Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293658 times)

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2010, 09:37:57 pm »

ooc: I think I know why the Mooch was elected, and why he has so many kids... what else other than get to know dwarfs does he have to do?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2010, 09:59:24 pm »

Yeah. Probably legendary in social skills.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2010, 12:49:27 pm »

did i get dorfed? didnt see me on the relationship chart
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2010, 10:32:52 am »

Cog's Journal, 13th of Timber, 306

Erush Shorastothos is one of our Gem Cutters.  I've had her assigned to cutting the wide variety of gems that have been discovered in the mining sites for some projects.  Unfortunately, the constant work seems to have made her snap.  On her way back from picking up yet another gem for cutting she snapped, started babbling about the sheer potential of gems and dashed off to her workshop.  She grabbed a handful of different gems and got to work. 

Cog's Journal, 17th of Timber, 306 

That was fast considering the quality of the product: 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I expect she'll be able to cut our gem supply very rapidly now.  I'm going to have to make sure she leaves some raw just in case they're needed. 

Events of the 19th of Timber, 306 

Tulon Becorlikot was pretty one unhappy liaison.  Erush Ariden had managed to convince the king that she should be reassigned to the southern region due to increased complexities in negotiations with the humans.  Of course this meant that he was promoted to take care of the west, which pretty much meant spending most of the year traveling through goblin infested forests to Towersoared. 

He'd heard very little good about Towersoared from Erush.  Granted she was nothing but a complainer on the best of days.  Apparently the dwarves there were annoying and evasive to say the least.  Even worse, before he headed out, he was taken aside by one of the king's advisors and ordered to find out what Cog was up to.  In no uncertain terms, he was informed that Cog was a dangerous threat to the crown.  There was no doubt that there must be some sort of sedition going on here.  The subtle hint was that he would be watch very carefully after this visit. 

The merchants certainly had no issues with Towersoared, this was apparently the largest caravan they had brought here yet.  Apparently the trade goods here were top quality.  As he crossed the desert, a bright reflection caught his eyes.  What were they building over there?  Looking behind him, he saw the merchants detouring away from the normal path towards Towersoared.  Where were they going? 

As he continued to walk towards Towersoared, the sun vanished behind the hills.  A simple stone block wall stood in his way; obviously the dwarves of Towersoared had been working on their defenses.  The caravan driver must have noticed some sign that he had missed.  But behind the wall, there was a massive arch of green glass, quite close to the location of the pit of Towersoared. 

What was Cog up to here?  What kind of symbol of defiance was this wall intended to be?  He gritted his teeth and made his way inside to find out.   

Cog's Journal, 25th of Timber, 306 

ARGH!  Damn those goblins, damn them to hell!  Just as the merchants were about to cross through the gates, a goblin ambush popped up.  What's worse, they got off a lucky shot that severely wounded one of their pack animals.  The animal survived but fell unconscious right on the trigger for one of our cage traps!  So of course it captures the camel and the merchants just turned around and left.  Some stupid comment about union rules.

Rules, bah!  What kind of merchant hauls a king's ransom in goods across the desert only to turn around because one of their mules is trapped in a cage?  Apparently it's our fault the stupid animal fell unconscious on the trigger.  We can get the stupid creature out!  What a waste. 

And that shifty new Liaison, he's poking around asking all sorts of questions.  I really don't like this one.  Glad Mayor Amsel gets the fun with this one.  He should be able to keep this Tulon very busy in meetings so he's not getting underfoot in dangerous construction sites. 

What an awful day! 

(OOC): Lots of updates coming today.  I played a lot this weekend but my internet was down so I didn't get to post anything.  I'll post them through the day as I have time available. 

@breadbocks: That's pretty much what I was thinking for the technical side.  Just have to figure out how to fit it in with everything.  I've got a couple interesting ideas on how to do that. 

@Scaraban: You're in there; you just didn't request a nickname at the time so you might have missed him.  I've nicknamed your dwarf Scaraban in the document and in the game so he'll be easier for you to spot in the future.  Let me know if you want that changed! 

