Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 289608 times)

Voyd211

• Bay Watcher
  • I am and I am not.
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1680 on: October 18, 2012, 08:06:59 am »

It's slade. That stuff that's intended to be impossible to acquire. You can use slade weapons in the testing arena, though.
Apparently, I am the first person to ever say "Screw You in All Your Finery."

!!SCIENCE!! team has vapor for brains.

Pittsy

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me get the paper cup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: October 18, 2012, 11:41:02 am »

I was purposely dancing around naming it outright for spoiler reasons. But, seeing as hell has already been breached, I don't think it matters too much. Now, Slade is typically unobtainable, like the others said. And while it is possible to mine using a bug, I find that to be riskier than just modding the Raws outright.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: October 18, 2012, 01:48:50 pm »

But even with the bug, it goes terribly slow.

automaton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: October 23, 2012, 11:22:47 am »

got any unclaimed medical dwarfs left?

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: October 23, 2012, 02:09:10 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 2nd of Granite 326

Well after an excellent, although slightly subdued New Year’s part, I got back to my desk and found a lineup of dwarves waiting to speak with me. 

First up, we had our celebrated Legendary Armorsmith wanting a name change.  Even though her work speaks for itself, she felt the need to put her personal stamp on it.  She is now known as Overload.

Next up was one of our many haulers, who also happens to be a member of the largest family in the fortress.  Apparently he is tired of manual labor and wants to do research.  I suppose we can spare him for now.  He also wants to be called Veldi now.

Spoiler: Veldi, Researcher (click to show/hide)

Last but not least for today, Clover Magic came in with a rough sketch of some plans for a tower.  She rightly reasoned that if we’re called Towersoared, we should really have at least one epic tower.  I have to agree, and I find the design intriguing.  It’ll need some work to sort out the details but I’ll add it to the list. 

Cog’s Journal, 3rd of Granite 326

There has been some discussion about whether or not Derm was out during the last siege, so I requested the full battle records.  Apparently the military divided into two groups to tackle the siege.  One went south and one went North.  All the deaths happened to the northern squads.  Derm and company were taking care of a large mob of trolls, two goblin squads and a second Kobold ambush.  Derm came out with about 8 kills officially to his name. 

Most of the rest of the military got a kill or two in that siege as well.

Cog’s Journal, 4th of Granite 326

Another visit from one of our hauling crew today.  He has 10 children and is simultaneously concerned about supporting them and about protecting them and their home.  He was particularly concerned about the growing size of the goblins and wants to join the military and train to operate the siege engines we’ve recently installed.  He also wants to be known as Vladamir now.

He’ll start training next month, in the meantime he’s going to inspect the siege engines.  I think that’s all the name changes for the moment.  It’s been a busy few months.

Cog’s Journal, 12th of Granite 326

Well it’s a significant milestone that I thought was worth mentioning.  Vucar, mother of the largest family in our fortress gave birth to her 20th child today.  He is their thirteenth son.  I still can’t believe how many children this family has produced.   Most of the adult children are strong contributors to the good of the fortress now by their own right. 

OOC:  That’s all for now! 

@Overload_C14: Your dwarf is introduced above, sorry for the delay! 

@Child of Armok: Yup, your survival is looking pretty certain now.  As for the water and lava projects, I plan to install off switches on all of them.  While they’ll be present, the intent is to leave the off most of the time for exactly that reason.  I’ve already had enough of 1 fps gaming from breaching the fun. 

@Triaxx2: Derm was out there, I always have to divide the squads to cover both approaches to the main gate. 

@Voyd211: No tower yet, but your dwarf is above.

@Clover Magic: Interesting, I like the concept.  I might have to tweak the location a bit and I really do need to get some dwarves on some of the other projects (Skylight and the like).  But it’ll go on the plans list at least.

@D3m0t1v4t0r: Your dwarf is introduced above. 

@Prometheusmfd: Actually you did get a bit of combat in the last siege.  Your squad had a comparatively easy time of it.  I was distracted by the absolute disaster of the other group.  One official kill to your name and a fair number of assists. 

@Pittsy: You should be able to find the relevant story entry from his escape here. I didn’t manage to find the entry that references when he got trapped.  As for the Slade, I think I’m just going to leave that be since adamantine is already plenty scary and the risk of glitches is much higher. 

