Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293166 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1425 on: January 04, 2012, 05:30:27 pm »

For shame, that is no proper Derm strategy.

A proper Derm strategy is: I'll kill one half, then the other half, then rekill the first half on my way back home.

Why?

Because the awesomeness of my killing the second half will bring them back to life.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 04, 2012, 05:32:55 pm »

When all you have is an axe, things start looking like trees.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 05, 2012, 04:01:32 am »

When all you have is an axe, things start looking like trees.
Which is why I'm a mason. Axes can't really hurt stone walls (assuming that they're made of a decent stone).

Argonnek puzzled over the blocks he was making. They seem to be swimming, he thought. Or ish that the booze? He tried to make them stop, but that just made the sky take it up as well. The sky? What? He was inside just a moment ago... He tried to see his reflection in his mug. Mug? How did he get here? Need more booze...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:08:11 am by Argonnek »

Blead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 05, 2012, 04:36:06 am »

Derm beat Nemo and Holistic detective. He truly is the greatest dwarf alive.
NOT a friendly dwarf.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 06, 2012, 02:17:40 pm »

OOC: The following is the ongoing repeat of the first 3 months of 324 due to file corruption.

Cog’s Journal, 4th of Slate 324

We have a reasonable supply of obsidian and cobalt blocks for the week.  I’ve ordered the mason shops to temporarily shut down and construction to be the top priority.  I’d like the ground floor of the inner wall to be done this year. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, our booze supply is well into the safe zone.  We have over 3000 units now, but I don’t intend to slow down production!  I’m sure Argonnek the self appointed booze inspector (drunk) will be pleased. 

Cog’s Journal, 9th of Slate 324

A great beast of ice has come to the second cave level.  I believe it is Thor’s turn to handle the beast today.  It apparently has deadly spittle but I think that’s not too dangerous to an adamantine clad dwarf. 

Events of the, 6th of Felsite 324

Thor was having a good hunt searching for the beast in the second caves.  He’d already had the chance to slaughter a herd of crundles.  The nasty little beasts weren’t dangerous by themselves but a large group could be deadly. 

Now he had finally tracked down the beast and was ready to fight.  The beast lurched out of the water and as usual for these monsters, it charged him sending him tumbling.  However, unexpectedly it spat a glob of icy goo out of its mouth at him.  It flew past him into the water beyond.  He was going to have to be careful with this one. 

He dodged around, just like Derm had instructed, letting it miss him and bowl him around, waiting for an opening.  Suddenly, there it was.  He swung his hammer with all his might into the beast’s foot.  With a crunch the beast’s foot was chipped and it fell over. 

Now he could go to work on the thing.  He began dancing around the crippled beast, smashing it with his hammer.  It kept spitting at him, but Thor was too fast for the monster.  The beast’s icy body was tough, but his hammer was tougher.  Eventually he broke the beast into pieces and it was dead. 

A good fight indeed.  He now had two forgotten beasts on his tally.  His only disappointment was that the next beast would go to a different member of his squad.  On the bright side though, if Cog was right about what hid behind the adamantine, there were dangerous days ahead for Towersoared. 

Cog’s Journal, 9th of Felsite 324

One of our newest adults was taken by a mood today.  Sakzul began babbling in the corridor and charged off towards the crafting shops.  Sounds like another artifact in the making.   

Cog’s Journal, 12th of Felsite 324

Zasit, who has been mayor for a very long time had Balta thrown in jail for 51 days for failing to make a native aluminum item.  I just don’t get why he would do that over something we can’t even make.  I think his long stint as mayor may be going to his head. 

In other news, the Elven caravan has arrived right on schedule.  I’m sure we’ll get a small quantity of booze and other good stuff from them. 

OOC: That’s a wrap for now.  I’m pretty much caught up with the lost time now! 

@dermonster: You’ve had the scale broken for quite a while now!  And no signs of you stopping.

@kisame12794: Indeed he is.  Most military dwarves don’t survive this long.  In fact, all the dwarves in the army are taking levels in badassery.  Derm is just ahead of the curve due to his obsessive compulsive training disorder.

@Syntic: I’d love to see him go up against a huge army.  The best I can think of is the entire military. 

@Triaxx2: Heh, that would be cool.  Shame we can’t resurrect things with the current version of Runecraft.

@Argonnek: Nice!

@Blead: Yeah, it’s hard to believe Derm topped those two.  Granted, I think my fortress has been running longer than that succession game survived, so Derm has had more training time that most military dwarves. 

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 06, 2012, 02:57:00 pm »

Shame we won't be getting any necromancers.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 06, 2012, 03:09:12 pm »

Shame we won't be getting any necromancers.
indeed.
you coud have had endless fun with a necromancer in refuse stockpile
I am a Goober.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 10, 2012, 05:38:31 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 18th of Felsite 324

Well it appears our enemies haven’t forgotten about our existence.  A kobold siege arrived today.  I’m not interested in playing games with these, I’ve told Derm to take most of the military and wipe the surface clean.

Especially since it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a goblin siege close behind. 

Events of the 19th of Felsite 324

Dragonshardz, recent military recruit ran as fast as he could to keep up with his squad.  But their many years of training left him in the dust and by the time he caught up, the battle was fully joined.  He was almost there and noticed a kobold trying to slip away from the fight.  He ran up and with a single swing of his sword, lopped the kobold’s head off.  All those years of carving and masonry work seemed to have paid off. 

Derm watched in satisfaction as another Kobolds head went flying, as usual this was nothing. 