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2010, 12:41:23 pm »

:o oooooooooooooooooo :o thanks didnt think about that

EDIT: Pawn is my only friend...  :(  :-\
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:46:40 pm by Scaraban »

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2010, 12:56:09 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 16th of Moonstone 306

That slimy new liaison is finally gone.  Amsel got a great deal of amusement out of ignoring the liaison while he ate dinner, got a drink and had a nap.  It warms my heart to see a born bureaucrat seething like that!  Best part is, he’s obligated to deliver our requests to the merchants, who left almost 2 weeks ago by the way!  Bureaucrats like him are one of the reasons I left mountainhome. 

Cog’s Journal, 22nd of Opal 306

Another nightwing showed up today with little fanfare.  I called everyone inside and dispatched the military to deal with the beast.  Limul Asmellular the Hammerdwarf got his first kill on this beast.  He only has a couple of scrapes to show for it.  Nice to see that those beasts are such a minimal threat now. 

Cog’s Journal, 28th of Obsidian 306

As I prepare for the traditional new years party today I’ve been putting the finishing touches on the latest architectural drawings of the fortress.  We’re almost halfway done excavation for the dining hall and the entrance hall dome is only a few floors from completion.  Then I expect the hardest work yet will begin as we start to clear it out and get the decoration in place. 

Once again I have no new announcements this year.  Until one of our projects is finished I see no reason to worry about starting up another.  Now off to the party. 

OOC: @Scaraban: Actually you've got several other friends, they didn't make that list.  Pawn is the only claimed dwarf you are currently friends with though.  Hopefully for the next version of the list I'll have time to add all the other friends each claimed dwarf has.  Either that or I'll make a note of the count of additional friends not on the list. 

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2010, 01:55:04 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 21st of Slate 307

It’s been an incredibly quiet year so far.  I gave the miners a week off to relax before having them carve another floor of bedrooms.  It’ll be nice to get another group settled into their permanent housing.  They’ll be back to the dining hall and entrance dome pretty soon. 

We also had a new child born today to Edem Ducimkakdal and her husband who is a member of the Hammerdwarf squad.  Just to top things off, Rith Duraldomas our butcher started babbling about fallen civilizations and forgotten beasts and then charged out of the dining hall.  I’ve asked Derm the Soulchopper to follow her discretely. 

Cog’s Journal, 22nd of Slate 307

Apparently she headed straight to Martini’s workshop and threw him right out the door.  She might be inspired but I’m not sure that was appropriate.  She grabbed some marble and then headed off to other storage areas.  I’ve told Martini to take a break, with our butcher occupied the bone supply will dry up pretty fast anyhow.

Cog’s Journal, 3rd of Felsite 307

Well she made a very impressive marble puzzlebox:

So impressive in fact that I’m going to have her start producing stone crafts instead of butchering.  I’ll find someone else to work as a butcher instead. 

I wandered up into the dome once again today to examine some of the latest engravings.  Apparently Lorbam is rather impressed with his own work. 

Cog’s Journal, 29th of Felsite, 307

The Elven caravan is still here but we’ve finished all the trading necessary for this year.  The diplomat once again requested we keep down our tree cutting.  It won’t be an issue as long as the other two caravans bring as much wood for trade as the elves did.  We received 40 logs from the elves which is an incredible amount considering the source!  Plenty of other goods including lots of alcohol and huge baskets of berries for us to cook with and use for additional brewing.  Some dwarves may dislike the elves and dismiss them out of hand, but this particular group seems to know what dwarves like! 

Cog’s Journal, 17th of Hematite, 307

Apparently there’s been another election.  Asmel Loloroth has been replaced in favor of Minkot Voderith, our Legendary Blacksmith.  At least I got notified of this election so I can get his rooms ready rather than having him come charging into my office to yell at me for not taking care of something that I didn’t know needed to be done!  At least I managed to congratulate him right away! 

