Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293197 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1350 on: September 21, 2011, 03:33:38 pm »

Lol. Also \o/.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 21, 2011, 03:46:23 pm »

Wasn't I one of the cleanest dwarfs around a while back? i didn't have anything on me, I think.

This just in: Forgotten beasts are now on the range! Derm (Soulchopper) has announced that any beasts he finds 'uninteresting' which he admits 'is pretty much most of them by now' are now free to be killed by the other members of the millitary. he claims that it 'has basically lost it's thrill.' He has however, staked a claim on surface titans, Bronze colossi, and Dragons, claiming he hasn't killed enough of those sort.

Other members of his squad were reported to be 'thrilled' and 'extatic', claiming it would help them move from out of Derm's shadow, which in this reporters opinion, is a load of crock because they're basically following in his footsteps. Derm claims to be looking forward to the time when 'Cog opens that damned pipe and lets me kill the only legitimate threat I have left.'
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 23, 2011, 01:04:59 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 16th of Malachite, 323

Work on paving the ground floor of our walls is continuing.  I’m having the masons add simple patterning in.  I plan to have different materials and patterns on the various levels of the wall as they go up just to keep it fresh.  We’re using cobaltite on the ground floor, the dark blue looks lovely with the black obsidian. 

Cog’s Journal, 6th of Galena, 323

The roar was heard clearly throughout the first cave level.  A deadly beast of legend has arrived at our fortress.  The question is, how dangerous is it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deadly blood is always a questionable danger.  Can someone kill the beast without getting any blood on themselves?  Derm has retired from Forgotten Beast elimination and he wouldn’t be ideal due to his penchant for creating blood spray.  Perhaps a hammerdwarf . . . Thor should be able to accomplish the task.  And he’s be itching for a solo fight for as long as I can remember.   

I’ve ordered everyone inside.  It creates some chaos and confusion but sometimes that’s necessary. 

Events of the 8th of Galena, 323

The second Thor stepped off the bridge, he heard the orders being shouted up to seal the gates.  With an ominous thud, the bridge closed, sealing the fortress off from the horror that had invaded the caves.  He hefted his platinum hammer and headed off on the hunt.  The beast was out in the caves somewhere.

Events of the 10th of Galena, 323

Thor heard flapping as the beast flew overhead without noticing him.  He turned and followed the beast.  A short time later it landed on the muddy cavern floor.  He walked up to it, weapon at the ready and bellowed a challenge. 

The beast reared flapped its wings to rapidly charge at him.  He took one swing and then followed the oft discussed tactic of being the ball and let the beast push him around until an opening appeared.

It didn’t take very long.  The beast, buoyed by the apparent passiveness of his combat charged at him yet again.  This time he leaped out of the way, allowing the beast to slam into a tree.  This time he unleashed hell on the beast as it was stunned.  But the chiten was tough, so the creature recovered.  But it couldn’t hurt him.  However, he could easily hurt it. 

The fight continued, he continued to dodge and be pushed around.  Then the creature overextended itself again.  It slammed into a stone wall and collapsed to the ground stunned.  He began kicking and punching it, hardly damaging it.  Then he kicked it in the head.  He must have found a soft spot because the beast’s skull cracked open and it collapsed to the ground, dead. 

Other than a small spatter of ichor on his hammer, he was completely clean.  Not a drop of the deadly blood was on his body.  He made his way back towards the fortress to sound the all clear.  It was a good fight.  The only downside was not getting the kill with his hammer.  But his 56th notable kill was a forgotten beast! 

OOC: Good to know other military members are just as strong against beasts Derm.  I plan to eventually rotate the entire military against them, but I’ll prioritize people who I notice around the thread first naturally!

@Syntic: Nice one!  The smell was actually from his armor, but the effect would be the same.

@kisame12794: Congratulations on your first forgotten beast kill Thor! 

@dermonster: You’re perfectly clean, but in an ironic quirk of dwarf behavoir, that doesn’t translate to your armor!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 23, 2011, 02:15:44 pm »

YES! YES! YES! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Still no where near dermonster though :(
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 23, 2011, 03:35:49 pm »

eventualy, your just going to run out of forgotten beasts.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 27, 2011, 01:11:32 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 13th of Galena, 323

The human caravan arrived at Towersoared today.  We’re in better shape for booze than last year, but with our growing population we can always use more.

Events of the 17th of Galena, 323

Undertaker was outside gathering the remains of the fallen creatures.  There were many dead outside, and it was a chore to clean them up.  But a necessary chore.  Suddenly he heard the cruch of sand nearby. 

A squad of kobolds armed with bows had slipped up nearby.  Several bolts flew and one tore through his leg.  He collapsed to the ground in agony.  Several more bolts tore into him and he felt his life draining away.  His last thought was one of satisfaction.  At least the dead would be well taken care of in Towersoared thanks to his advocacy with Cog. 

A short time later Catten, Monty and the rest of their squad annihilated the kobold ambushers.

Cog’s Journal, 1st of Limestone, 323

Since our regular broker doesn’t seem to be around, I took care of trading myself this year.  We got a massive quantity of food and booze, more than enough to last us for years.  I also purchased all the metal they were carrying, we’re not short but it’s always nice to have more.

Currently the big job in the depths is carving out the defensive systems and the combat corridors.  We have no idea what’s down there, so we have to prepare for anything and everything.  I’ll have more details to share with the rest of the fortress at the new year gathering this year.  I expect it will still be another year or two before we are 100% ready to see what lies below this fortress. 

