Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Forgoten Beast Diplomat?!  (Read 1962 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Forgoten Beast Diplomat?!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 11:05:27 pm »

It's not a forgotten beast - it's a demon. The actual differences are fairly minor, but certain types of demons explicitly escape from Hell during worldgen and infiltrate civilizations, while forgotten beasts do no such thing. Also, while titans and forgotten beasts use somewhat random characters to represent themselves, demons (and only demons) always show up as "&".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

RagNoRock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 03:47:34 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure hes killing actual constructed walls.  It could be that he is just charging in as its being constructed and bashing it in the final second before it becomes a full wall, but I think that time frame is very small if non-existent.

I actually get the message "Blah has toppled a marble wall".

And I don't know what the original Asci character for it is as I'm using Mayday.

So, difference between Forgotten Beasts and Demons is that Demons are either stuck underground or on the surface while FB's are in caverns?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 05:18:03 am »

Demons rule civilizations by masquerading as the avatar of that civilization's god, or some other such thing. FB's are basically just mindless complex brutes.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 07:59:40 am »

Grafnaw McBuildingDestroyerDiplomat: I DESTROY YOUR PUNY THOUGHTS, MORTALS!
Pages: 1 [2]