Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293671 times)

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2010, 01:36:34 pm »

Cogs Journal, 25th of Sandstone, 308

Well that could have gone better.  It’s like a strange mood but she’s not interested in any workshops.  I guess I’ll just have to leave Catten to dig for now, maybe she’ll snap out of it when the dining hall is completed.  I’ll have the other miners keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn’t hurt herself or anyone. 

On another note, we made our first attempt at feeding the Nightwing.  The results were, well less than ideal.  As soon as we opened the roof, the chained Nightwing started flailing about like a mad creature.  A stray dog was thrown in for the purpose of testing.  The dog plummeted like a stone and died from the impact.  The Nightwing sniffed at the remains briefly but was less than impressed.  I’m not sure if a goblin would have much more fortune. 

Thirdly, Martini has honed his skill sufficiently to actually be considered a bonecrafter.  All this time he’s been working as one his primary skill has actually been in animal dissecting.  But as he’s started producing bolts of masterwork quality, I’m finally authorized to mark him officially as a crafter. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cogs Journal, 16th of Timber, 308

It has been one quiet year up until now.  Today a goblin ambush was flushed out by the cage traps at our main entrance.  I immediately dispatched Derm and his axedwarves.  They easily dispatched the ambush.  I asked them to do a patrol around the area as well since we’re expecting the dwarven caravan shortly as well. 

Cogs Journal, 20th of Timber, 308

Well that worked out well.  Derm and his crew scared up 3 kobolds and two goblins snatchers.  Plus they almost took out our newest liaison.  Pity, it would have saved me two weeks of negotiations with the newest twit foisted on us by those fools back at mountain home.  Still no sign of the caravan though which is quite odd.  I’ll have to ask the liaison about that.

OOC: @Tuxman: I’ll have to see if it’s even possible to transmute something into adamantium in the current version.  At worst, I might be able to create a raw adamantium stone or something in your bedroom.  I’ll let you know if I have any luck.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2010, 02:14:58 pm »

Derm Issues mandate: Cavern Exploration.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2010, 03:49:49 pm »

Journal Mutterings of Catten Ubalmafol

"Hehehe... hee ehee... The construction is complete, the artifact... hehehe

(Holds up a pick that, unsuprisingly, looks like a pick with teethmarks on it)

Hehehee.... over nine thousand little stars... he.. he... hee...

(begins to dig with a fervor)

Mountains three, bigger than a tree, waiting to be, crushed by me... hehehe...

(a pause for maniacal laughter)

Duh... Dig! Hahaha!

(she begins to dig again)

Hehehheeheee..."

((Hmm... not sure what I'm going to do with Catten...))
Meowth! That's right!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2010, 09:07:13 pm »

What icon is Catten flashing?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2010, 10:28:36 pm »

Its not real insanity. I'm acting it because I'm bored.
Meowth! That's right!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2010, 11:45:04 pm »

Its not real insanity. I'm acting it because I'm bored.
dwarf fortress. where you can roleplay an insane miner and everyone understands.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2010, 12:31:52 am »

Hey, it wasn't formerly "liberal crime squad" for nothin, eh? lol
Meowth! That's right!

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2010, 10:36:20 am »

Cogs Journal, 29th of Moonstone, 308

Derm the Soulchopper came by my office today.  He feels that we’ve neglected the copious resources available in the caverns.  He’s generously offered to go begin exploration.  I’ve order the carving of a secure access tunnel that we can set up some defenses in but that shouldn’t take too long to set up. 

I’m dispatching one of our mining crews down there immediately so Pawn and Scaraban can get some emergency cage traps in place.  We’ve still got that monster lurking about down there.  It’s spotted occasionally by the odd dwarf who heads down to check if fish have spontaneously generated in the lake.  As such, I hope Derm isn’t too offended if I send his entire axedwarf squad along with him to start.  He’s still welcome to explore solo once the beast is dead. 

