Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Waterfall/Drinking?  (Read 728 times)

frogman95

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Waterfall/Drinking?
« on: July 04, 2010, 04:13:42 pm »

Hi guys!

Here's my problem.  I recently built a waterfall, and now my dwarfs keep selecting the falling water for drinking and then canceling their drink job.  I have a designated drinking zone.  Some of my dwarfs have been dying of thirst, and I'm guessing it's because they keep trying to drink out of the waterfall.

Am I correct in this assumption?  Is this a bug?

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Waterfall/Drinking?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 04:27:37 pm »

you can go in to [O]rders, activity [Z]one orders and set dwarfs to only use designated drinking zones (otherwise they will prefer designated drinking zones, but still use whatever is handy)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 04:28:01 pm »

though it is to be mourned that semi-useful dwarves died of thirst, this problem has an easy workaround: Brew some booze!
if there's booze around dorfs won't think about drinking water.
you could also build a well somewhere, they'll rather drink from wells than directly from water.
or you could set something in the activity zone options (o, then look for 'activity zone orders') about 'zone only drinking' instead of  'prefer zone drinking'.
might be wrong about the last one, but that's all i could think of off the top of my head.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

frogman95

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 04:39:41 pm »

Thanks guys :)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 04:45:23 pm »

It could also be if the water in the designated drinking zone is drying up or moving around. But I do remember hearing about dwarves not respecting drinking zones in the past. Putting a well there should get them to use it, assuming it has no other problems.

Or you could make some booze.