Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Boatmurdered - The Animation  (Read 206383 times)

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered - The Animation
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2010, 11:32:29 pm »

actually it would probably be a saga.
sryupleaf's ending just doesnt do justice for an ending for such epic stories.
We are going to get another sequel.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2010, 10:30:53 pm »

Any news on this?
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2010, 02:40:04 pm »

I'm pretty curious myself. :O

Simon Cottee's blog has been grave-still for a while now, so they're either working very hard, or they're in a bag in a river somewhere. Or I guess they could have separate bags, but that's bad for the environment.
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2010, 05:37:19 am »

Nah man. Friends with the owners.
Manabar... Yahtzee?
I respect you wholeheartedly.

Actually, everyone who is putting in the effort on this gets Kudos from me. Kudos to you both, this is a huge piece of work, and the level of detail is absolutely awesome. I can't wait to see it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2010, 04:16:37 pm »

bumping!
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2010, 11:48:23 pm »

I bet the goons got to them, too.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2010, 03:35:54 am »

They were annihilated by infinite awesomeness and epicness of Boatmurdered.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2010, 07:31:19 am »

I would play taps on this trumpet, but instruments are nothing but trade fodder. :C

But no. I'm still just as eager, we just have to give them time. :D
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2010, 03:21:37 am »

I am more and more inclined to think that the people who always preach about how EPIC Boatmurdered was have never actually read it. Those who do read it usually just post once or twice about how good it was, but then their common sense catches up to them and they realize that it really wasn't all that awesome, but they don't bother editing or deleting their previous posts, so it may seem like they actually still think that Boatmurdered is the pinnacle of what DF lore has to offer.
Which it isn't.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2010, 03:22:26 am »

Hype backlash much?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2010, 03:29:33 am »

I am more and more inclined to think that the people who always preach about how EPIC Boatmurdered was have never actually read it. Those who do read it usually just post once or twice about how good it was, but then their common sense catches up to them and they realize that it really wasn't all that awesome, but they don't bother editing or deleting their previous posts, so it may seem like they actually still think that Boatmurdered is the pinnacle of what DF lore has to offer.
Which it isn't.
Dude, I read Boatmurdered and it's awesome. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean nobody else does either.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2010, 03:35:44 am »

I follow Cheddarius's view. As much as I'd hate people who get high off talking about boatmurdered when they've never read it, I've read it, and it's amazing.

Plus, it was the first. If not the first succession game, the first succession game to have an in-character running log.

And We saw that it was good. So stop speaking for the crowd.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2010, 03:43:14 am »

I kind of agree with oglokoog. Boatmurdered was pretty awesome, but when I think about it I can barely remember anything distinct about the story, Something about elephants and killing the world with lava. Whenever I'm trying to remember  what was so great about Boatmurdered I wind up confusing it with Headshoots or something.

I think because it's basically required reading, it loses a bit of it's shine when you look back and realize you've killed the world with lava yourself fifty times and that being pestered by animals is just a common part of the game.

I'll probably read it again from all this acclaim. I think my browser crashed halfway through my last reading of it or something.

I still want to see the dwarfy cartoon.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:45:07 am by Robocorn »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2010, 03:57:01 am »

Which it isn't.
You're just jealous because you didn't get to take part of it, admit it  ;D

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2010, 06:43:58 am »

Yeah, Boatmurdered was awesome. Sure, the story itself wasn't all that epic, it was a pretty normal fort really. The writing however, was hilarious, only surpassed by a few of the other famous forts.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26