Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293220 times)

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1200 on: June 24, 2011, 11:23:12 pm »

Indri's Journal
28th of Moonstone

Hooray! The beast is dead and ThatDude didn't kill us all to do it! I even hear rumors that she's getting awarded a new unbelievable crossbow as reward for her persistence in reopening the best silk sources we have here at Towersoared. Well deserved, well deserved I say!
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 25, 2011, 11:08:50 pm »

is my dwarf doing anything besides chilling out and spitting out random prophecies to passerbys.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #1202 on: June 26, 2011, 11:45:41 pm »

This thread menaces epicness it made me join the forums just so I could get dorfed. :D

I would prefer a male swordsdwarf if possible as my first choice otherwise make me either miner,engraver or weaponsmith. If I get to be a swordsdwarf I wanna try duel wielding swords and no shield.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 27, 2011, 05:04:45 am »

you can dual weild weapons and still have a sheild. or sheilds. i have before convinced a dwarf to weild dual pickaxes and 2 copper sheilds.

also: do the marksdorfs have an archery range? or dont you bother with them?
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

automaton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 27, 2011, 07:08:34 am »

i've been following this fortress for a while now, and if there are any left, i'd like to be dorfed.
if possible, i'd like a male military dwarf with only shields. the more shields the better :p

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #1205 on: June 27, 2011, 07:45:46 am »

Oh and before I forget, give my dwarf the name Fenix. Looks like a dwarf with poor memory would suit me. Also try out what Karakzon said.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 27, 2011, 03:41:50 pm »

to make them weild pickaxes you have to assign a specific pickaxe that has been made in the place. Their may be a condition to have them kill a significant opponent, but i belive with assigned picks that were made in the place they will keep ahold of them when off duty and assigned miner job. wich is rather handy to make legendary miners.

just a shame that the best you can ever hope for is elite wrestler. and not even that if the miner skill goes waay beyond the wrestling one, but thats just nicetys, since a pickaxe is a cross between a spear and a axe.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 28, 2011, 01:59:35 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 24th of Opal, 321

To say that the past weeks have been uneventful is an understatement.  Not that I’m complaining, construction is proceeding nicely.  I had a visit from one of our furnace operators looking for reassignment.  Apparently he was training as a weaponsmith back in mountainhome but never took on the job here, preferring to sit back.  Apparently Crifmer’s epic crossbow has convinced him to pick up the hammer and anvil again. 

Spoiler: Fenix the Weaponsmith (click to show/hide)

I’ve assigned him to the creation of copper weapons we can trade.  But not short swords, the bloody duke loves them way too much. 

Cog’s Journal, 1st of Obsidian, 321

My concern about the level of booze in this fortress continues.  As of today we have fewer than 800 units of booze available.  That is the lowest level in over a decade, I consider over 2000 units to be a comfortable level but more is even better.  I’ve got the farmers working hard and I’ll be assigning the next child or two to come age to join them.  I’ve also got one dwarf with some passing skill as a herbalist picking over the plants in the first cave level. 

I was concerned we were cooking the drinks but it seems we just have a growing population that likes its booze.  And a shortage of plants, I guess we’ve been supplementing from the caravans a bit too much.  Gods help us if we run out, I hate drinking water. 

Cog’s Journal, 9th of Obsidian, 321

Construction on the West wall of the dining hall has begun.  I’ve ordered the first wall sections to be put in place.  It’ll take most of the next year to finish this up but the results will be glorious!

Events of the 12th of Obsidian, 321

Adker was wandering his way to the training grounds when he saw a Giant Eagle swooping in towards the fortress.  He took one, two and then three shots at the Eagle.  The Eagle retched a few times and then slammed into the ground, dead. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Events of the 13th of Obsidian, 321

Vabok Elbelavuz the Hauler was working outside the walls looking for some items to haul back to the fortress when she heard the war drums.  A goblin siege had come to Towersoared once again.  She was hurrying back, but before she could get there, a squad of goblins appeared between her and the fortress.  She turned and began to run.  A few moments later, she felt the pain of a Goblin Axe in her back.  She collapsed to the ground and a moment later, the goblin mercifully finished her off. 

Bennet was out in the lead as usual.  In fact, he was so far out ahead he didn’t realize that he was completely unsupported.  His entire focus was getting to Vabok before she was killed.  He dodged left and right avoiding the repeated strikes, occasionally bashing in heads.  He was completely surrounded.  Then he dodged into the moat.  Again. 

Fortunately, he felt at lot better when Rashem dodged in right behind him. 

Sturist was chopping heads and carving goblins with ease. The goblins couldn’t even touch him and he was hardly having to dodge. 

Garet the Master of Weapons was easily carving goblins apart with his sword.  Even though he was only an adequate fighter with the sword so far, his fighting skill was still more than sufficient to destroy the goblins.  And it was excellent training. 

Omen managed to get a bit of combat in during this siege.  He found himself face to face with a goblin bowman and stabbed it several times with his spear before it was killed by one of the other dwarves. 

