Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: The Dwarven Race III - Race Two, start.  (Read 19911 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - First race is end. Next race is not yet go.
« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2010, 02:15:22 am »

Prepare my vehicle
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2010, 04:54:08 pm »

It's alive? O(

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2010, 02:23:44 am »

Thank god there are other lazy GMs on the world... makes me feel not quite as lonely.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 21, 2010, 07:02:10 am »

Bah. I intended to get something up soon after you said that, but I'll just have to settle for token reassurance. I hereby reassure you all that my liver is still up to the task of writing about dwarves in racecars.

This is hard. I was surprised by how long it took someone to post something, but I'm glad it happened in the end.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 21, 2010, 11:06:10 am »

I was chalking it up to a curse, neither of my Dwarven Races have gone past the first race. I'd hate to see this one befall the same fate.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #215 on: October 21, 2010, 03:13:18 pm »

If it makes this turn come sooner, I'd be more than happy to demonstrate my interest in this.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Things are happening.
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2010, 07:35:45 am »

Gentlemen! In honour of the Melbourne Cup, the largest horse race in Australia, which was today, I am announcing that the second race will begin at some point in the relatively near future. The map will be posted shortly, but it will be in an elven forest retreat. Dwarven High Command will pay out a bounty of fifty dwarfbucks for each elf slaughtered. Style points may be awarded for creativity.

The main post has been updated. I have no idea whether I covered everything, but the rules have been rewritten and the parts list has been updated. Check the bottom three sections.

I've also awarded your prize monies in the main post, though your statuses have not been updated there. I assume Shadow is paying Para his 250 dwarfbucks.

Maxi, as noted in the rules, you start with 2500 dwarfbucks. In the interest of fairness, I may award you an extra five hundred later on, I don't know.

Now is also the time for new parts and inter-race actions. You get four. Spend them wisely. Old parts can be redeemed for their original value if they're in good condition.

One more thing. At the end of the month, I'll be heading off to the Himalayas for four weeks. The race may not start properly until after I get back, unless I find a working computer with a power source and satellite uplink on some forsaken glacier. Be prepared for that, though I cannot fathom how you could prepare in a way that will make any difference.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2010, 10:48:29 am »

...fuck yeah. Screw getting to the goal, I've got money to earn.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2010, 06:11:46 pm »

I buy:

Booze rocket x2 - 200
Mechanism - 100
Grappling hook - 250
Crazy henchdwarf(Luthor) - 100
-Chainmail armor - 100
-Axe - 100
Bones x5 - 50
 (two mounted elven skulls, a bull skull worn by Luthor, and two spare femurs for whatever reason)

1st action: Combine a booze rocket with the current to create a twin boozerocket engine(not too creative I know, but twin rockets? c'mon that's got style. Also, hopefully the engine will be operable still by one henchdwarf)
2nd action: Combine the other booze rocket with the mechanism to create a booze-flamethrower turret.
3rd and both henchdwarves' actions: Make mugs for cash.
4th action: Attempt to convince a brewery to sponsor my racer by providing a constant supply of booze. If this costs me money per race, I'd prefer no more than 250 of my winnings each.

Finally, use all the money gained by making mugs + the remaining 100 to buy booze barrels.

Yes, the chainmail and axe is wielded by the crazy dwarf.
 Name new standard henchdwarf Roland II.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:31:33 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2010, 08:48:47 pm »

Sell wooden chassis, buy steel one and the enclosed cabin with fortifications mod.  250☼ remaining.

Fix Perpetual motion machine.
(repeat this if it fails)
Turn Igor into a gloomer.
Practice spitting webs, command Igor to harvest wood
Create pipe organ in racer with wood harvested by Igor

Paranatural, you still owe Igor that boot, and you better deliver.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2010, 10:14:18 pm »

You and your damned memory.

I need clarification. Id Reginald dead?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 03, 2010, 12:57:56 am »

Reginald's fine. He was a casualty, not a fatality. Even if he was dead, you'd get a new henchdwarf for free.

I am pleased by the creativity shown by Shadow and Frelock. I am also pleased to see that none of you, with the possible exception of IronyOwl and Maxi, have disappeared during my absence.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:59:30 am by Wimdit »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 03, 2010, 01:06:15 am »

mine stone and cut wood with kobold chain gangs
make a ballista
make ballista bolts
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:08:21 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 03, 2010, 01:11:32 am »

Reginald's fine. He was a casualty, not a fatality. Even if he was dead, you'd get a new henchdwarf for free.

I am pleased by the creativity shown by Shadow and Frelock. I am also pleased to see that none of you, with the possible exception of IronyOwl and Maxi, have disappeared during my absence.
I notice that Frelock has Igor doing something, I assume this makes it possible for our henchdwarves/kobolds to perform out of race actions?
 And if so, may newly bought ones do so as well?

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2010, 01:25:27 am »

Yeah, fair enough.  I'll say that each henchdwarf gets one action between races, new ones and replacements included. These may not be quite as useful as your own, because henchdwarves are stupid. As we all know. Kobolds given independent actions instead of being chained up may escape or may return out of misguided loyalty. Errol's sentient eagle can also be given orders.

I'll award you an extra 400 dwarfbucks to put you on a slightly more even footing, maxi. You can stick with the racer you had in your original post, or you can make a new one.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20