Cogs Journal, 3rd of Moonstone, 308

If that slimy liaison ever shows his face here again, I’ll make sure to feed him to the Nightwing.  The caravan showed up at last over a month late.  Apparently the caravan driver is new and received directions from the liaison.  They were completely wrong, leading to a road directly to a goblin tower apparently.  They would have been wiped out.  Fortunately they encountered a small human caravan heading in the other direction and were directed back to the right road.  I’ve written up a formal complaint to send back with the merchants.

They said they’ve got a tight schedule to keep but we should be able to finish up trading fairly quickly this year.  I just hope our broker doesn’t decide to bugger off and hide this year. 

Cogs Journal, 11th of Moonstone, 308

And what a haul they brought this year.  The liaisons may be playing some sort of game but at least they’re dictating our requests to the merchants properly.  Tons of metals including platinum, electrum, pig iron and many others.  At least 50 units of wood and bags full of gems.  Yes indeed, a fine haul of excellent goods. 

And not a moment too soon, they had to depart almost immediately after we finished trading.  No meat this year, we have more than enough to server our needs for years to come now.  Next year I’ve ordered many more gemstones to supplement our local supply.  We’ll need many more of them to complete the dining hall.  I traded them extra goods this year to encourage them to bring more next year. 

OOC: @Dermonster: Right on schedule, I’ll have Derm into the underground today. 

@Tuxman:  Well you certainly are creative when it comes to writing insanity.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2010, 12:58:14 pm »

@Tuxman:  Well you certainly are creative when it comes to writing insanity.

Is this a compliment?

Journal Mutterings of Catten Ubalmafol

"hehehe... Heehee... the dwarf is white, covered with snow, but he has a plight, nowhere to go! heehehe...

Ten groups of men, stomping over the fen, waiting to reap the grand keep.... hehe... hee hee....

The caverns, they are of rock, they contain the flock of that which born of shock. It should be locked, waiting to rot... hehehe

Bee, oh bee. The hivemind of the spiderweb. hee...ehee... ode to thee....

Foreboding the bidding of the works of Armok...

Hehehe...

(Pauses digging to gnaw on pick)

Tastes good... hmm...? Good taste yes...

(resumes digging)

hehehe... gulp...

(falls down on ground)

Catten is smitten with kitten.  Moldath... moldath... it calls me...

Hehee...heehee...

The precious rock, it calls me..."

((no rest for catten... can you take away her bed so she just starts sleeping in the shaft?
Meowth! That's right!

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2010, 01:24:51 pm »

Events of the 20th of Moonstone, 308

Derm breathed in the cold damp air of the caverns.  At long last, an opportunity to explore the unknown.  Then he cleared his throat.  “All right, let’s go see how far this lake extends.”  And he made his way off into the darkness, his squad of axedwarves following close behind . . .

Events of the 22nd of Moonstone, 308

Derm abruptly stopped in his tracks.  The dwarves behind him bumped into him.  “There it is” he whispered.  “Xest, the feathered spider.”  Ahead in the darkness they heard an eerie cry and the scuttling of many legs. 

The squirming creature was rapidly moving towards them.  Beyond them was the fortress.  “It’s time to destroy this beast” he said.  “It will be unable to stand against our axes.”  It appeared to be moving in the direction of the fortress entrance and it wasn’t aware of their presence yet.

Then suddenly it rounded the corner and with a screech it charged in at them.  Derm quickly charged forward brandishing his axe.  Before the beast could do anything, Derm took two solid swings at it’s fourth right leg, breaking the chitin and then tearing into ligaments and tendons.  The beast turned and charged at Derm, missing him with its teeth and colliding with him as Derm knocking him over.  It made several strikes at Derm but Derm blocked them with his steel Shield. 

The beast charged blindly several times at Derm, even slaming solidly into one of the many surrounding stone walls.  But it did manage to knock him over several times.  But then the other dwarves began to attack.  One dwarf sank the axe into the third leg and another buried his axe in the abdomen. 