Derm had absolutely no doubt that the last squad was his.  It had been far too many months since his last slaughter, especially after that miserable time during the last siege.  He wielded Duraduker Adol Rafum to great effect, mowing down half a dozen goblins in the last squad, breaking the siege. 

OOC: The bit with the Eagle was so random I just had to include it. 

@Thatdude: Done!

@Indricotherium:  You’re right back to work again!

@mcclay: Well there’s always the chopping goblins and kobolds.  At least when you aren’t in your room sleeping/giving prophecies! 

@highzealot: Done!  Based on our conversation I’ve picked out a dwarf for you.  Turns out I have a rusty half trained weaponsmith already! 

@Karakzon: How do you get them to dual wield?  Do you just assign them multiple items in the military screen.  I’ve got archery ranges but the marksdwarves never seem to use them.  I’m wondering if I’ve missed something or if there is a bug.

@automaton: I’ve also sent you a PM regarding some options.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 28, 2011, 02:43:18 pm »

you can test it out with my miner.

get two pickaxes that youve created. go to millatery and assign specific weapon, assing both picks to the individual. -this can be done with any weapon, but it must be a specificly chosen weapon, assigning just a weapon type ie: warhammer, makes them only pick up the top weapon type-
walla, you now have a miner/warrior who dual weilds. you can also assign 2 sheilds, but they can just be the normal sheilds instea dof having to select specifics.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 28, 2011, 04:20:39 pm »

I blame Lack of booze on the fact that I seem to have missed another siege. I demand a Lash that I might... Inspire the farmers. :D

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 29, 2011, 01:15:41 am »

feel free to have my dwarf say any fortress or plot related prophecies, i'm not that good with rhymes. ;D
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 29, 2011, 02:00:42 pm »

:)

Also, seems we'll need another engraved slab where that Hauler. Absolutely tragic that. First death to goblins in a while isn't it (unless I've completely missed that).

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 30, 2011, 07:20:17 am »

" the wall it's staring at me aaaaaarrrrrrrgh
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 30, 2011, 12:16:43 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 18th of Obsidian, 321

The memorial slabs for Vabok have been engraved and installed.  I’ve arranged for the outdoor one to be installed just inside our moat for security rather than outside where any wandering troll could just kick it over. 

Triaxx has demanded a lash in addition to his usual weapon.  I told him we have whips and scourges left but no lashes.  He’s welcome to grab one of either weapon if he likes.  I think he’s concerned about the booze levels plus the fact that he slept through two sieges.  I hope he doesn’t bother the farmers too much; they’re working as fast as they can.  I’ll be added more soon. 

Cog’s Journal, 20th of Obsidian, 321

The eldest son of Bennet approached me today interested in following in his father’s footsteps.  He’s had enough of working as a mason on the major projects around the fortress.  Apparently he’s interested in pioneering the shield as a weapon.  As such he has asked to be assigned two shields and no other weapons.  He’s also chosen his final name, he is now known as Muffintoast the Shielddwarf. 

On a separate but related note, Limul Asmellular Etomsolam the Hammerdwarf has decided to retire from the military.  She says she’s never been the same since she took that arrow in her stomach and lung.  She’ll be taking over Muffintoast’s place in the masonry crew. 

Cog’s Journal, 27th of Obsidian, 321

In amongst my usual preparations for tommorow’s party, I received a note from Syntic that he plans to take the entire next year off except for his duties as sheriff.  I guess he wants to expand his social skills. 

OOC: New Years update will be posted later today!   

@automaton: It turns out the eldest son of Bennet was available to join the military.  Bennet did some amazing fighting with shields in the past and was also nicknamed as Shorast the Unlucky in the distant past.  It seems very appropriate to have your dwarf as his son. 

@Karakzon: That works quite nicely. 

@Triaxx2: Done.  I assigned you an iron scourge since we have no lashes specifically.  Let me know if you want a whip instead.  I’ll have to save some when the next siege comes. 

@mcclay: I’ll keep that in mind! 

@Thatdude: Yeah, it’s been a while since a goblin has killed anyone. 

@Syntic: As discussed, I’ve put your dwarf into retirement for one year.  This is his relationship chart at the beginning of the exercise. 

longgonejohn

• Bay Watcher
  • This and that
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 30, 2011, 03:14:44 pm »

Ren took a deep breath and held it. slowly he pulled the trigger on his now familiar crossbow. With a loud snap the bow released its bolt screaming towards the distant target, slamming home just a fraction of an inch from dead center. He slowly exhaled and then let a sly grin form across his face. He was getting better at this... And an idea had just occurred to him...
    Standing up he went off in search of Cog with a plan.

O.O.C. Ren has noticed all of the cages filled with goblins and kobolds and was wondering if we could set up a live target room for the less talented archers to train with live bait? A small 5x5 room with a balcony that they could fire down from.
"Work, is the bane of the drinking class."
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 118