Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50

Author Topic: 3Dwarf Visualizer - a tool to view maps in 3D  (Read 249411 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: 3Dwarf Visualizer - a tool to view maps in 3D
« Reply #630 on: April 06, 2009, 04:28:46 pm »

I'll have my project out... it's in the beginning and is taking a lot longer than I would've thought, but I think people will get a kick out of it! Quick question though... Visible cliff walkways or hidden ones?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 06, 2009, 10:21:15 pm »

I'll have my project out... it's in the beginning and is taking a lot longer than I would've thought

same. but it will be EPIC.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 07, 2009, 11:07:41 am »

When building a fort for 3dwarf, please try and include supports. RE: your stadium; desperately needs some support columns.

I don't really know what you mean

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #633 on: April 07, 2009, 11:58:49 am »

Supports aren't necessary... but it adds to the illusion of an arena from like the one in Rome.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 07, 2009, 12:00:24 pm »

hey, this version of 3dwarf works with 40d, right? But is there actually ANYTHING wrong with playing in 40d11, copying the save folder to 40d, loading it up, and taking pictures from there?

Coaldiamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 07, 2009, 01:06:25 pm »

hey, this version of 3dwarf works with 40d, right? But is there actually ANYTHING wrong with playing in 40d11, copying the save folder to 40d, loading it up, and taking pictures from there?

That should work fine. I know that it worked without problems when going from 40d9 back into 40d.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 08, 2009, 11:25:55 am »

There aren't any problems with moving a save from 40d11 to 40d.  These pics came from just such a fort.

These aren't particularly spectacular.  But it's my first full 200 resident fortress.  Now that I have a computer that can handle such numbers with greater than 5 FPS.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: The goblins must have taken offence at that "no enemy force has made it within 10 tiles" comment.  Because a month after the post I got a massive goblin seige numbering more than 100.  They devastated the military and actually got into the fortress before the (also legendary)fortress guard finished the military's job and broke the siege.
Lost 3/4ths of the melee military including 2 of the 4 champion swordsmen, 1/2 the crossbow unit and 3 out of 15 fortress guards.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:44:33 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 08, 2009, 02:15:28 pm »

Every time I try to run my fort, the bottom bar gets halfway done, then the screen turns black and closes. Am I doing something wrong?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 08, 2009, 03:56:56 pm »

I would try going to prog/config.txt and turning compatibility mode on if it isn't already.  Other than that you would need somebody who knows more about 3Dwarf than me.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 08, 2009, 06:21:10 pm »

Yup. That worked, thank you.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 17, 2009, 09:27:00 pm »

The colossal dragon that guards the residence hall courtyard in my current fort.

I'll be adding in an artisian magma fountain spewing out of the dragon's mouth, as well as a series of waterfalls surrounding it.  Probably put a platinum statue of a dwarf fighting it.

Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

evktalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 18, 2009, 02:38:55 am »

These aren't particularly spectacular.

Greiger, you're too modest. The pics are gorgeous. Especially the view from the bottom of the mountain.

--Eino

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 01, 2009, 06:17:37 am »

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but can the visualizer work on features that are strictly underground?
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Underground features
« Reply #643 on: May 01, 2009, 08:41:16 am »

Yes, it can.  As long as they're somehow connected to the rest of your fort, they'll show up on the visualizer.  It may be difficult to get a good angle to show them from, but the camera doesn't mind being buried in a few hundred feet of rock, it works regardless.

I believe there's an option to show completely hidden features (such as an underground river that you haven't breached yet) but I have never gotten that to work.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 01, 2009, 08:51:59 am »

I believe there's an option to show completely hidden features (such as an underground river that you haven't breached yet) but I have never gotten that to work.

You have to at least once have placed a designation spanning the entire bottom level, to force the game to allocate memory for the whole map.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50