Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293225 times)

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1170 on: June 16, 2011, 01:08:45 pm »

what do you mean bby not wanting to solo it?

OOC: @kisame12794: You mean the beast in the second cave level?  Let's just say that bleeding to death within seconds of being engulfed by forgotten beast poison gas is not a pleasant or productive way to go.  Especially when you don't even live long enough to get a killing blow in. 

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 16, 2011, 01:57:35 pm »

Pour in magma. You'll encase it in an obsidian box with careful application and the we beastie'll have no where to go. Now the Marksdwarves can have target practice.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 16, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »

It's swimming, so we could just murder it with obsidian.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 16, 2011, 06:25:44 pm »

Dwarven Machinegun!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 17, 2011, 02:10:16 am »

Fuck the machine gun, just use some bombsidian.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 17, 2011, 06:24:15 am »

That's what it is. A 3x3 shaft, with a water and magma pump coming in from either side, creating an unsupported obsidian block in the middle.

Very nasty, very fast repeating.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 17, 2011, 10:30:55 am »

oh....
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 17, 2011, 10:40:51 am »

Girlinhat came up with it. I have yet to try it myself, but it's apparently obscenely destructive. And FPS hogging I assume.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 18, 2011, 10:17:09 am »

No, I mean magma bombing. It's in water, right?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 18, 2011, 06:14:15 pm »

It is, and so this would turn the trick. Then again, mining out and hatching over means we could hit it with tons of obsidian at once. :D

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 20, 2011, 12:46:26 pm »

Events of the 15th of Timber, 321

Garet had easily heard the orders shouted by Derm as they exited the military tower.  Derm’s squad was going right and the other squad would go left.  Kill everything you come across until we meet in the hills behind the fortress. 

Garet was quite surprised when he realized he was out in front and surrounded by kobolds.  He gripped the sword he had only been issued a few days before and began swinging.  Even with his lack of skill wielding a sword, he could leverage his training as a marksdwarf and a fighter.  He felt a sharp burst of pain in his arm as kobold spear grazed his arm but he ignored it.  He quickly gripped the sword and continued swinging without hesitation or restraint.  Several kobolds fell to his sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As the last kobold fell and he caught his breath and looked at his arm.  The scratch was already clotting over.  He could continue the fight with his squad after all. 

Bennet bashed kobold after kobold to pieces with his hammer.  The idiotic creatures didn’t stand a chance against the mass of his war hammer.  Shattering bones and crushing skulls was childs play for him now.  Trolls were next.  Sturist had a head start, but the fastest dwarf alive would catch up soon enough.

Sturist was having a shredding trolls and kobolds.  The fight was going very nicely indeed as he chopped kobolds and Trolls with equal enthusiasm. 

Cog’s Journal, 16th of Timber, 321

Other than a few dwarves falling into the moat and one broken arm the siege went extremely well.  Even so, I don’t think we’re going to see any caravan this year.  According to Derm, a lot of the enemies started running as soon as they saw him coming.  That plus a couple of unfortunate encounters with the moat led to the low results today. 

Military Notable Kills (Before)

Derm, Soulchopper - 1
Rifotangir, Hammerdwarf - 4
Bennet, Hammerdwarf – 2
Garet, Master of Weapons – 9
Sturist, Axedwarf – 7
Rashem, Heron-Marked – 9
Lars, Sworddwarf – 3

Cog’s Journal, 17th of Timber, 321

We’re still recovering from the siege but I had a visit from one of our engravers today.  He’s interested in expanding his horizons and wants to work with horn or possibly even bees.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bee in this area so that probably won’t be possible but I’m sure I can fine something for him to do with horn.  Balta the Engraver is his name. 

Spoiler: Balta the Engraver (click to show/hide)

OOC:  The siege played out very strangely.  More dwarves took a dive into the moat than I’ve ever seen before.  I wish there was more to say about this siege but nothing went right for some reason.  I didn’t write up those details because I’m running short on time as it is. Suffice to say, no claimed dwarves were injured today!

@Paaaad: Your dwarf is above.  He’s already a legendary engraver.  I’ve assigned him to bonecarving and beekeeping (on the offhanded chance I figure out how to introduce bees into an existing world). 

@dragonshardz:  That’s a possibility. 

@Urist Imiknorris: I’m leaning towards magma or a cave in.  Either way, it’s pretty much unkillable with bolts.

@Triaxx2: Interesting idea . . .  I might have to use that. 

@kisame12794: Yeah, fraid so.  Even an entire squad would be cut down by a single burst from this monster. 

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 20, 2011, 12:49:41 pm »

Awww... They run from me, and I don't get my choppings ;.;
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 20, 2011, 12:50:52 pm »

Towersoared's military: Tireless professionals dedicated to the endless task of thinning the herd. Survival of the fittest and all that, and you'e got to be pretty fit to outrun Derm now that his armor weighs practically nothing.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 20, 2011, 12:58:13 pm »

I trained them well!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 20, 2011, 01:20:24 pm »

What's this Atoltan Sumun Tastrod? It looks to be how I became a legendary engraver.

And speeking of "Boundless creative Imiganition", I have (Another) Idea. This one's for farming. And I'm just talking about the fields BTW.

Farming Complex Idea:
•   Step One: Dig out entire Z-Level, leaving only stairs and the walls around them behind.
•   (Optional) Step Two: Smooth everything
•   Step Three: Irrigate and Drain.
•   Step Four: Set up farm plots and start using it.
•   Step Five: Wait
•   Step Six: Sell surplus for profit.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 118