Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heavy Adamantine  (Read 697 times)

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
Heavy Adamantine
« on: July 03, 2010, 08:04:32 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2621

A heavier version of vanilla adamantine, for blunt weapons like warhammers. Installation instructions are in the README.txt. I figured that adamantine makes people sad when they try to use it with blunt weapons, so I made a small fix. I'm not sure if it works in fortress mode, so input would be helpful.
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Adamantine
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:05:09 pm »

So... adamantine, but less interesting?

[edit]
Oh wait, it's five times as dense as platinum. Never mind. That's pretty interesting, if in a completely ridiculous way.

I cannot see this going over well once Toady fixes weapon/armor weight/encumbrance/swing-velocity issues.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:53:37 pm »

That's the Fun with modding. You never know what the next version is going to bring. Mostly in the fashion of tribbles.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 10:13:25 pm »

I cannot see this going over well once Toady fixes weapon/armor weight/encumbrance/swing-velocity issues.

Urist McMilitary cancels kill goblins: Stuck in ground
A section of the cavern has collapsed!

Anyways, if anyone can get some good "goblin golfing" incidents, please tell me, because nothing went flying in the testing arena.
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.