Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 50

Author Topic: 3Dwarf Visualizer - a tool to view maps in 3D  (Read 249343 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: 3Dwarf Visualizer - a tool to view maps in 3D
« Reply #450 on: September 07, 2008, 09:23:29 pm »

Incidentally this is broken by 40d.
Not that anything significant changed, just that there's no repository file to deal with it, so it errors out.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 08, 2008, 03:05:47 am »

Same obviously goes for Tweak.

Seems like the changes from 40c to 40d were no small changes concerning the way, the DF data are kept in memory

Mithaldu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 08, 2008, 09:55:08 am »

Patience, grasshoppers, Jifodus needs to update his site with each version and he doesn't live on the forums. ;)

Incidentally, Jifodus, when you read this, please rename the 40d file to include the .core. again. :)

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #453 on: September 08, 2008, 10:25:02 am »

Incidentally, Jifodus, when you read this, please rename the 40d file to include the .core. again. :)
Oops. :P I'd forgotten when I uploaded it last night... I typed in the name manually instead of my normal copy & paste.

And yeah, I don't live on the forums. ;) Also, I usually don't notice a new version until a post like jaybud4's shows up. I'm also usually here for most of the day, however, school has started up again and I've started getting a bit distracted.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 26, 2008, 09:14:04 am »

Wait, does this work in 40c now? I downloaded it a little bit ago and it only had versions listed up to 38c still.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 26, 2008, 09:24:42 am »

Yes, it does.  I'm still running 40c, and 3Dwarf works fine in it.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 27, 2008, 10:17:03 am »

Sweet

I have a fort I really want to look at
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2008, 04:24:26 pm »

hey, its really nice tool, but its a bit bad it dont use the real color for stairs, walls and floors

also windows/windmills/exels/gears are completly missing, would be really nie to add this

User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 29, 2008, 04:44:33 pm »

hey, its really nice tool, but its a bit bad it dont use the real color for stairs, walls and floors

also windows/windmills/exels/gears are completly missing, would be really nie to add this

Reply #456 on: September 27, 2008, 10:17:03 AM
Reply #457 on: Today at 04:24:26 PM
Today = October 29, 2008

See the problem?

Anyway, I believe they're working on a new, realtime version with a completely different name?
I was told that, anyway.
Somebody feel free to tell me my informant was lying.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 04:46:33 pm by jaybud4 »

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 29, 2008, 05:50:34 pm »

They are indeed working on a new realtime project, though I do hope they will eventually go back and add in some of the textures they have come up with into this standalone version. As much as viewing Dwarf Fortress in real time is mind blowingly awesome, there are times when i just want to fly around with no framerate drop in this version.
Also, I would cut some slack with the bumping - this is one of my favorite threads, getting to see the architecture everyone else has come up with is inspiring to say the least. I'd rather have it remain condensed in one or a few threads than spread out into a ton of different ones whenever the old one hasn't been replied to for a week.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 29, 2008, 08:46:11 pm »

Cut some slack?  I believe that's the OPPOSITE of what the rest of that post made me believe you wanted.
Cut some slack = Relax/Don't do it
You WANT us to bump this one so that others won't post a dozen threads with their stuff, right?

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 29, 2008, 09:42:57 pm »

I think Z-levels should be taller than tiles are wide.

Think of the space that a bed takes up vs the space between two floors of a building (yes, dwarves are shorter than humans, but still)

I think that floors should be 20% of the width of a tile thick, and that the open space between a floor and ceiling should be 130%, for a total of 150%

--

NEvermind, I see this has apparently been changed since the earlier pics I was looking at.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:05:50 pm by Random832 »

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 30, 2008, 06:24:43 am »

Cut some slack?  I believe that's the OPPOSITE of what the rest of that post made me believe you wanted.
Cut some slack = Relax/Don't do it
You WANT us to bump this one so that others won't post a dozen threads with their stuff, right?

Well, as far as semantics go, I was merely writing shorthand.
As in, not "cut some slack with the bumping action"
but
"cut some slack with the bumping issue"

In my experience, simply stating it as I did is perfectly acceptable colloquially, but maybe that just means I need to get out of (literally) the dumbest state of the union.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 30, 2008, 04:12:47 pm »

Cut some slack with the bumping - Just that, as you used it, is assumed to mean that first sentence you said.

What I would have said is "Don't get angry over the bumping..." or something similar.
Something that makes it blatantly obvious.
Tone of voice is something that determines what people interpret your sentences as.
Obviously, since there IS no tone of voice in text, you need to say what you mean and mean what you say.
(Especially when at least a third of the people reading it don't even know what colloquy is...)

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 01, 2008, 09:02:01 am »

In my defense, I have never heard of someone using 'cut some slack with X" in any context except in regards to someone else's criticism, so I hadn't expected there to be any other possible way to interpret it. Poorly written though? Sure, that much is agreed on.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 50