Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293164 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1395 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:28 pm »

It lives! How is Argonnek doing? Still drunk?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 06, 2011, 08:56:02 am »

Hmm.. I'm thinking basically an expanded tower of Triaxx, extended off of the stairs down through 132.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 06, 2011, 02:08:11 pm »

I see these quiet years as the calm before the inevitable storm.

:)
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 06, 2011, 02:42:46 pm »

I see these quiet years as the calm before the inevitable storm.

:)

Well I'm not so sure about any store myself. I've seen epic constructions from other people with the progression through multiple years. It always seems that there is this start up phase where things can go right or wrong, but once you reach that golden point that there is nothing the game can throw at you that would cause you to fail. Of course there is always something the player could do that would cause some disaster, but that would either be intentional or a serious mistake.

The only way I can see a game induced storm for this fortress at this point is if mods were to be installed. I'm not sure what mods are out there or how mods even really work in Dwarf Fortress, but that's what I see as a way to create some strife that could challenge the dwarfs.

Not that this project isn't still interesting to pay attention to, I just don't see any storms coming in the near future with the game build being used currently.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 06, 2011, 09:34:38 pm »

The HFS would probably be one.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 06, 2011, 09:38:13 pm »

I await the day that they taste my axe.

Also, I so want to see more Derm Vs other Towersoared millitary logs.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 06, 2011, 09:51:30 pm »

As do I, as do I.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 07, 2011, 02:37:16 am »

The HFS would probably be one.

Just play some Dwarven Chess with it and claim Hell as your personal playground.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 07, 2011, 07:56:41 am »

I suspect that Derm vs the Entire Military at once would go to the judges.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 09, 2011, 03:58:58 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 12th of Felsite, 324

Elven caravan arrived today.  Not really a point of importance but we’ll get some items out for trading.  I don’t expect much, but they’ve always done a decent job of providing us with brewable plants. 

The military is busy with preparations and training, the last few pieces of adamantine gear for Derm’s squad are coming off the assembly line soon, then we begin work on adamantine equipment for the rest of the military.  And the defenses are very, very close to completion.  The miners have carefully begun exposing deeper sections of the adamantine vein. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cog’s Journal, 19th of Felsite, 324

A small breath of life in the fortress, Vucar gave birth to her 19th child today.  Another daughter.  There really isn’t much else to say on this. 

On a separate note, we purchased all the booze and brewable materials from the elves for a single golden crown, a creation of Vucar herself. 

Derm's Journal – Combat Exercise Project #3 – 22nd of Felsite, 323

Scenario: Second floor storage room vs Thor and Rashem Heron-marked.  Both soldiers fully armed and armored with adamantine armor and weapons except for Thor’s platinum war hammer. 

This scenario will prove far more challenging since there are no weak points for me to carve off limbs easily.  The question here is, will I be overwhelmed during a 2 vs 1 fight against opponents this well trained and equipped? 

As I envision it, a perfect defense is second only to a perfect offense.  I have both.  Eventually, one dwarf will make a small mistake, allowing me to breach their armor.  Once through, the razor sharp blade of my axe will finish the job. 

I believe I will have to consider the challenge of fighting my entire squad next. 

OOC: Derm move up a level, successfully defeating two adamantine equipped dwarves without injury.  Coming next update: Derm vs his entire squad. 

@Argonnek: He’s doing just fine, out of prison and back to work on examining the booze supply!

@Triaxx2: I’ll have to look into it.  In the meantime, you are fully stocked on food.

@Indricotherium: Something like that, although the fortress is incredibly stable.  The only danger remaining is through the adamantine.  If I defeat that, I might just retire the fortress as is since the fps is getting frustratingly low on my brand new quad core system.  We’ll see though.

@Syntic: That’s exactly right.  There isn’t any threat that the fortress can’t handle short of amplifying goblins to insane levels.  Except possibly the HFS.  Which we’ll see about soon!

@dermonster: You’re in luck, I’ve got one today, and another planned for next update.

@dragonshardz: Yeah, I think I’ll claim hell soon.  Probably late this year or early next year game time. 

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 09, 2011, 04:00:48 pm »

Hell yeah!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 09, 2011, 07:05:08 pm »

Damn Derm you scary.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 10, 2011, 10:29:47 am »

That sounds awesome. Can we have a save game so we can look at it in stone sense? I want to see what my tower looks like.

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 13, 2011, 09:20:54 pm »

I would like a dwarf. His name should be Mr. Anderson, any random hauler or someone who wouldn't be missed. His only project will be to build a bunker in the mountainside. I will draw plans later, but it should be pursued in secret, with no one else working on it but myself.
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 14, 2011, 04:12:16 am »

LOL I REFUSE THAT NAME, AS MY REAL LIFE NAME IS MR. ANDERSON
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 118