OOC: Another death due to ambush.  I don’t even know what he was doing out there. 

@kisame12794: Well Derm does have a few years ahead of you.  No worries, I expect lots of killing in the future.  Besides, you’ve at least proven yourself to be at least equal in skill to Derm.

@Karakzon: Yeah, that will be a funny day.  I’ve lost track of how many beasts have died in the depths of Towersoared. 

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 27, 2011, 02:43:30 pm »

*A rum-stained journal is found in a hallway. Much of the text is illegible, save for what appear to be words to a song or poem*

Mason o Mason
Carve me some blocks,
Cut them and shine them
From plentiful rocks,
Then build us a wall
In the darkest depths,
To save the citizens
From untimely deaths.

*There are images of blocks and walls all over the page.*

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 27, 2011, 02:54:03 pm »

We'll see about that in the arena ;)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 27, 2011, 07:18:28 pm »

dragonshardz' Journal

While I enjoy engraving the walls and floors of my wondrous home with art of the highest degree, I feel as though my creativity is beginning to dry up. Perhaps a stint in the Guard as a Swordsdwarf would give my mind some new material? Must speak to Cog about this - perhaps I can alternate training with masonry?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 29, 2011, 06:36:48 am »

Journal of Triaxx

Finally, another has a forgotten beast to his name. And yet the might of Derm grows more rather than less. It is his truth and his might that shall keep us safe. Others merely borrow his power.

---

Any thoughts on the Title Trench?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: September 29, 2011, 08:32:17 am »

Ahras journal
ah well atleast someone else than "soulchopper killed the beast today, refreshing thing.
also we have lost an dwarf today, i didnt even know the guy did he commit suicide.?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 29, 2011, 12:19:33 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 2nd of Limestone, 323

Dragonshardz came by my office today to chat about enlisting in the army part time.  I’m certainly happy to allow that request.  I’ve assigned him to the Works of Courage until he gains more skill.  I’ve assigned him adamantine items although there will be some work to make sure the items are crafted.  We’re overdue for some adamantine crafting anyhow. 

He joins the squad training next month. 

Cog’s Journal, 20th of Limestone, 323

Today in the statue garden the second youngest daughter of Kezan began babbling madly.  She quickly dashed off towards the workshops pushing people out of the way.  Naturally she decided to claim one of the adamantine processing workshops.   

Cog’s Journal, 3rd of Sandstone, 323

At last it is time to test our latest creation!  Cross your fingers and throw the switch! 

It works!  The dining hall fountain works so beautifully!  No water flooding, a fine mist around the space, who could complain.  Even better, another task off the list! 

OOC: The dining hall fountain works like a charm.  Sadly I can’t leave it running all the time for FPS considerations but it exists and it works without any flooding issues, mostly because the system is isolated from the active water supply.  Realistically you can assume it would be active most of the time, except for winter because of freezing issues. 

@Argonnek: Nice!

@dragonshardz: Consider it done.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: September 30, 2011, 05:45:01 am »

Great success! Will you dorf me as some builder of some sort? (I forget if I asked already) Name: Savol
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 03, 2011, 01:16:15 pm »

Events of the 6th of Sandstone, 323

Ushrir Monomumam the hauler had been briefly assigned the task of following Dumat, the dwarven child who currently appeared to be possessed by some creature.  Currently she was heading off towards the animal pens.  When the child opened the door and went through Ushrir heard an awful commotion.  She dashed up to look through the door and went pale at what she saw.

The animals were out and wandering around!  There was no panic amongst them but they were wandering towards the exit.  She slammed the door before any of them could escape and locked it.  The child could get out through one of the back doors; the important thing now was to keep all these animals from getting out. 

Then she saw the animals coming out of one of the other doors.  So much for that plan. 

Cog’s Journal, 8th of Sandstone, 323

I’m still not sure how we’re going to deal with the number of loose animals in the butchers facility but in the meantime I’ve suspended milking and cheese making operations.  Someone must have opened some cages since most of the animals are loose.   It really nailed home how large our animal population is.  I believe we’ll have to start slaughtering animals more regularly in the near future. 

In the meantime we have to catch all the bloody animals and put them back in their cages. 

On a separate note, one of our numerous legendary masons approached me to request a new name.  As one of the builders of Towersoared, I was delighted to enter his new name, Savol, on to his records. 

Cog’s Journal, 17th of Sandstone, 323

Apparently the creation is a lovely tetrahedrite ring.  It’s worth about 43,000 urists and is decorated with a picture of the founding of Towersoared.  It’s quite lovely.

That was lovely, now I need to go catch another loose horse. 

OOC: Apparently my game isn’t retaining pasture information properly.  Or I’m using them wrong, but either way now the place is a mess of loose animals that have to be re-caged.  So much for that experiment. 

@Savolainen5: Consider yourself dorfed!  I don’t think you’ve requested one yet!  He's a legendary mason already. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:39:17 pm by Battlecat »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 03, 2011, 05:43:00 pm »

That's one of the reasons I find myself using 'fencing' to back up pasturing. Plus it keeps non-animals out. Of course, I don't have a Derm, or legendary supersquad of dwarf ninja's to merrily and mercilessly slaughter dozens upon dozens of foes. (Or badgers.)
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 118