Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76

Author Topic: Up with Feudalism  (Read 74505 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Up with Feudalism
« Reply #1095 on: July 13, 2010, 09:32:57 am »

What my plan was is thus. If you want to make a wall and it takes years, the enemy armies have 20 years to also do something.

Criptfeind's idea is pretty cool, though.

Is it just me, or are these two threads really not jumping as much?
I lost interest when we were suddenly controlling the whole kingdom at once rather than a fief or our own units. Plus so far all there is to react to is "some bad guys appear."
It's easier to say what a game will be like than to run it like that. It'd be like running a D&D session, only instead of people doing what they do, they write down all of their characters' actions and hand them to you in list format, and you have to move the pieces. Oh, and there are two dozen players.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:35:01 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 13, 2010, 02:04:55 pm »

Can I like get a list of people that are still playing? Also I am ready to start taking actions.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 13, 2010, 02:10:28 pm »

Still playing.

Atwati orders his Time Knights to charge the rear of the enemy.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 13, 2010, 02:23:36 pm »

Ca bu sha?

What?

Can you please tell me that what you mean is you vote for all lords to send any nearby forces to attack the invaders?

We need to remember that what is happening is a kingdom wide event.

Edit:

Can I get a approximate list of resources from each player to make my part of the turn work better?

It should look something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit 2: Also I am sick so I do not know how often I will be able to play today.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:36:19 pm by Criptfeind »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 13, 2010, 02:44:47 pm »

Still playing. I'm in the bushes behind Rolan's 3 requested Rangers, ready to be backup in case they run out of arrows before the armies arrive.

Criptfiend, what would you need from me? I'm not a fief lord, but I do have a number for how many Rangers we have. would that help?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 13, 2010, 02:54:38 pm »

Ah yes a list from each player, not only lords.

Also I should edit my turn vote to include all players.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 13, 2010, 03:50:41 pm »

Ok. theres 2 Rangers per fief (or area under Skygold's control), and theres 21 areas, plus 1 Ranger in the castle besides me, so I have 44 Rangers and several bunches of apprentices. All are fully equipped with camoflage cloak, special Ranger horse (fast-ish, can travel long distances with a lot less fatigue than an average horse), longbow w/ 2 dozen arrows (apprentices have a recurve bow instead) , and dual knives, one throwing knife and one heavy-duty knife.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 13, 2010, 04:21:16 pm »

Still playing.  Ambushing the invaders with three ranged Rangers, like Aklyon mentioned.

I'm assuming I don't need to participate in deciding the Kingdom's policy, since I'm just a Knight and don't even have any armies to distribute like Aklyon does.

Edit: My only significant equipment is Durandal, a magic sword which I speak to.  Maybe it speaks back, maybe not, but no one else hears it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:12:00 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1103 on: July 13, 2010, 05:06:04 pm »

Still playing. Since I'm a lone knight I don't really have any resources or people, but I guess I should mention my equipment since Aklyon mentioned the rangers. I'll say a Warhorse, with some barding, plate armour, a one-handed crossbow, a sword and a shield with a half-moon emblem on it, with all the equipment being dark/black. Shouldn't actions be in the paint adventure thread? I'll save my own actions and votes for kingdom wide actions for that.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 13, 2010, 06:24:21 pm »

Blue-gem oasis.

City stats:
Med City.
Med. Population.
Includes:
Eastern Rich District.
Southern Poor district.
North-Western military camps-
- Orc fort wi/ palistade.
- Longhouse and sleeping quarters.
Central "Citadel". (But let's just call it 'The house'.)
City palistade.

Fishing village to NE:
No govt. owned ships.
Rich economy
Middle class citizens.

Military force includes:
Large numbers of barely/untrained orcs.
Smaller numbers of well trained Desert vikings. But let's just call them Sandnorse.
18 man personal guard - Expertly trained + still in training.

Fleet includes:
Fuckin' Zip.

Trades grain from hightown.
Trades 'various wealth' with Crangmoor.

I think that was about all you wanted, right?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:50:37 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1105 on: July 13, 2010, 07:56:05 pm »

I am alive! If anybody cares my equipment would probably be an (executioner's) two-handed axe, (executioner's) hood thing, and some black clothing or something I guess. Might as well have some kind of chain mail too. Looking for work in any fief.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 13, 2010, 08:24:34 pm »

Sorta still playing, i am the beastmaster at Luke's university, so ask him.

As for me
i have a trained fox, a trained coyote and a trained wolf
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 13, 2010, 10:07:30 pm »

All kingdom policies will be voted by all player whether or not it makes sense in game for them to have a say. Unless Barbarossa says otherwise that is.

The main point of resource list is so I can tell how reasonable it is for how long actions take.

Also I am looking for a ground forces, both a leader and troops, if you can supply or fill ether one drop me a line here and than we can get to RP negotiations.

Edit: At tack, it seems that the first three things you want to do will can only be done when the thing before it is done, so that will take a while.

Also when we are in "quick time mode" IE responding to something that Barbra does most things will not have time for basically anything to happen.

Edit2: I also can not do anything about you interacting with another player so Purchase ships from Crangmoor and Order construction of guillotines in every city, town, and village are not things that I will put a % next to.

Also I have ships you may buy right now if you wish. Or for a much cheaper price I can have some built.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:14:12 pm by Criptfeind »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 13, 2010, 10:16:22 pm »

Oh, haha, no. Sorry for the really shitty wording.

- I'm sending my Nine men to Aklyon's school for rangers and other extremely talented and practicallly superhuman marksmen.
- I'm sending one squad (I'm guessing a squad is 3?) of rangers back, because Aklyon sent them here to learn desert combat.
- One squad is staying in order to teach my Sandnorse how to be archers, afterwhich, they'll leave.

Sorry for that, heh.

Actually, thinking about it, I might make the middle one wait on the last. So I'll take that out, sorry.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 13, 2010, 10:22:20 pm »

Okay cool. It seems that the first one needs Aklyon approval but I will accept that he has already said yes unless he says otherwise.

It seems that not only is six months not enough time and the rangers seem semi mythical so I don't think your guys will be as good as them but still the best this side of the whatever it is called generic landmark.

How hard are sand imps to catch anyways? Can your multitude of untrained but eager to risk life and limb for a meal peasants do it?
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76