@Blead: Derm is doing what derm does.  Training like a maddwarf.  I think he’s girding himself for his future journey.

@dermonster:  Heh, it does make it a bit challenging.  Not to worry, I’ve got plans for Derm.

@automaton: I’m not certain since I can’t access the game right now but at worst we could apprentice a new one.  I’ll contact you via PM on that one later today or tomorrow morning. 

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: October 23, 2012, 02:41:25 pm »

Haha, of course!  I just picked the first place on the DFMA maps that looked reasonably cool, and it's not a huge priority, just another goal for Towersoared to eventually complete.  I'm just happy to contribute to this great fort. :D

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: October 23, 2012, 04:11:12 pm »

20 kids? How fertile is Vucar, and is this trait hereditary? Because her genes are almost guaranteed to pass on to the next generation.

D3m0t1v4t0r

• Escaped Lunatic
  • All problems can be solved by poking holes in them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: October 23, 2012, 10:08:43 pm »

Vladamir's Journal

Finally went to Cog to get a new job, not like hauling stuff is going to get me anywhere. Figured while I was there, I would get a name that matches my new occupations. I once read of a warlord known as 'The Impaler' and how he would perch his enemies on spikes and watch them die. I will have no such time to put them on spikes, so I will just have to bring the spikes to them the fastest way possible. I fear for my children, and all who would call Towersoared home. Those damned goblins got their first taste of our defenders' blood, and I have no doubt that they will be coming for more...

*the rest of the page is covered in drawings of ballistae and various equations*

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 23, 2012, 10:34:18 pm »

I might have known that, but Dwarf Triaxx didn't. Thanks for clarifying though. As for Derm:

Random Dwarf #1: Where's that hole come from?

Random Dwarf #2: Derm.

RD1: Derm was mining?

RD2: No, he just wanted something to that wasn't as squishy as a goblin he said.

RD1: How far does it go?

RD2: Don't know, but he's still in there so it could be quite the distance.

*faint sounds of axe chipping behind them*

RD2: Quite the distance indeed.

Just kidding...

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 02, 2012, 07:38:59 pm »

Has anyone tried giving Derm a great axe instead of a battle axe? They use the same skill, but a great axe is 2 handed, so no shield. It would be interesting to see what happened. "The Soulchopper strikes the Goblin Axeman in the lower body and the severed part flies off in a arc!"
Also, Battlecat, what is my dorf wearing?

Beenoc

• Bay Watcher
  • To live, one must first be born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: November 06, 2012, 05:05:38 pm »

Just read the whole thread. it menaces with spikes of win, epic, and severed goblin limbs. I can haz dorfing? The highest skilled male cook, named Ramsey. He gets very, very, VERY angry whenever someone cooks a meal that is mediocre or worse. And yes, I am basing him off of Gordon Ramsey from Hell's Kitchen. :P
This is a dwarf. It is decorated with dwarfiness and menaces with spikes of Brit. Engraved on the dwarf is an image of a dwarf digging a hole. This relates to the digging of a hole by Honeydew the dwarf in 2011.

I was the deceased vessel through which dark magick was done and Necrothreat III was created from the ruins of my old forum posts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118805.0

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: November 07, 2012, 08:48:34 am »

*plots magma bath*

*with extra salt*

Prometheusmfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: November 10, 2012, 08:54:37 pm »

Just read the whole thread. it menaces with spikes of win, epic, and severed goblin limbs. I can haz dorfing? The highest skilled male cook, named Ramsey. He gets very, very, VERY angry whenever someone cooks a meal that is mediocre or worse. And yes, I am basing him off of Gordon Ramsey from Hell's Kitchen. :P

Nothing quite feels like plowing through this fortress.
It is so much fun.
I just googled that phrase and found nothing. Congratulations, those three words in that order have never been typed into the googleable internet before! Until now.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 01, 2012, 09:43:08 am »

DEAR ARMOK A FORTRESS WITH WIN I would like to join in this masterpiece. Flame, any unclaimed legendary engineer.

Abyss, Holder of Light

• Bay Watcher
  • [DARK_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: December 02, 2012, 12:19:57 pm »

Oh god I just came back.

What's going on Battlecat?
Clearly now all we need added are dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you. Thus we can release them along with the dogs & bees themselves when unwelcome guests come to your fortress.

And then lock the door.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 118