Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293800 times)

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1545 on: June 21, 2012, 12:06:10 pm »

MAY THE FAKE SOULS OF THE DEMONS BE DEVOURED BY DERM'S AXE!

Siraidan9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: June 21, 2012, 05:34:32 pm »

I'm going to laugh if derm dies to the first attack.
Slicity, slice, stab, stab, cut, thrust, roundhouse kick, hack

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: June 21, 2012, 08:32:22 pm »

Let the fun begin! I've posted this before, but now that we're actually breaking it, I'll repost it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKUeZQbMF0
Oh, and eat heartily dwarfs, for tonight, we dine in HELL.(Yes I did just rip off 300)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: June 22, 2012, 03:55:20 am »

Kezan's Journal; Date unmarked :  "The depths have opened. I can feel it! may the first builders give us strength." *An elaborate gear is drawn below the single line*
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 28, 2012, 12:31:25 pm »

The Battle for the Adamantine – Part 1

Derm heard a loud crash down the tunnel, then another and another.  It sounded like the simple cave in traps that Cog had installed to try and trap a demon.  From the sound of the corridor ahead, it only managed to irritate the beasts, not trap them. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It had been worth a try at least.  Derm had recalled the archers for the moment.  Everyone would be in place to fight the beast but he was going to face the first arrival.  Then a demon rounded the corner. 

Spoiler: Winged Monster (click to show/hide)

Derm brandished his axe and charged in to meet the demon as did several other dwarves in the combat area.  It was at least the same size as the forgotten beasts he had fought in the past, so he fought this one the same way.  But much more easily because he had a mass of soldiers fighting with him.  The demon could only concentrate on one dwarf at a time. 

Derm got several shots in, but it was Sturist who got the killing blow, chopping the beast in half with his adamantine axe.  But he heard screeching in the hallway.  There was a massive mob approaching now. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He shouted orders to the archers, “Head to the forward fortifications!” 

OOC:  So demons are now stun proof.  I couldn’t find any information to prove it one way or the other.  Nice to have it confirmed experimentally.  But good grief is the game slow now.  1 fps on a high end computer. 

@dermonster: And so it does.  You didn’t get the first kill but I’m playing more conservatively on the official run.  I promise a Derm vs Hell thought experiment after this is all done. 

@Indricotherium: I sure hope so!

@Siraidan9: It’s really hard to say.  Depends on how many syndromes and fire beasts the dwarves have to face.  A fire demon could probably take down half the army just by dying as a ball of fire.  But at least they survived the first demon!  1 down, dozens to go!

@Triaxx2: You have been sealed in for a while now!

@Blead: Same here!

@Child of Armok:  Indeed!

@wsoxfan: Good choice!

@Riversand: Kezan’s defense designs are incorporated into the adamantine security system.  Even if the army falls, the fortress may be able to survive. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 04:10:07 pm by Battlecat »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: June 28, 2012, 03:41:36 pm »

I was referring to the bridges for the shooting porches actually.

siraidan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: June 29, 2012, 12:57:15 pm »

Woot. first down, shit ton to go.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: June 30, 2012, 03:14:22 am »

No, the other demons will flee when they see Derm in a martial trance while he stands above the body of the dead demon.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 30, 2012, 07:22:58 am »

Yeah, they'll run, but it won't make a difference. He'll just chase them down and keep blowing through them.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: June 30, 2012, 01:34:59 pm »

Poor demons :( Ah well, more target practice for the military.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 30, 2012, 06:30:41 pm »

Quick question, what's Derm's Legendary level?
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: July 01, 2012, 03:13:58 am »

+100 or something

Blead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: July 01, 2012, 05:23:02 am »

I asked that a couple of pages back (page 95 I believe)

Back then these were his skills:

But who knows how much stronger he has gotten within a year time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:26:45 am by Blead »
NOT a friendly dwarf.

Prometheusmfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: July 01, 2012, 08:33:40 am »

I ended up staying up all night reading this, and there is only one thing I can say: Wow. This was probably the most fun I've ever had reading a community fort. The storytelling is brilliant, a more natural feel due to the nature of it's creation. Every character has become likable and relatable. I absolutely am looking forward to the conclusion, and expect it to be as fun and epic as the rest of this thread has been. Truly Towersoared has become a tale that rivals even the grandest lore!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Towersoared
I have started a TvTropes page
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:18:29 am by Prometheusmfd »
I just googled that phrase and found nothing. Congratulations, those three words in that order have never been typed into the googleable internet before! Until now.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: July 02, 2012, 03:25:28 am »

There should be an Epic Fortresses submenu in the Hall of Legends and this should be the first to join it.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 118