Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293199 times)

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1320 on: September 06, 2011, 01:00:56 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 23rd of Slate, 323

A beast wandered into our caverns today.  Spos Zomusesru Daz Esp is an ugly one eyed turtle breathing poisonous vapors.  I expect it would do a lot of damage to a melee fighter so this one is for Thatdude our master archer. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We’ll seal up the fortress once we see where it is heading.  Fortunately we sealed up the old adamantine access points as we converted over to the new setup. 

Cog’s Journal, 3rd of Felsite, 323

The beast appears to have moved into range of the hanging tower.  With any luck, Thatdude might be able to get a clear shot from inside. 

Events of the 5th of Felsite, 323

Thatdude walked into Triaxx’s tower.  She could hear him snoring in his private bedroom and shook her head.  He was hiding out deep underground away from the hustle and bustle of the main fortress.  But he was a side point.  Mostly she was excited, this would be the first Forgotten beast kill earned by Anirborush. 

And there was the beast, idling near the tower.  She began to unleash bolt after bolt.  The first few struck the legs and shell, making the beast angry and confused.  Then a third one pierced the shell near the upper back and suddenly it collapsed to the ground.  She had broken its spine.  Now it would be easy.  The next bolt went through the beast’s throat, sending blood spraying from the artery.  Two more bolts and then she stopped firing.  The beast wasn’t moving.  It was dead. 

She gathered herself together and made her way upstairs to sound the all clear. 

OOC: Another forgotten beast down the hatch.  Trust me, you didn’t want to face this one in hand to hand combat, I tested it. 

@ushilzagith: Welcome back!  Adker is alive and well.  He currently has 2 forgotten beasts, 2 goblins, a nightwing and two giant Eagles on his kill list.  Your wife is also alive working very hard at keeping the fortress supplied with plants for brewing.  7 of your 8 children are still alive as you noted in your journal.  Mafol and Osodnil (claimed dwarf) are grown up and working as Masons now.  Vucar another of your children has also come of age and is working as a hauler/mason. 

I really enjoyed reading your character’s reactions, it really does refresh our memories that not everything is perfect in Towersoared! 

@Syntic: I’ve been thinking over your idea and I’ve come up with a perfect way to use it.  Thanks for the idea, expect to see more about it over the coming weeks once I have time to run the tests. 

@Triaxx2: That linkage is going to use about 200 or so power.  I've got about 3000 to work with now and all the systems operate independantly, so there isn't any shortage. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:03:49 pm by Battlecat »

thriftshopmusketeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 07, 2011, 12:13:00 pm »

I'm still alive!

Sorry for the silence, but I was away from the internet for more or less the whole summer, for one reason or another. I'm back now, though!

Now to catch up.

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 08, 2011, 11:35:44 am »

Yeah! I still got it! Derm got nothin' on me!

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 08, 2011, 02:17:02 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 6th of Felsite, 323

In the ongoing effort to get the Mausoleum truly established, I assigned a new set of tombs today.  We’ve barely got 5% of the fortress assigned, but at least we’ve got it started.  I’m assigning them semi randomly although there just a very long list of residents I’m going through.  I’ll be honest; I’m making sure my fellow founders get assigned tombs early.  Today Syntic, Rogue, Michael, Worm and Iteb among others were assigned their resting places.  As required by Undertaker, all coffins are built from marble. 

Of course this is being done in amongst the process of establishing our secured adamantine perimeter. 

Cog’s Journal, 16th of Felsite, 323

The Elven caravan arrived today.  I expect they’ll bring the usual supplies of booze and berries which we can use to bolster our supply.  We’re up to 2200 drinks now but only enough plants for 3 more barrels so the added materials are welcome as always.  They again appear to have forgone sending a diplomat.  I guess they really don’t care about our abuse of the mushroom forests! 

Derm’s Journal – Combat Exercise Project #1 - 23rd of Felsite, 323

Trial one.  Rovod Lesatcog Leganrorash Ostar, Legendary Sworddwarf.  He is wearing an adamantine breastplate and steel armor, carrying an iron shield, and a steel sword since his adamantine sword isn’t crafted yet.  He has many years less experience then me as is the case will all the sword dwarves.  Scenario: He goes berserk in an isolated room in the military tower. 

My reflexes would allow me to easily get in a starting blow.  With the enemy in steel armor, Duraduker Adol Rafum would easily remove a limb such as an arm.  It’s quite possible he would then charge me to try to get the advantage.  I would stand my ground to block the shot but I might get knocked down due to the heavier weight of my opponents steel armor.  It will be easy enough to recover stand up and return the charge once my head clears if I’m stunned.

In the meantime my opponent is bleeding out from the arm and retreating to try and avoid me.  A second shot could easily remove a leg and prevent him from escaping.  With his leg removed it’s a simple case of finishing him off by removing his remaining limbs until he bleeds out. 

Result: Beserk military dwarf dead with minimal impact.  Cleaning crew will not be pleased though. 

Cog’s Journal, 28th of Felsite, 323

Good trading with the elves this year.  A lot of wild animals to add to our breeding collection and a good supply of booze and berries.  We also purchased some random bags of sand and dye just to round it out. 

OOC: The first of Derm’s journal entries.  I was wondering what Derm would write in his journal, this seems quite probable. I’ll do an ever increasing series of combat challenges vs other military members to see what happens.   

@thriftshopmusketeer: Welcome back, hope you had a fun summer!  Garet is doing quite well so far, he’s up to Talented as a sworddwarf now.

@Thatdude: Indeed, it was well played!   You are second only to Derm when it comes to forgotten beast kills. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:32:38 pm by Battlecat »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 08, 2011, 02:43:25 pm »

Oh hell yes this is fantastic.

*Hits F5 like a madman, stops a few seconds later and lets e-mail notifications do their work.*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 08, 2011, 03:13:20 pm »

Me next! Oh and I will be taking a break indefinatly from drawing the dwarfs until I either get a drawing tablet or I finish helping Hugo_the_dwarf with concept art for his mod Regeneration. Indri because you complained I will post your dwarf first. Oh and I will also post avatar sized ones for you to use at your discretion.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 08, 2011, 07:14:52 pm »

stop feeding his ego!!! (he deserves it but anyway)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 08, 2011, 07:32:50 pm »

Me next! Oh and I will be taking a break indefinatly from drawing the dwarfs until I either get a drawing tablet or I finish helping Hugo_the_dwarf with concept art for his mod Regeneration. Indri because you complained I will post your dwarf first. Oh and I will also post avatar sized ones for you to use at your discretion.
Ooooooo, thank you in advance for that.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 08, 2011, 07:38:54 pm »

For the avatar sized ones?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 08, 2011, 07:40:57 pm »

You were drawing dwarves?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 08, 2011, 07:55:46 pm »

Yes I was drawing Dwarves but only the named ones like you and Indri. I asked a long time ago. If you look back through the pages you might find the desriptions.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 08, 2011, 07:57:02 pm »

I see.

*Is overcome with an intense desire to see the finished result.*

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 11, 2011, 10:19:42 pm »

Yes I was drawing Dwarves but only the named ones like you and Indri. I asked a long time ago. If you look back through the pages you might find the desriptions.

I do want to state that I complained but in a (hopefully obvious) non-serious way.

Still, that being said I am intensely curious to see the results too. :)
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 13, 2011, 11:34:04 am »

Hey, why is my well empty? Just haven't connected the water in?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 13, 2011, 04:57:10 pm »

I got some Pictures coming up. These are ones I did while bored a while ago.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 118