Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 293227 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #1155 on: June 12, 2011, 12:55:30 am »

Running full speed, across an open plain, firing a bolt a second, is dwarven sneaking.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 12, 2011, 06:05:35 am »

No, no. Hunting dwarves teleport, Looney Tunes style, from bush to bush and shoot while hiding behind them.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 13, 2011, 11:55:38 am »

Indri's Journal:

I heard that another dwarf got killed in the caverns. They say it was a troll, a strangler troll! It got away too. So, a smart strangler troll to know to not wait around for our soldiers to catch it. I wonder why they were down there, they say it was one of the jewelers. Maybe they were scouting for gems in the walls, I see some when I'm down there but I don't know what's a good gem and what's a worthless one. Not like webs. When it comes to webs, I know what's good.

I guess I need to be a bit more careful down there until Derm or Thatdude or someone catches up with it.

I also found a paper with some sort of list written on it blowing down the hall. I really couldn't make it out, the runes are almost illegible. I gave it to a kid passing by and asked them to take it to the Records Keeper, maybe they can make sense of it.
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 13, 2011, 10:06:42 pm »

Journal of Triaxx:

Trolls don't use crossbows. I should be able to kill it without a problem. Now for some Ninja Dwarf Stealthiness! *clatter* *crash* *bang* *thud*

Damn, next time, get out of bed before attempting Ninja Dwarf Stealthiness. I need a drink.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 14, 2011, 02:04:56 pm »

Cog's Journal, 1st of Sandstone, 321

We all looked on in quite awe when Tosid Litastkivish brough his artifact creation into the dining hall.  A beautiful marble bed, studded with spikes.  Easily worth 50,000 urists.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is an amazing creation but there is no way I'm sleeping in it!  If we ever get invaded by the king, he can have it, spikes and all. 

Cog's Journal, 10th of Sandstone, 321

The second training hall in the new military tower was commissioned today.  It'll be nice to finally have our soldiers out of old Towersoared.  We're just about to clear the obsidian factory again but right on schedule the next factory floor is ready to go.  We'll do some cobaltite block production while the miners work. 

Events of the 18th of Sandstone, 321

Thatdude was grinding her teeth with frustration.  She had unloaded another quiver into the beast and was getting started on her fourth.  She watched as the beast simply sat there like a lump, completely ignoring her as she added more to the pincushion bolt fur coating its salt body.

Suddenly as she notched another bolt, the beast slumped into the lake.  Had she killed it?  It looked dead but she hadn't gotten any particular shot in.  Then it rolled over.  She sighed in frustration.  Apparently her last bolt had broken its leg.  She fired a couple more shots and then wandered back up to the fortress to get more ammunition.  This thing would die if it was the last thing she did.  At least it was going to hold still now, the way it was writhing around looked pretty painful. 

Cog's Journal, 1st of Sandstone, 321

The third barracks room has been commissioned even though it isn't 100% complete yet.  But this means that all three of our primary melee squads now have a home in the military tower.  The next floor will be dedicated for the marksdwarf squads. 

OOC: This year is dragging onwards, slowly but surely.  That stupid beast in the second cave level just won't die!  Oh and by the way, you don't want to face it in single combat unless you are suicidal.  Trust me on that one. 

@breadbocks: Sure, no problem:

Spoiler: The state of Martini (click to show/hide)

You've still been finding lots of leisure time from the looks of things.  I've had you smoothing the walls to make the area look nicer. 

@Syntic: Consider it done.  I'll be interested to find out as well.  I'll post a relationship list in the first update after the New Year. 

@Scaraban: That sounds about right from what I've seen.

@Triaxx2: Heh. 

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 14, 2011, 02:54:27 pm »

We are so committed to the secrecy of project control, we're not even friends.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 14, 2011, 03:27:30 pm »

Dwarf me as Balta, Sworddwarf/Beekeeper. (Hornworker will work if Beekeeper is not possible.)

