Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50

Author Topic: 3Dwarf Visualizer - a tool to view maps in 3D  (Read 249423 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: 3Dwarf Visualizer - a tool to view maps in 3D
« Reply #300 on: March 30, 2008, 09:34:00 pm »

Randomly started working for me.
My WIP: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/jaybud4/Gunlelolitower2story.jpg  (Linked because it's not the most recent shot)
Two stories currently.
The "tower" Gunlilolil, aka "Rapevalley".
Ironic, there's no valley in the entire map.
I use www.photobucket.com  for my photos, they're pretty good about leaving stuff up, and I've never hit the bandwidth cap.
EDIT: Three more stories in less then an hour, which is about an 8th of a year, or a little over a month and a week (or so).  Nice job, dwarves!  Up to 5 stories now.

[ March 30, 2008: Message edited by: jaybud4 ]

Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Crafty Barnardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 03, 2008, 12:20:00 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... Mount Dwarfmore

It didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted, but it took a really long time.

[ April 03, 2008: Message edited by: Crafty Barnardo ]

Crafty Barnardo cancels task:  distracted by shiny object

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 03, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by puke:
<STRONG>im getting the same thing:
code:
We seem to be using: DF v0.27.176.38c
If this is correct, press enter. If not, please CTRL+C now and contact Xenofur/M
ithaldu, as you might risk disastrous and hilarious results.

Processing map data.
Loading map data.
Map data is not yet available, make sure you have a game loaded. at map_extract.
pl line 176
       main::loadmap() called at map_extract.pl line 158
Press any key to continue . . .

running vista.  tried moving DF to c:\DF as advised above, no change.  tried with no other programs open, no change.</STRONG>

the program seems to work as long as DF and the 3d visualizer are the first programs i load after booting up.  otherwise i guess the memory addresses are not what they are expected to be...

also, nice dwarfmountain.  he looks hollow, is he?  is your fort actually inside that thing, or is it just a giant sculpture?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2008, 01:57:00 pm »

...WOW...

That IS impressive...i was gunna post my elevated highway designed to protect caravans from ocean waves but...how can I come after that?

Thats just beautiful dude...*sniff*

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Crafty Barnardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 03, 2008, 03:12:00 pm »

It is hollow, but the fort isn't actually inside it.  It was carved out of the cliffside rather than constructed walls (except for the crown and few holes that had to be filled in).  In retrospect I think it might have been easier to just build it out of walls.
Crafty Barnardo cancels task:  distracted by shiny object

sinoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sinoth.net
« Reply #305 on: April 03, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

That's absolutely amazing   :eek:

I think carving that out of the mountain was a smart move.  Building it with walls would have required insane amounts of scaffolding and flooring.

[i do not regret]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 03, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »

BTW, is there any way to make the cells display as cubes instead of being stretched upwards?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #307 on: April 03, 2008, 04:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>BTW, is there any way to make the cells display as cubes instead of being stretched upwards?</STRONG>

Edit config.txt and change the HEIGHTSCALE value to "1.0".
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 09, 2008, 06:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by puke:
<STRONG>

the program seems to work as long as DF and the 3d visualizer are the first programs i load after booting up.  otherwise i guess the memory addresses are not what they are expected to be...</STRONG>

Even on a fresh reboot it's not working for me, I have 38b (I think) using MikeMayday's Tiles.

code:
Processing map data.
Loading map data.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at map_extract.pl line 175.
Map data is not yet available, make sure you have a game loaded. at map_extract.
pl line 176
       main::loadmap() called at map_extract.pl line 158

[ April 09, 2008: Message edited by: Andir ]

"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 09, 2008, 10:00:00 pm »

Sinoth,

Another big "thank you!" for this amazing viewer.  It really showcases architeturally interesting forts (like Mount Dwarfmore) in a way pictures from the game itself do not.  The best argument for a graphical interface yet!

Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

MadKap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2008, 03:51:00 am »

I just used the viewer for the first time and it is sweet!

Are there plans for allowing buildings to show up like waterwheels and workshops?

sinoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sinoth.net
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2008, 06:58:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by MadKap:
<STRONG>Are there plans for allowing buildings to show up like waterwheels and workshops?</STRONG>

Yep, once there is more information available on memory locations.  I haven't been keeping up with the memory hacking very closely, but last I remember we still weren't able to tell exactly what kind of building occupied a tile.  Once that is possible I can try to add support.

As for the weird map_extract errors, I'm really not sure what is going on.  I'm assuming those with problems (puke, andir) are running Vista?  If Mithaldu is still around he might be able to shed some light on the issue.

[i do not regret]

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2008, 07:32:00 am »

Huh it should very easy to get this infos. As i understand it you read the Memory   right? Make a Map play 5 minutes and make a copy from the Memory. Go back to the game build a Workshop or what ever and safe the Memory again.

After that Compare the two Memorysamples and you should get the idea what your Building is. This should be very easy because you know already whats the type and material your Building is.

Im not firm with Memoryhacking and this was only a suggestion so please dont kill me if i said something stupid.

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2008, 07:39:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sinoth:
<STRONG>
As for the weird map_extract errors, I'm really not sure what is going on.  I'm assuming those with problems (puke, andir) are running Vista?  If Mithaldu is still around he might be able to shed some light on the issue.</STRONG>

C:\> ver
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

I don't know if it matters, but I'm running a Core2Duo (2.4Ghz @ 2.64Ghz) and 4G of RAM (seen as 3.0G)

Though I have never had issues with programs like ArtMoney for memory editing, so I don't know.  If you (or someone) can give me values to look for or instructions, I can give you memory locations after I test them in the scripts and see if they work.

Also, I am running with graphics on, but I turned them off and tested and it still gave the same error.

[ April 10, 2008: Message edited by: Andir ]

"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2008, 08:19:00 am »

Would it matter if you made the map bigger than the default 256x256?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50