Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Boatmurdered - The Animation  (Read 206427 times)

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered - The Animation
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2010, 07:54:30 am »

Reading Boatmurdered was like riding a awesomness sinusoid. Everytime I started to get bored something really funny happened. After a while I have laughed so much I transceded to hysterical state when I laughed at everything. It was not THAT good reading but ammount of absurdens, unexpected twists and most of all reactions of good player on what is going to hell because of mistakes of bad players.
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2010, 10:55:43 am »

I think One of the best points of boat murdered was this little exchange:

25th Moonstone, 1063, Early Winter
     OH MY GOD. Sankis is on a bloody rampage! He mauled a baby and a cow, and now, at this very instant, he's beating the Elite Marksdwarf Kadol Lokumad into paste!
DID I MENTION HE IS ON FUCKING FIRE!??

If i remember correctly, Sankis was the king.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2010, 11:49:44 am »

If i remember correctly, Sankis was the king.
No. He nicknamed himself "Emperor" but wasn't a noble. The Royal Sankis was in Headshoots and Syrupleaf.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2010, 01:02:25 pm »

Boatmurdered haters...who knew?

That's like saying you don't like the Beatles.  On a Beatles forum.

You know what I think, guy with a name I can't be bothered to type?  I think *you* have never read Boatmurdered, and you're just dissing it because you don't have anything to say, and you're embarrassed you can't read.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2010, 01:06:45 pm »

Indeed. If you think boatmurdered isn't awesome, you obviously haven't read the bit about SANKIS MURDERING STUFF. ON FUCKING FIRE.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2010, 01:30:06 pm »

You know what I think, guy with a name I can't be bothered to type?  I think *you* have never read Boatmurdered, and you're just dissing it because you don't have anything to say, and you're embarrassed you can't read.
No need for that, man. Sully not this finest of threads.

And really, we can argue about the relative merits and good bits and boring bits of Boatmurdered all day, but in the end, it doesn't matter. It's subjective. You know, I really like science fiction. I don't know why, exactly, but I enjoy it. And I don't really like action books that much. Now a lot of people do like action. When they tell me how great this book is, I would say, "Ah, all right, not really my cup of tea though", not "You probably haven't even read it, if you had any common sense you'd realize it wasn't that awesome". Maybe it's awesome to them, you know?

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2010, 01:49:32 pm »

Way to put out my flame....

=(

While I understand you wanting to moderate the fires, what better tribute to a Boatmurdred thread than it going down in glorious magma fires?
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2010, 03:14:51 pm »

While I understand you wanting to moderate the fires, what better tribute to a Boatmurdred thread than it going down in glorious magma fires?
How about respecting the rules set by the man who made Dwarf Fortress possible in the first place, and by extension, Boatmurdered?

Back on topic: Wasn't there another guy working on this? Maybe he has his own separate blog and that's where information is.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2010, 03:39:59 pm »

Boatmurdered is funny for the face it is good written. This focuses the writing on the insane burning men and elephant seiges and the FTW device rather then the 'normal winter, nothing happened' stuff.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2010, 03:42:09 pm »

Boatmurdered is funny for the face it is good written.
what

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2010, 04:12:35 pm »

Boatmurdered is funny for the face it is good written.
what
Typing fail fails failingly.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2010, 07:03:43 pm »

Back on topic: Wasn't there another guy working on this? Maybe he has his own separate blog and that's where information is.
Trying to Re-Rail without OP: Yeah, but that hasn't been updated in longer than this has... it's kindof a cool place, structered like all the Rouge game sites...

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2010, 08:55:33 pm »

Just sent Simon an E-Mail, so I hope we'll soon hear if we can expect the Boatmurdered animation or not.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2010, 08:14:40 am »

Boatmurdered haters...who knew?

That's like saying you don't like the Beatles.  On a Beatles forum.

First thing: I'm not a Boatmurdered hater. I just think it's overrated. Your simile fails terribly, I'd say it's more like saying Yellow Submarine isn't the best Beatles song on a Beatles forum - maybe it is and a lot of people certainly seem to think so, but a bunch of people just have a different opinion. For your information, I have, in fact, read Boatmurdered (twice), then I proceeded to read Headshoots and Syrupleaf (both of which I are, in my opinion, a hell of a lot better than Boatmurdered) and then a bunch of other stories on this forum and I really think that even though Boatmurdered was the first epic succession fort (that I know of), in the context of what came since, it's really rather mediocre in both writing and the events that took place.
With this, I consider our brief feud to be over and we can return to eagerly awaiting this animation (yes, even I await it eagerly - I'd just much rather see an adaptation of Headshoots).
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2010, 08:30:40 am »

looking forward to seeing this.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26