Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The laziest noble  (Read 1795 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: The laziest noble
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 05:57:25 am »

Are you sure he's "coated" in sand and stone? He's been sedentary for such a long time, and been feeding for so long... I suspect that he's not covered in filth.

That's a cocoon. He's on the point of ascension. Your fort will witness the birth of a new god.

Or possibly he's really just quite dirty.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 07:14:27 am »

It's obvious - he's starting to fossilize!

He sounds absolutely brilliant to me.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 08:21:08 am »

Looks like he was doing some crazy stuff while you weren't looking (or when he wasn't eating and drinking)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 08:21:32 am »

Or, he was just rolling around in the muck. I wouldn't put it past him.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 11:09:44 am »

All of the other dwarves are completely clean, but not the baron. And he's still on break. Apparently he considers bathing to be work, and thus is refusing to do that during his extended vacation. Its baffling.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 11:43:55 am »

Obviously, what you need to do is route a river through his bedroom.  He'll get the grime washed off by his own private waterfall, gain skill levels in swimming, and gain happy thoughts from the mist.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 12:23:34 pm »

So your Baron has poor personal hygiene and he likes to hang out in his bedroom and admire his balls?

Are you sure he's not a 13-year old boy?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:03:54 pm by caknuck »
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 04:42:13 pm »

I would get save and sent it on mantis with description of problem. This look like some obscure bug.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 05:08:08 pm »

Its such a minor bug that I'm not sure its worth bothering Toady about. He has plenty of other more severe bugs to worry about. Its definitely amusing though it may be the indended behavior of nobles. Still, the noble usually has "noble" as his job if he's not meeting someone, eating, boozing, or sleeping. My baron behaves exactly the same way except that instead of "noble" as his job it says "on break."

I do recall my baron in other forts being able to perform other noble jobs, like manager and bookkeeper while being the baron. It may be linked in some way to the forgotten beast that was the liaison. It was trying to attend a meeting with the baron, but I trapped it and killed it with a cave-in before it could get that far into the fortress. Thats when I noticed the problem.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 07:17:31 pm »

It may be a minor bug in this case, but it could prove to be a major bug in the future. If you're running a hermit fort, for example, and your dorf get trapped on break, it would be disastrous.

By the way, has anybody tried a major hermit fort yet? I might do it, after my current project.

Dungeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 08:22:20 pm »

Hmm...perhaps he's trying to mutate into a Mudman, but he's too dwarfy and refuses to be moistened by water. Thus, he uses booze for his base.

Becoming one with the earth has appearently been taken too litterly by that Baron.
I support the eating of Goblins to handle Dwarf food issues. Om nom nom nom, Goblin burgers.
Pages: 1 [2]