Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 50

Author Topic: 3Dwarf Visualizer - a tool to view maps in 3D  (Read 249399 times)

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
Re: 3Dwarf Visualizer - a tool to view maps in 3D
« Reply #315 on: April 15, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »

quote:
Use of uninitialized value in array element at map_extract.pl line 175.
Map data is not yet available, make sure you have a game loaded. at map_extract.
pl line 176
       main::loadmap() called at map_extract.pl line 158

ATTENTION:  If you are getting this error, then the solution is to create a directory named "lite" (no quotes) inside the 3dwarf prog folder.

If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2008, 06:24:00 am »

OK I want to show one of my works too.
it was while ago though.
A ship which I wanted to turn into community fort after reading the awesome pirate story, but haven't got a time for it.

It is here.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 17, 2008, 07:26:00 am »

Wow awesome ship ! I wish you could do a naval battle with Valcon's pirate ship   :D

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 18, 2008, 07:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keldor:
<STRONG>

ATTENTION:  If you are getting this error, then the solution is to create a directory named "lite" (no quotes) inside the 3dwarf prog folder.</STRONG>

Negative on that.  There was already a lite folder in the 3Dwarf_04b\prog folder, I created one in the 3Dwarf_04b\ folder and it still gives me the error.  Line 176 errors when line 175 cannot assign/read from the memory offset for the map data: $map_base = $proc->get_u32( $offsets[$ver]{map_loc} );
So, either I have something installed the randomizes memory (doubt it) or the locations are not right for my version of the game (38b).  Checking the python file I noticed on line 93 there are two version 38a memory locations.  Not knowing which was supposed to be for 38b and assuming it was a clerical error, or there are different "PE" locations for that version.  There was no appropriate 38b version in the map_extract and this is why I'm guessing it fails.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Razordw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 18, 2008, 09:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Andir:
<STRONG>
Negative on that.  There was already a lite folder in the 3Dwarf_04b\prog folder, I created one in the 3Dwarf_04b\ folder and it still gives me the error.  Line 176 errors when line 175 cannot assign/read from the memory offset for the map data: $map_base = $proc->get_u32( $offsets[$ver]{map_loc} );
So, either I have something installed the randomizes memory (doubt it) or the locations are not right for my version of the game (38b).  Checking the python file I noticed on line 93 there are two version 38a memory locations.  Not knowing which was supposed to be for 38b and assuming it was a clerical error, or there are different "PE" locations for that version.  There was no appropriate 38b version in the map_extract and this is why I'm guessing it fails.</STRONG>

I think the error message is the same one I got when I first tried to run the map extract, as I'm still playing on 38b as well. If so then the info below from falsedan earlier in this thread should be all you need to correct it.

quote:
Originally posted by falsedan:
<STRONG>map_extract doesn't have the numbers for v0.27.176.38b, but it turns out that that's exactly what the Mike Mayday edition is using. So the magic numbers are:

code:
    {
       version => "v0.27.176.38b",
       PE => 0x47C12F36,
       map_loc => 0x014A50A4,
       x_count => 0x014A50BC,
       y_count => 0x014A50C0,
       z_count => 0x014A50C4,
      pe_timestamp_offset => 0x00400100
   },

as I originally posted (except with the right version number this time   :o)</STRONG>

Salutes,
Razordw

Mithaldu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 19, 2008, 08:53:00 am »

i'm still around, just way too fucking busy to do anything with this. i have however gained a few skills in the meantime that'll help this project and will be applying them once my time availability rises, which should be happening shortly.

small note to andir: map_extract is perl.  ;)

xzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2008, 11:14:00 am »

After a month or so of play, my undercity is finally complete.

Starting outside, it don't look like much. Typical moat around a fortress entrance:

Peel away about 10 layers of dirt with the slice option, and you will find this:

The tallest buildings are three stories, with an additional z-level used for the roof. Dug out a total of 5 z-levels, in an area about 100 tiles wide by 50 tiles tall.. almost 25,000 stones were excavated and disposed of.
http://xzzy.org/files/games/dwarfort/Inethgongith/inside2.jpg
http://xzzy.org/files/games/dwarfort/Inethgongith/glamshot1.jpg
http://xzzy.org/files/games/dwarfort/Inethgongith/glamshot2.jpg

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2008, 11:16:00 am »

Phew. Finally ready!

May I present "The contradiction in terms", a 30 story dwarf.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2008, 11:34:00 am »

Very impressive! It must have been tought to build that axe so far from the body...

[ April 21, 2008: Message edited by: Drakale ]

dyze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2008, 11:49:00 am »

damn! ..do you actually build these in game, or help taken from hacks/tools?  :)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 21, 2008, 06:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by kaypy:
<STRONG>Phew. Finally ready!

May I present "The contradiction in terms", a 30 story dwarf.

</STRONG>

Impressive!! I love the architecture minded players like myself!  I have something cool to share but it will have to wait till the 1st round of the tournament is over.

I love the axe!  Mine was a single bladed and I respect your abilities and patience greatly!  Good job on the face my friend!

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 21, 2008, 07:54:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dyze:
<STRONG>damn! ..do you actually build these in game, or help taken from hacks/tools?   :)</STRONG>

If anything the opposite: (a) I lost about a weekends work to save file corruption, and (b) due to some pathological packrat gaming tendencies, I built the entire thing out of green glass rather than "waste" stone...

I do make use of Dwarf Companion, but thats for the information lists, rather than any game world editing.

This was actually done by (a) a sketch on paper to get proportions, (b) a 3d mockup in SketchUp (I nearly went across town to demand my brothers Lego in the name of Dwarven Progress, but SketchUp worked rather well once I got the hang of it) and (c) lots of stair/bridge scaffolding. The plinth at the bottom was built last, in order to reuse the scaffolding material...

Oh, and I had some practice- that fortified structure you can see in the background (the one with the 'spikes' on top) is mostly 2 levels off the ground (and again, built out of glass)

quote:
Originally posted by dyze:
<STRONG>Very impressive! It must have been tought to build that axe so far from the body...</STRONG>

Thanks. Actually, the axe wasnt so bad. That shield arm only connects to the body at the shoulder...

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 21, 2008, 08:44:00 pm »

Dudes you can play with virtua legos!!!  I posted this before but no one was really interested, i dont know why, perhaps there just arent alot of players interested in this form of construction.

Well here it is hopefully you can enjoy it as much as me.
http://ldd.lego.com/

Cheggit out!

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 21, 2008, 08:57:00 pm »

I kinda thought that undercity was kinda cool myself. I can't even imagine the slowdown all that loose stone lying around would cause.  

Though the contradiction of terms is cool too.  I would probably get to the top of the boots, then I would give up and say it was always supposed to be a pair of boots, yea thats it.  I was just making a pair of boots...

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Coke_Can64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 24, 2008, 08:35:00 am »

One really long string of words about that axe dwarf:

May Armok bless thee, all thy children and anyone else able to make SUCH A FREAKING COOL GIANT STATUE! ITS LIKE THE STATUE OF LIBERTY, ONLY NOT BORING! ZOMFG!

... and now back to your normal program.

[edit: Damn, should remember Armok not Aromk...]

[ April 24, 2008: Message edited by: Coke_Can64 ]

I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF ME DRILLING HOLES IN ELVES
+Population Myminicity
+Tra Myminicity
+Ind Myminicity
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 50