Thor caved the skull of his 5th Kobold and looked around.  There was one more squad of Kobolds up in the mountains.  Two other squads were moving in that direction from the other side of the mountain, it was pretty much a race to see who would arrive first. 

Garet, Master of Weapons swung his sword like a dervish.  His skills had far exceeded those of the simple kobolds.  He was up to 6 kills before any of the other members of his squad caught up.  But he was already heading towards the last squad.  He quickly tore another 7 kobolds apart before the rest turned and ran for their lives.  But a stray sword nipped across his face, leaving a shallow cut on the cheek.  That would leave a mark. 

Cog’s Journal, 20th of Felsite 324

The military performed admirably during this last siege. There were two injuries though, apparently Dragonshardz caught a stray arrow near the end of the siege, and possibly has a broken arm.  Garet has a nasty cut on his face, but he seems unconcerned.   

No sign of goblins, but that’s fine by me.  On a separate note, Vucar gave birth to her 19th child during the siege.  I really don’t know what to say, her and Asmel are the parents of the next generation. 

OOC:  Nice quiet update.  You could hardly hear the Kobold screams in the distance.  :-)

@dermonster: Yeah, that would be pretty cool.  Sadly not a reasonable option, but it would be very cool indeed. 

@magmaholic: Oh yes.  Heck, there are several hundred goblin corpses strewn around the front gates; that would make one stupendous army as well.  And without even having to go into the fortress! 

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 10, 2012, 08:08:57 pm »

Re-enact 300. 700 undead vs Derm. WHO WOULD WIN.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 12, 2012, 10:59:39 pm »

How's me SEEECRET project going so far?
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

Siraidan9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 18, 2012, 10:35:44 pm »

Hello my good sirrahs! Amazing this is. Would you mind handing me indirect ownership of a dwarf? Gender, doesn't matter, but if it's male... Name him Durhak please. If you don't mind, could it be an apprentice to worm<the brewing part> and siege engineer. Please. Excuse me for the demands.

The character of the dwarf would be a bit of a loner, and somewhat shifty. The dwarfs thoughts and preferences don't matter that much, though, it'd be nice if he didn't have (many/any) friends. Thank you for reading to this point, Thatdude, can't say I like your name, but I'm a supporter, you too Adker. Though, Derm will always be more epic.

-for Armok
Slicity, slice, stab, stab, cut, thrust, roundhouse kick, hack

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 20, 2012, 03:16:13 am »

Glad to see you remain among the living! How goes the control room now that I am the only one to ask about it?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 24, 2012, 02:17:55 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 9th of Hematite 324

The newest adult in our fortress came to speak with me today.  He’s the 6th child of Bennet and Edem.  He wants to apprentice to Worm as a Brewer and as a Siege Engineer which means working with Tin Reaper.  He also requested a new name to go with his new status.  It’s certainly not a problem, I’ve never been one to block dwarves from chasing their dreams. 

Cog’s Journal, 16th of Hematite 324

Sakzul entered the dining hall with an elegant amulet, although it’s short on details.  I’m sure the Duke is cackling to himself, he loves the stupid things.

Still it is a beautiful creation. 

Cog’s Journal, 24th of Hematite 324

I ran into Scaraban down in the adamantine defense system today.  He was examining the glyphs carved into the wall of one section of the defenses.  I think I startled him; he seemed quite defensive, explaining he was just double checking to make sure they matched up with the controls upstairs. 

Either way, I told him that while he was down here, he could add the controls for the last ditch bridge defenses as well since I had just finished building it.  He seemed pleased at the news and hurried off to get started.

Cog’s Journal, 5th of Malachite 324

Well apparently failure to create goat horn items leads to a punishment of 76 days in prison for one of our masons.  We don’t need any goat horn items, we’re overloaded as it is! 

To keep me distracted from my urge to wring a certain neck, I’ve ordered work to begin on the front gate siege tower foundations.  This should make the day of our siege engineers.  It also means we can start planning the installation of the outer gate drawbridges.   

OOC:  Construction is proceeding nicely; the dwarves have gotten a lot done this year already.  Another squad is almost outfitted with adamantine armor, which includes Omen, Dragonshardz, Garet and Muffintoast. 

@kisame12794: I’d put my money on Derm.  :)

@Mjattie: I’ve got a spot picked out, just waiting for a floorplan sketch.  :)  Thanks to other projects, I even know how I’ll ensure that only your dwarf works on it. 

@Siraidan9: Welcome aboard, it’s no problem at all!  I’ve posted you dwarf above.  He’s a completely unskilled dwarf who just became an adult a few sessions ago.  As you can see above, he has no friends, just acquaintances and a fairly large family.

@Scaraban: It’s coming along slowly, the recent challenges have been keeping up with the installation of new mechanisms, there’s been quite a few added lately, some have become inaccessible before you and Martini complete the secret hookup.  But I’m certainly trying to keep up with it!  In fact, I made mention of it above since you’ll certainly want control over the adamantine defense system.  Actually, right at this moment, I’m also expanding the facility to make room for more controls. 

Siraidan9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 24, 2012, 05:11:35 pm »

huzzah! I have a dwarf. Right then. time to make alcohol.
Slicity, slice, stab, stab, cut, thrust, roundhouse kick, hack

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 24, 2012, 08:14:07 pm »

Syntic's Journal:
Going to go talk with Cog. If people are going to keep getting picked to be arrested for random non-sense instead of actual crimes, then we may as well make the dungeon as opulent as we can. Let's have them enjoy their stay as much as we can. Heck perhaps we'll even start getting repeat offenders.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 118