Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Out of boredom and such...  (Read 1446 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Out of boredom and such...
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 02:03:01 pm »

I signed up... and weird those things usually fill up in minutes of getting posted.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 02:50:38 pm »

Meh, it happens. Doesn't bug me too much, I have a lot of work to do on the friggen thing. It's a 9x5 embark area for a reason... It's... 380 tiles long and 170 tiles wide and 80 tiles tall.

I'm working on the front half of the saucer shadow right now. I'm doing an outline on ground level and flooring it in. It'll be a lot easier to make it with this "shadow". It's taking forever though.

I am using cheats for resources, at least for now. I've used over 10000 stone already.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 08:06:28 pm »

Well, I know that, but his point... just that the ship could "technically" fit in a single tile.

I guess the question from my side is, how would that make it a mega project?

I'm quite excited to see how it's going to turn out. I needed an embark rectangle of 9x5 just to fit it.
I think the point he's making is that attributing 1 block to a 1x1x2 area isn't necessary, since you can fit a ridiculous amount into a single tile. You don't really need to force yourself to a CPU-killing 16 embark, because you believe that 1 block is 1x1x2. It could just as easily equal 5x5x5.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 08:12:05 pm »

I changed it to a 9x5 embark which runs perfectly fine. >.>
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!
Pages: 1 [2]