2010, 12:20:12 am »

My people might make good warriors, but we're mostly just insane blacksmiths with mountain goats.

Actually... mountain goat cavalry...
I am a genius.
Somebody draw this now.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 07, 2010, 12:26:55 am »

Okay, I've replaced the NPC red tent village with Barrowport (yeah, Retrovia was fun but stupid). Going to grab the last map posted and merge it into that quick.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #544 on: July 07, 2010, 12:32:37 am »

That is all.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 07, 2010, 12:33:25 am »

Retro, I wouldn't. The last map posted is mine, and it needs to be merged.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 07, 2010, 12:35:27 am »

no, dragon allies
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:54:15 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 07, 2010, 12:39:43 am »

I can merge yours as well, it'll just take a few minutes longer. It's not as if the map is especially intricate or anything, it's just a quick copy/paste :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 07, 2010, 12:40:58 am »

no dragon allies
why not? Dragons are intelligent according to most things about them that i know about, and they're Awesome.

@Retro mapmerge make sure its a .png on imageshack (not photobucked)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #549 on: July 07, 2010, 12:43:03 am »

I say we just not piss off whatever dragons there may be.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 07, 2010, 12:44:30 am »

I can merge yours as well, it'll just take a few minutes longer. It's not as if the map is especially intricate or anything, it's just a quick copy/paste :P

Is there any way you could take my city and drag it a little bigger, and put it a little higher, if it doesn't fit?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

PointZilla

• Bay Watcher
  • GWAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 07, 2010, 12:47:05 am »

GWAR!

(Bit late for that, buddies. This new kingdom is setting my heart aflutter. My soul is burning to devour it all. Ah that smell, the smell of the incoming destruction at my hands. I didn't think I would have this chance again after the kids came around.

Prepare for an age of misery, cattle.)
GWARRRRR!!!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 07, 2010, 12:48:07 am »

i join as a dragon. can someone put me on the map?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 07, 2010, 12:51:04 am »

GWAR!

(Bit late for that, buddies. This new kingdom is setting my heart aflutter. My soul is burning to devour it all. Ah that smell, the smell of the incoming destruction at my hands. I didn't think I would have this chance again after the kids came around.

Prepare for an age of misery, cattle.)
as Royal Bookkeeper, I throw diplomats at you to delay (or possibly stop?) you until the Paint Adventure is ready.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 07, 2010, 12:51:28 am »

@Retro mapmerge make sure its a .png on imageshack (not photobucked)

.png and Imageshack are always my tools of choice, no worries.

Is there any way you could take my city and drag it a little bigger, and put it a little higher, if it doesn't fit?

It fits fine. Your area and my area slide perfectly into Criptfeind's last map.

Spoiler: Map (merged) (click to show/hide)

The fief of Barrowport resides in a fair-size depression-like canyon at the center of three major roads. A haven for merchants of all kinds, Barrowport has little to offer but rock and sea, and has become a thriving trade center instead. It is reasonably well-defended with strong walls atop the canyon edge and a main tower, as well as easily defended sea access, but relies primarily on its allies for support... providing lavish gifts in returned. Currently maintained by Merchant Lord Retro from the central citadel that also serves as a massive marketplace.

Going to figure out imports/exports shortly as well as maybe a flag and some other misc. background detail. Also just noticed how convenietly close the new islands are to Barrowport's sea path thing there. And yeah, Retrovia is a fun name at all but sounds ridiculous in a vaguely-medieval-fantasy setting :P
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 76