Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I make stuff with ice?  (Read 609 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I make stuff with ice?
« on: July 05, 2010, 03:50:07 am »

Sorry for clogging the forum with topics. There should be a useful little questions thread here for modding.
But, yeah, title. I've embarked onto a glacier, and there's no rock or anything anywhere. I was just wandering if it was possible to make stuff like chairs or tables out of ice.

konjad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I make stuff with ice?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 06:25:42 am »

Are you sure Dwarves are gonna be okay after sleeping on icy bed, sitting on icy chair and working in icy tunnels?

cameron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 08:09:20 am »

You dont, you can build walls and stuff out of it like normal but in 40d at least you cant make anything else out of it. and the dwarfs will be fine, just watch for frostbite occasionally if some of them stay outside for a while.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 10:12:28 pm »

Well technically it is possible to build them out of ice, the problem is just that the dwarves will heat up the ice enough that it will melt before the object can be made. In a really cold area it would be possible though.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.