Not sure what a private dining room has to do with being mayor though.  By the way, we have so much space that I’m letting former mayors keep their offices and personal dining rooms. 

Cog’s Journal, 3rd of Galena, 307

A new month and a new possession.  Lorban Zonistam was heading out to work on one of the construction projects outside when he abruptly dropped his stone block and charged back inside.  She immediately commandeered a mason’s workshop.  I wonder what she’s going to make. 

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2010, 02:32:12 pm »

Events of the 18th of Galena, 307

Scaraban the mechanic was hard at work.  A goblin snatcher had been caught in one of the cage traps at the main entrance.  It wasn’t a perfect solution but it did provide some warning about goblin ambushes and such.  He was just finishing up loading the trap when he heard a loud crunching sound and then a curse.  He looked up to see a squad of  five goblins sneaking up on him! 

Like any smart dwarf, he turned and ran yelling “It’s an ambush!  Look out!” at the hauler who was just walking over to grab some trash that had been dropped.  Behind him he heard the sounds of cages snapping shut as three of the goblins were caught in the cage traps set by him and Pawn.  But that still left two.  He managed to keep ahead of the two remaining goblins long enough for the military to arrive . . .

Fikod Dodokalath was itching for a fight.  The last time she tangled with a goblin she was a half trained recruit.  It had earned her a gash in his arm that nearly cut right through the muscle to the bone.  She still bore the scar from that attack.  Just ahead of her, Shorast Isonerval the hammerdwarf ducked out the gate to take care of a snatcher that popped up right next to a hauler.  Scaraban came running past with two goblins hot on his heels.  She jumped right past the first goblin to the second one. 

The second goblin was surprised by her move and before it could react she had swung her axe right across its hips, sending the goblin collapsing to the ground.  She turned back to face the first goblin and charged.  The two collided stunning her briefly.  Then she parried the next several attacks from the goblin while her strikes bounced off the goblins iron armor. 

Finally she got a shot into the goblins chest, shattering a rib with a loud snap.  The goblin faltered for a moment and she swung the axe straight into the goblin’s stomach.  Blood began to gush from the wound and yet the goblin continued to fight back.  Finally with great violence, she sank her axe through the armor straight into the goblins heart.  With a wheeze of pain the goblin collapsed to the ground. 

She wiped her axe on the goblins cloak and looked up as the human caravan approached.  She looked over at Scaraban who was sitting on the sand resting for a moment.  “Good thing you scared those up.  I’d hate to have seen the look on Cog’s face if we’d missed the human traders this year.” 

(OOC): And we're caught up.  That's a pretty accurate summary of what happened in the combat report and from my observations after the ambush was announced!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2010, 02:34:43 pm »

:D

So, overall, how is the I who is not me doing? Skill set, kills, any relationships?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2010, 02:47:11 pm »

Beautiful. Like a well-oiled machine.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2010, 02:47:35 pm »

it's good to know that my dwarf has some concept of wat areas are safe (being intelligent enough to run inside) unlike so many dwarves throughout the ages of the multiverse

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2010, 02:50:55 pm »

My dwarf is smart too...

And seeing your sig reminds me that there is still no "w" in edit.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2010, 02:55:16 pm »

it was past 3 am when i first saw that and of course i had been up for over 24 hours so that struck me as ridiculously funny, and i have not seen anything that hilarious since

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2010, 02:56:25 pm »

(OOC): Let me know if you want to see your dwarves’ statistics like this at some point! 

@dermonster: Your dwarf is an absolute machine.  He has no relationships beyond passing acquaintances with anyone, probably because he’s constantly training, entirely by choice.  During his month off he’s in the barracks doing individual drills.  As a result, he’s pretty impressive: 

@Scaraban: I was very pleased by your dwarf's response.  Granted, running outside would have involved heading towards the goblins.  :)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2010, 03:05:20 pm »

@Scaraban: I was very pleased by your dwarf's response.  Granted, running outside would have involved heading towards the goblins.  :)
we both know that means nothing in a dwarfs mind
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 118