Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1597810 times)

Dradym

• Bay Watcher
  • if its hard, overly complex, but fun, its a dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #2505 on: December 11, 2010, 09:56:33 pm »

ahh thx for the info, continue away with questions about the future of DF

1LeftShroom

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I have no life, that's why I have this one up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: December 12, 2010, 11:50:35 am »

How about being one of the dwarves in your fortress (or in any other one)? I would like to be a specific dwarf in my fortress such as a miner, jeweler, or crafter and control him and his social life FIRST HAND.
>=3

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: December 12, 2010, 03:29:30 pm »

Guys again. Suggestions ... if they lead to longer discussions should go to the suggestions forum.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: December 12, 2010, 03:40:42 pm »

But how are we supposed to get to one thousand pages without these long discussions?
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: December 12, 2010, 03:42:06 pm »

we just reached page 51. I dont think we get to page 1000 for another year or so - with or without such discussions here.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: December 12, 2010, 03:51:03 pm »

Page 101 for me, so that'll only take six months.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: December 12, 2010, 04:30:44 pm »

Page 168 for those who keep the default of 15 posts per page.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: December 12, 2010, 05:59:59 pm »

Yes this is a relevant topic of discussion...  ::)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #2513 on: December 12, 2010, 07:18:19 pm »

Its happened before, every time we go awhile without an update. Yes, awhile seems to be getting to about 3 days, but we haven't had a release in a bit. Its that or have the thread go quiet.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: December 12, 2010, 11:19:25 pm »

Will random illnesses be implemented in fortress mode anytime soon? e.g dwarves can catch a cold/get pneumonia.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: December 13, 2010, 09:52:54 am »

Will you be working exclusively on the economy during the winter months, or will there be small , but effective, improvements to adventure mode gameplay?
Such as allowing for a dwarf to perform (provisionary) medical acts on himself or restacking coins.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #2516 on: December 13, 2010, 11:06:42 am »

the december report indicated that the "army arc is on the horizon". So I doubt the economy will be the focus all winter. And the current dev goals are focused around adv mode, so you should be fine. This caravan thing is just jointly applicable to fortress mode.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: December 13, 2010, 02:36:38 pm »

the december report indicated that the "army arc is on the horizon". So I doubt the economy will be the focus all winter. And the current dev goals are focused around adv mode, so you should be fine. This caravan thing is just jointly applicable to fortress mode.
"the horizon" in this case means "when we're done with this other stuff", which could easily end up being spring or even summer. Although what it is for you depends on where you live, I suppose. It will probably not be winter for me because winter is very short here, for example.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: December 13, 2010, 02:57:57 pm »

Well like Zalgo it will come.

Proud to be a Furry.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: December 13, 2010, 03:28:39 pm »

(Actually more like a little sugesion) are there any plans to make zombies change into skeletons and make those change into gosts after a long time?
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 342