I also have an idea:

A Pantheon Temple and Artifact Vault:

*Temple:
          *Fully engraved by legendary engravers.
          *Adamentine block retracting bridge(s) for sacrifices.
          *Thrones for each God Worshiped at Towersored.
                 *Masterwork Adamentine.
                 *Armok's throne should be the Artifact Gem throne.
                 *Neiches or elevated platform?
                         *If platform, all in a row, or with Armok's throne in front?
    *Vault:
          *In rear of temple.
          *Should also be fully engraved by legendary engravers.
          *Used to store all non-equipible/buildable artifacts.
    *Detication/Other:
          *Both areas should have their own quadruple lever controlled doors.
          *All magma safe components, masterwork if possible.
          *Detication should be with captured Goblin-Kobold seige, prefrebley with the entire population of the fort in attendence.
          *Both the Temple and the vault should as close to the magma sea as possible.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 14, 2011, 05:40:38 pm »

Hehe. Me and Scaraban barely even know eachother after all that?

Speaking of which, how is the sekret control room going?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 14, 2011, 07:57:08 pm »

Shh... it's a secret to everyone. (Except those who know)

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 15, 2011, 12:07:43 pm »

Indri's Journal:

I saw ThatDude just now. She told me she was going to kill that beast in the second cavern layer if it took every bolt in the fortress to do it, every bolt in existence to do. Even if by the end of it, it was a bolt-beast rather than a salt-beast. Even if she had to learn to mine and bring down the entire mountain on top of it and us all to kill it. I told her I really appreciated what she was doing for our access to the second caverns awesome silk supplies and that I had every confidence in her eventually getting the shot she needed.

I sure hope she gets that shot in. If I see her trade her crossbow in for a pick anytime soon I'm going to ask Cog for a transfer to the surface.
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 15, 2011, 03:08:26 pm »

if it isent moving at all, could build a cave in trap specaly for it.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 15, 2011, 04:17:37 pm »

If it isn't moving you could build a room around it and have a fancy exicution chamber

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 16, 2011, 10:56:48 am »

Cog’s Journal, 7th of Timber, 321

Urist Imiknorris unexpectedly gave birth to a girl today!  There have been far fewer births this year than in previous ones but it’s always nice to see a new dwarf join our ranks. 

Cog’s Journal, 13th of Timber, 321

It warms my heart to see so many dwarves in the military tower now.  It is so long overdue I almost feel guilty.  Here are a couple sketchs of the military at work in training. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I’ve promised the marksdwarves again and again that they are next on the priority list. 

Cog’s Journal, 14th of Timber, 321

DAMN!  Bloody sieges.  Get out there are make mincemeat out of the goblins NOW!  No fancy squad splitting, nothing.  Get them out of here!

AND KILL THOSE FRIGGING KOBOLDS WHILE YOU’RE AT IT!!!!

OOC: Short update today due to a short game time.  I’ll save the siege for next time.  It's ill timed since it means we probably won't get a dwarf caravan again this year.  I may have to revise my dining hall window design. 

@Scaraban: Yeah, it’s pretty funny.

@Paaad: I’ve sent you a PM regarding the dwarf choice.  There are some options.  I like the project ideas although the adamantine components are pretty unlikely simply due to the fact that I don’t even have the military fully geared yet.  Until that happens, other adamantine projects are simply out of the question.  Cog will have a response once your dwarf has been assigned.

@breadbocks: The control room is coming along nicely.  While you don’t have full control over the entire fortress, you do have priority over all of the primary switches.

@Indricotherium: At least I’m keeping you busy on the first cave level.  Not quite as high a quality but it’s good material none the less. 

@Karakzon: I’m beginning to lean that way.  This beastie is practically indestructible. 

@Syntic: Hmmmm, that’s also an interesting thought.  Forgotten beast in a box.  Could be fun.  Only problem is that it’s under the lake right now. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:03:01 pm by Battlecat »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 16, 2011, 11:37:29 am »

Only problem is that it’s under the lake right now.

So make cofferdams until you can reach the bottom.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 16, 2011, 12:52:05 pm »

what do you mean bby not wanting to solo it?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 118