Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: Boatmurdered - The Animation  (Read 206504 times)

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered - The Animation
« Reply #285 on: March 19, 2011, 06:28:03 pm »

I've had a lingering fear from the beginning that this guy was a fraud. I don't think he is but ya never know.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 20, 2011, 09:47:09 am »

suspended doesn't mean canceled, surely DF has taught you that. He just needs us to re-prioritize his jobs to make his masterful engraving more important than eating, sleeping, partying, going to school, and making money.

Shame though, I'm not his overseer, I'm just a whiny noble (and how often do we pay attention to those?)
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2011, 08:21:56 pm »

I'm curious though: Aside from Boatmurdered, what other epic DF tales do you think would make for a great movie/video? To be more specific: If it were up to you, which other DF stories would you prefer to see made into film shorts?

Headshoots, maybe?

I should try organizing a full-length film for one of these DF games

I do think Headshoots is a great bloodline game (so says my signature) If you were to make movies of succession games, I would defenitely watch every single one of them.
The Tale of Boatmurdered: Starring Floods of Magma
The Tale of Headshoots: Starring Tribute Weapon
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2011, 08:39:30 pm »

I'm curious though: Aside from Boatmurdered, what other epic DF tales do you think would make for a great movie/video? To be more specific: If it were up to you, which other DF stories would you prefer to see made into film shorts?

Headshoots, maybe?

I do think Headshoots is a great bloodline game (so says my signature) If you were to make movies of succession games, I would defenitely watch every single one of them.
Battlefailed also would tell a very good story entirely because of the insane things that happened would make it an awesome if cheesy story.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2011, 03:19:38 pm »

Have been meaning to post to follow this for a while.

Let's not let impatience get the better of us - quality animation takes time, and so does LIFE.  This will progress in fits and starts, I'm sure we should just remain enthusiastic for it, whenever it gets done.  I sure am.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

PivAd

« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2011, 08:19:59 pm »

Hmm. You are an amazing animator :)

I can't wait, though this will take months, or even years (which I hope not :( )

Good luck!

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2011, 11:51:45 pm »

Hmm. You are an amazing animator :)

I can't wait, though this will take months, or even years (which I hope not :( )

Good luck!
It will be worth it in the end.  :D
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

LavaLevel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 16, 2011, 09:03:13 pm »

Oh man you guys are so nice and we are such arseholes.

THIS IS WHAT IS UP. SO. We are in our final year of uni where we have to make like... films with the intention of doing the whole festival circuit and all that, these are meant to be the culmination of our studying and designed to get us known to some degree.
I myself am making a film on my own with the intention of finishing it up before the end of uni and with the remainder time left over finish this thing... But yeah, it is on hold for now. Don't expect the delay to be indicative of quality... But we will see, we both really would love uni to free up a little so we can put our full attention into it.
I will tell you all when production resumes. but it probably won't be till around october sorry. I know thats a looong time. BUT YOU CAN ENJOY THE PROGRESS ON MY OTHER FILM IF YOU WANT!!!
http://simoncottee.blogspot.com/
and this is Tom/Scribble Pits film (he is working with 3 others):
http://relentlessdrag.com/

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 16, 2011, 11:45:30 pm »

I am of the opinion that the work you are doing on your uni studies will only be of benefit to the Mysterious Construction you have begun for our benefit, in the long run.

Also... uh... WOW what a title, for your film.  Now I'll have to follow that too.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2011, 09:31:09 am »

i agree. no use making every DF player ever nerdgasim if you dont have the time to do it again.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2011, 02:42:43 pm »

Headshoots, maybe?

I'd say Syrup leaf is much better than Headshoots- it builds on the Headshoots plot, and has a lot of really good writers who played it, barring one or two bad writers and morons (to whit, the guy with the cat overseer basically sabotaged the fortress like an asshole). Syrupleaf had Sirocco, the funniest dwarf ever as far as I am concerned.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2011, 08:55:31 pm »

The Headshoots->Syrupleaf series is pretty much my favorite LP ever (maybe only matched by A Scotsman In Egypt) so I have to say that I'd love a movie made of them... Probably more than I'd enjoy Boatmurdered, to be honest.

The final battle of Syrupleaf would be the greatest thing ever put to cinema.  :P
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 24, 2011, 08:10:42 pm »

A full length headshoots film would be pretty cool.
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2011, 09:19:06 pm »

Only Micheal Bay could direct those films.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2011, 01:04:23 am »

Only Micheal Bay could direct those films.

Because we all want these movies to be meaningless noisy shit. Good choice.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26