Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Boatmurdered - The Animation  (Read 205297 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered - The Animation
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 09:07:59 pm »

OMGEEEE.
So made of win.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 09:13:41 pm »

Boatmurdered... the animation... This could not possibly be anything but awesome!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 10:41:50 pm »

If you do headshoots and sryupleaf after this my life will finally be complete.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2010, 12:44:43 am »

Syrupleaf would be feature length movie. I'd spend 11 bucks on a ticket though.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2010, 02:19:23 am »

Syrupleaf and Headshoots? Not heard of these, where can I find them?
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2010, 02:40:51 am »

Headshoots and Syrupleaf are probably the second and third most famous Fortresses. But read Headshoots first. It is shorter, and Syrupleaf is actually a sequel, using a modded version of DF, now know as CivForge. I'm starting a Succession game using a changed version of CivForge to make it more Syrupleafy.

LavaLevel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2010, 08:36:05 am »

Hey guys, I haven't heard of Syrupleaf or Headshoots! I'll be sure to check them out. Production is going well, we are starting to have fun with it now the real technical story telling stuff is complete. Gah, haha.  Kael those backgrounds make me cringe due to jpeg upscaling! Tomorrow I'll whip you up some proper wallpapers at the correct resolution.

The project scale has grown a bit so we probably won't be done for another 2-3 weeks (or so)
Have some cool work in progress shots tomorrow! Hopefully complete with underground magma lakes, angry elephants and 7 embark dwarf character concepts.

I'm excited that you are excited! We constantly joke about how much you will all be really disappointed and hate it.

darkwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2010, 11:28:34 am »

Nah, you'd know if we were disappointed. *laughs evilly* ohhhhh, yes... first would come the sadistic saw-blade and cage trap maze... then the "steam bath".... possibly the Axedwarf marathon... no, Hammerdwarf, you get further (sorta)... and, finally, we commit you to join with the blood of Armok, along with all those dandelion chompers we hope will be reincarnated as something less irritating... like a Forgotten Beast.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2010, 11:53:08 am »

Headshoots and Syrupleaf are probably the second and third most famous Fortresses. But read Headshoots first. It is shorter, and Syrupleaf is actually a sequel, using a modded version of DF, now know as CivForge. I'm starting a Succession game using a changed version of CivForge to make it more Syrupleafy.

0.o

Civilization Forge has always been Civilization Forge...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2010, 12:05:18 pm »

Hmm... Never heard of CivForge before. Mephansteras has a cool mod like that, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2010, 01:21:16 pm »

Hmm... Never heard of CivForge before. Mephansteras has a cool mod like that, though.

Hehe. I don't mind it being called CivForge (or Civ Forge). But I was confused by the implication that the mod somehow grew up out of the Syrupleaf LP.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2010, 01:23:54 pm »

I'm excited that you are excited! We constantly joke about how much you will all be really disappointed and hate it.

Have you ever read the book Misery?

*Play creepy music*
I'm your number one fan.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2010, 03:55:30 pm »

I would pay for a syrupleaf movie too. The spawn would be awesome to see animated. Boatmurdered is kinda important to syrupleaf's back story, for a certain character becomes a certain someone.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2010, 03:56:56 pm »

Nist Akath and Migurust would also make awesome movies. Although Migurust isn't done yet.
Come play Mafia with us!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2010, 04:04:15 pm »

And "One Dwarf Against the world". I need to see The original Urist animated. May be even the tale of Morul.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26