Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293209 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1275 on: August 06, 2011, 12:44:35 am »

breadbocks was banned, Battlecat. He might still read though.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 08, 2011, 04:47:16 am »

Silly Battle cat. Should have pumped in magma, and created a second, if temporary Obsidian farm. Would have been much faster to work with, and produced more of the stone needed for the upper wall.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 09, 2011, 01:17:31 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 10th of Timber, 322

Today the first master adamantine chain mail shirts were produced for our archers.  I want them armored lightly since they need to be mobile.  But the adamantine will ensure their safety if they get caught out in the open.  A few more masterwork sets and then Crifmer will begin work on the rest of the adamantine weapons. 

Cog’s Journal, 13th of Timber, 322

The caravan and liaison arrived today, for the first time in several years due to the intense sieges.  The liaison is running behind though.  Sounds like he was bored and unconvinced we were still here.  I guess they only sent him this year because of the formality requiring confirmation that a fortress has fallen.  Well we’re still here.   HAH!

Cog’s Journal, 19th of Timber, 322

The screams in the hills above the fortress roused us.  I sent the military to investigate.  Apparently this year’s liaison was struck down by a goblin ambush.  The military easily dispatched the creatures but it’s a major blow since I wanted to adjust our order for next year.  Well at least I can live with a repeat of this year from the look of the merchant carts.   

Cog’s Journal, 23rd of Timber, 322

In an unexpected turn of events, Syntic our dwarf of all trades took a break from his year off and took care of the trading this year.  We traded for 25,000 urists worth of gemstones plus booze, metals, GCS silks and other fantastic stuff. 

Cog’s Journal, 3rd of Moonstone, 322

Today I noticed a rather horrible site.  Encased in ice near the entrance to the dining hall is a cat.  I wonder who could be callous enough to throw a cat in the pond.  Especially one that freezes at this time of year. 

Cog’s Journal, 10th of Moonstone, 322

Today Bomrek Abrasmomuz was taken by a mood of some sort.  It wouldn’t be all that notable except that this particular dwarf is the eldest daughter of the Duke.  I’m not sure if he’s proud or concerned that his child has been taken by inspiration in this place.  I guess we’ll see what is going to be created!

Even more important, I gave the orders to install the last 3 windows on the north side of the dining hall.  The grand reveal will be ready for the end of year party.  Then we can start on the south side! 

OOC: Slowly plugging through the weeks.  FPS is starting to improve a bit as the water evaporates.

@Paaaad: No worries, there’s a lot of names to throw around here!

@Scaraban: Thanks for letting me know. 

@Triaxx2: I suppose I could have done that, but it feels a bit too much like cheating and it’s 140 tiles from the third cave level to the surface so it’s not really an efficient obsidian farm. 

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 09, 2011, 02:18:09 pm »

What happned to breadbocks?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 09, 2011, 06:17:38 pm »

He got banned over massive repeated ~tilde rage~ and stuff like that.

EDIT: Official reason: Trolling, antagonistic behavior, ignoring moderation
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:01:15 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 10, 2011, 08:19:08 am »

True, though since it's an over production, and only going to be used once, the distance doesn't really matter.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 15, 2011, 11:30:33 am »

Cog's Journal, 20th of Moonstone, 322

Today muffintoast was handed a pair of masterwork platinum shields.  Once he gains skill I expect to see many crushed skulls from these!  Crifmer is also plugging away at producing masterwork adamantine weapons again.  Today Omen received an adamantine spear.  Ahra should receive his in a day or two and then we'll continue down the list. 

Cog's Journal, 22nd of Moonstone, 322

Today the pumps began work once again.  The first underground lake is about to be finished being sealed off with obsidian.  Then we can truly proceed with our next adamantine mining project.  Even better, the next phase can be done in complete security without having to worry about cave monsters. 

Cog's Journal, 3rd of Opal, 322

The magma floods are nearly done, today I've got the miners carving the access to the lower adamantine pipe.  We'll have to be extra careful since we don't know the shape of the pipe. 

Cog's Journal, 8th of Opal, 322

There is much joy in receiving a new artifact.  Doubly so when it's created by the eldest daughter of our idiot baron.  At least the next generation is more capable. 

It's triply fun when the artifact makes a solid poke into the dukes gut.  His daughter built a raccoon bone animal trap, no doubt out of frustration from the never ending complaints of her father about the rats in his room. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just can't seem to wipe the smile off my face today.  :D

OOC: Slowly pushing through the year.  The game is so slow with all the water and magma activity.  I have to let it finish evaporating the last 2 depth naturally to reset the path finding.  I hope it passes soon!

@Triaxx2: True the distance isn't a huge issue in the long run, but it could cause short term frustration.  But in the end I suppose converting the lakes to obsidian would have worked as well.  With the fps finally starting to improve I'm not going to go back and fix it now.  But I'll keep that in mind as an option for the future lake draining accidents.   
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:25:16 pm by Battlecat »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 15, 2011, 06:37:59 pm »

talkin bout nuthin´ but if derm gets an death lower than helm hammerfist im surprised.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Algeroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 16, 2011, 02:32:49 pm »

Could you give my dwarf a platinum crossbow and train him as a marksdwarf/hammersdwarf?

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 19, 2011, 11:44:29 am »

Cog’s Journal, 18th of Opal, 322

The weeks just seem to be dragging past lately, but there is a glimmer of hope.  It is midwinter now and we’ve begun carefully mining around the next layers of the adamantine spires.  It’s an exciting time and the utmost care is being taken.  I've included a small sketch of the current mineshaft.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One additional note, Algeroth came to speak with me today to request a platinum crossbow and cross training as a hammerdwarf.  I actually have no idea if he will be able to wield both weapons effectively but it’s an interesting enough idea to try out.  I’ll put the work orders together and have him training soon.

OOC: Just a quick one, haven’t had much gaming time lately.

@Ahra: It’ll either be an epic death against the forces of hell or a quiet death in his sleep with a legendary number of kills to his name at this point.  I’m torn on which would be cooler.

@Algeroth: I’ll see what I can do.  Apparently I haven’t tweaked the game sufficiently to make crossbows out of platinum yet. That will shortly be corrected. 

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 19, 2011, 08:49:12 pm »

Neither. Just existing forever or turned into some protective god, forever watching over the fort.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 19, 2011, 10:09:51 pm »

Death by old age is probably the most badass death in the game. Think about it - a dwarf's natural lifespan is 150 to 170 years. The usual dwarven lifespan is between zero and twelve years after migrating to or being born in a fortress. For a dwarf to survive for a hundred and fifty years is practically unheard of, and doing so firmly places a dwarf in a position of the absolute highest respect for their will to survive, their luck, and/or their skill at not being horribly murdered.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 19, 2011, 10:10:59 pm »

I think the best death would be dying of old age while fighting the endless legions of hell.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 19, 2011, 10:18:35 pm »

Or immediately after defeating them all.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1289 on: August 20, 2011, 10:29:51 am »

To make a crossbow out of platium just edit a current reaction like Make Coke from Ligite so it takes on bar of Platium and makes one P Crossbow, then revert the reation to its normal state. Also Going to read this now since I posted lol
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 118