The beast was visibly slowed now.  “Carefully!”  Derm yelled, “Defend yourself if it charges, everyone else catch it with its back turned!”  The strategy was working; the beast just wasn’t fast enough to catch the nimble dwarves.  Suddenly it charged once again quicker than expected, knocking Erith over.  Then the beast opened its mouth to attempt to bite Erith.  Derm quickly slipped in and lopped one of the beasts mandibles clean off!

This really seemed to be the mark of the end of the beast.  The sounds of chitin fracturing were regular and audible now.  The beast seemed almost faint.  Finally, Derm took a mighty swing with his axe, and shattered the beast’s thorax.  With a groan, it crumpled to the ground, dead. 

Derm leaned on his axe.  He wasn’t even winded.   “Great fight everyone.  Back to the fortress to report the beast is dead.  Then we can get a drink.” 

(OOC): Derm does it again.  Not a single dwarf injured by this beast.  I’m pretty sure I got lucky though.  This beast wasn’t too terribly dangerous compared with some I’ve seen in action.  Derm will be on with solo cave exploration shortly after I give him some time off to keep him happy. 

@tuxman: It was intended as one.  :)  I can take away her room easily enough.  She’s not getting happy thoughts from it anyhow since she doesn’t sleep in it now anyhow due to the bugs in the current version.  Also, there doesn’t seem to be a transmutation mod for the current version of the game.  I’m exploring other possibilities to create a nugget of adamantium for her. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2010, 01:28:54 pm »

Perhaps you should change Derm's profession to "Soulchopper" to get rid of the extra "The" in the combat reports.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2010, 02:50:00 pm »

*Thinks about this*
Yeah, get rid of the 'the'.
DERM IS STRONG.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2010, 04:52:58 pm »

Cogs Journal, 1st of Opal, 308

Derm and his squad are officially on training for this month.  Derm has insisted on going down to the caverns again, stating that “he’d prefer to train under more dangerous conditions.”  Whatever works for him, I suppose.  It’ll be nice to know what’s down there anyhow.   I’ve got the engravers smoothing the entrance to our fortress just to keep them busy for a few minutes.  They work far too fast these days.  u

We’ve exhausted the supply of green glass blocks again.  We’re getting amazingly close to completing the dining hall roof.  This time next year we should be able to put the last block in place.  Once the roof is closed we can begin work on the windows.  I’ve refrained due to the persistent threat of Nightwings.  Speaking of which, I need to get back to preparing the materials necessary for my New Year.  It’ll be interesting to see if we have any artists in the house.   

Cogs Journal, 26th of Opal, 308

Disaster!   

Somehow despite my care with digging plans; a cave in occurred in the dining hall excavation site today, pulling all the miners on that crew down with it.  Ezum Lorbamsebir rapidly bled to death from his wounds.  Stukos Avuztath was knocked into a cage trap, and appears to have a broken leg. 

Catten has broken both her arms and both her legs.  Obok Morulolin broke both legs as well.  I’m doubly glad that I purchased extra gypsum plaster from the recent caravan.   There is no evidence to indicate who made the error that caused this disaster. 

Catten managed to pull herself all the way to the hospital without help.  She actually refused the few dwarves that offered to help her.  I’m not sure why though. 

I suppose only one mining disaster after 6 years isn't a bad record though.

OOC: I swear this was totally an accident!  I made a serious mistake with channeling around the access tunnel to the excavation site.  Looks like Catten is getting some enforced bed rest. 

@Urist Imiknorris: Yeah, I fixed that now.  Unfortunately, the combat logs don’t revise when you change names.  They’re fixed in stone otherwise I'd fix the images above.  Live and learn I suppose.

@dermonster:  Consider the ‘the’ eliminated!  Derm is very scary strong. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2010, 05:02:57 pm »

I'm glad I wasn't down there. It will be interesting to see how long it takes Catten to recover. Casts are sporadically buggy - sometimes the doctor will stand at your water source for eternity or until he/she gets hungry/thirsty/tired and cancels the job, only for someone else to take it and...

Go with splints.

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2010, 05:07:51 pm »

As I'm sure that you have plenty of haulers by now, can Syntic be taken off of all hauling duty so he can focus more on being underfoot ;)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 118