Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Forgoten Beast Diplomat?!  (Read 1964 times)

RagNoRock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgoten Beast Diplomat?!
« on: July 04, 2010, 12:39:10 pm »

Ison the Law Giver, a great noseless bear twisted into humanoid form.  It undulates rhythmically.  Its taupe hair is patchy.  Beware its poisonous sting!

Hes just wandering up and down my Main Shaft destroying any buildings it comes near >_>.  Seems unable to go to the meeting with my Baron because hes sidetracked by things to destroy...

I also suspect if he ever got to the meeting he would promptly destroy the chair.

Not very diplomatic of him :(

What should I do?

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
Re: Forgoten Beast Diplomat?!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 12:55:33 pm »

kill it and they will eventually send another diplomat or declare war...
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

RagNoRock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 12:57:59 pm »

How can I bloody kill it?!

Its running up and down my central shaft popping out to destroy buildings/walls/floors.

Is there a way to take off its building destroyer tag?

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 01:26:27 pm »

No, you'll have to engineer a cave-in to kill it, as there is no way to edit forgotten beasts raws.

Epacsten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 02:57:40 pm »

I've yet to try it, but my understanding is that you can build a support holding up a 5x5 platform just off to the side of your main entrance or traffic path. Building destroyers will destroy the support and kill themselves before they get inside.

What I did instead was, I made an isolated area connected only by bridges over deep pits, just for my trade depot and my noble, with its own bedroom, office, meeting hall, and food stockpile. If the diplomat is a building destroyer, it's a small enough area that he won't have anything to do besides conduct the meeting and leave after destroying the furniture.
Urist McMayor: "Uh, err, h-hello --"
Kung Ustruorgu: "BE ENGULFED IN CLOUDS OF LOCUSTS AND EATEN ALIVE, MORTAL, FOR I BRING GREETINGS FROM TRADING GUILD. THERE IS MUCH TO DISSCUSS REGARDING TRADE BETWEEN OUR NATIONS AND YOUR INEVITABLE DEATH CAUSED BY HORIBLE MUTILATION OF YOUR PELVIC FLOOR.
WE ALSO PROPOSE EXCANGE OF SILK SOCKS, COOKIES AND TOYS."

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 03:04:03 pm »

I've had bad luck with building destroyers and supports.  They don't seem interested in supports.

So I use a floodgate with a liquid pressure plate to trap the buggers.  They destroy the floodgate, fluid spills over the pressure plate, the exit closes behind them, via a retracting bridge on top of a ramp.  Then I can do what I want with them.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Epacsten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 03:13:28 pm »

Will a trapped forgotten beast dignitary go insane and (EDIT: Attempt to) kill themselves? That would be hilarious if they were of the unkillable variety.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:15:23 pm by Epacsten »
Kung Ustruorgu: "BE ENGULFED IN CLOUDS OF LOCUSTS AND EATEN ALIVE, MORTAL, FOR I BRING GREETINGS FROM TRADING GUILD. THERE IS MUCH TO DISSCUSS REGARDING TRADE BETWEEN OUR NATIONS AND YOUR INEVITABLE DEATH CAUSED BY HORIBLE MUTILATION OF YOUR PELVIC FLOOR.

RagNoRock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 03:27:48 pm »

Will a Forgotten beat even give in to hunger or anything like that?

Or like other diplomats will it go crazy when it cant have its conversation?

I really don't want to cave in the area around my central shaft as the rock would probably break through the layer below and add a hole going all the way through to the bottom.

On a side note, I thought building destroyers couldn't kill Walls/Floors....
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:31:08 pm by RagNoRock »

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 03:59:26 pm »

You might be able to build an outdoor suicide booth with a support connected to a pressure plate and collapsing ceiling. Since they go for buildings you could put up a workshop or trade depot next to it. If you can't get outside, collapsing part of your fort might be your only choice :(

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 04:55:08 pm »

Forgotten beasts all have trap-avoid, which means they don't set off pressure plates.  To design a trap for one, you have to be sneaky.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Epacsten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 08:40:07 pm »

How about a floodgate holding back water which flows onto a pressure plate, which is connected to an adjacent support, which drops a floor on whatever destroys the gate?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 09:26:10 pm »

I tend to use a twisting hallway of retracting spikes hooked to a lever for dealing with hostile forgotten beasts. Perhaps you could do something similar with this one? I don't think it'll try to destroy a retracting spike as its being built, but of course you'll have to keep away from the lever. And it is a time consuming process, you're not likely to build enough spikes and hook it up to a lever in time before it's moved on from whatever location you put them at anyway.

Could wall it in. It'll eventually go berserk, rendering it susceptible to your military.

RagNoRock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 09:57:52 pm »

I tend to use a twisting hallway of retracting spikes hooked to a lever for dealing with hostile forgotten beasts. Perhaps you could do something similar with this one? I don't think it'll try to destroy a retracting spike as its being built, but of course you'll have to keep away from the lever. And it is a time consuming process, you're not likely to build enough spikes and hook it up to a lever in time before it's moved on from whatever location you put them at anyway.

Could wall it in. It'll eventually go berserk, rendering it susceptible to your military.
It would break the walls >_>

Thats one pecular problem, i'm trying to push him to the throne room by walling up the central shaft to force him down to the throne room.  He destroys the walls and busts out to destroy more buildings....

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 10:55:14 pm »

It would break the walls >_>

Thats one pecular problem, i'm trying to push him to the throne room by walling up the central shaft to force him down to the throne room.  He destroys the walls and busts out to destroy more buildings....

That seems curious. He's destroying the actual constructed walls? Because constructions are supposed to be immune to building destroyers (and are actually the only thing immune to building destroyers). Or do you mean it destroys the designation before the wall is actually completed?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 09:59:47 am by Niveras »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 10:58:36 pm »

Damn. Forgotten Beasts are so twisted they can actually destroy the concept of a wall?

Messed. Up.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: [1] 2