Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: The Dwarven Race III - Race Two, start.  (Read 19902 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Talk Like a Pirate
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2010, 09:46:42 pm »

Attempt to gather up and heal my rampaging elephants, petting them and telling them how good they are for ruthlessly devouring the wounded.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2010, 07:24:25 am »

Attempt to gather up and heal my rampaging elephants, petting them and telling them how good they are for ruthlessly devouring the wounded.
Was nice knowing ya... Well... Not really.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2010, 08:40:05 am »

Become one with the flame, bending to my will. Then try and use the flame to keep the strangler alive. (probably won't work but worth a shot :P)
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2010, 05:00:09 pm »

What's the worst that could happen?

Aside from the painfully obvious and utterly inevitable, I mean.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2010, 11:42:01 pm »

What's the worst that could happen?

Aside from the painfully obvious and utterly inevitable, I mean.
hilarity?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - First race is end. Next race is not yet go.
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2010, 05:09:02 am »

Race One: Conclusion
Weird Stuff Happens On Sixes

Paranatural
(1) You attempt to drag your own damn wagon over the finish line in a display of bloody-mindedness. Unfortunately, you were not pierced through the head with shrapnel, and so your mind remains insufficently bloody. You grab what remains of the cats' harnesses anyway, but they crumble to ashes in your hands. You give up your efforts and collapse face first in the dirt.

Errol
(1) Man, this thing is heavy. You wonder how the eagles do it. Functioning wheels probably help, as well as the fortress being the right way up instead of starboard side up. Your two remaining eagles stand, folding their wings, and move to help you. After several seconds of fruitless pulling, you all fall down in the dirt.

SHAD0Wdump
(4) You slowly regain consciousness, and manage to call Igor to your side through the use of weak croaking noises. Medical science being what it is around here, he cures you of your weakness in ways which are unorthodox but nonetheless effective. You sit up, still reeling from the blows to your head.

Frelock
(5) Sure are a lot of spiders around here. They come swarming out of the trees at your command, forming up in ranks behind you as you stare out over the track. Your chelicerae astringe imperceptibly as you mentally vow revenge. A spider's face isn't very expressive, you see.

IronyOwl
(4) You climb down from the Rampage and head towards your elephants. You're just about to make a singularly unwise attempt to gather up the enraged giants when a couple of the champion marksdwarves employed by the racing collective come into shooting range. Four seconds and twenty-six envenomed bolts later, the elephants are down and ready for caging. You pat one on the head. Good job, elephant.

techno65535
(6) You become one with the flame, bending it to your somewhat questionable will. You force it to consume the remaining booze all at once, and focus the resulting conflagration around you. Wreathed in flames, you realize you failed to consider the fact that you are not actually fireproof. You thought it stopped hurting because of your sudden and unaccountable mastery of the inferno, but it turns out it was just because your nerves had been incinerated. Well, there goes your first incarnation.

You are now a being composed of everburning flame. You may have to develop some form of telekinesis soon so you can function properly.

(6) Undeterred by the effects of playing with fire, you turn your powers on the strangler in order to give it life. Predictably, it is consumed within moments. However, you also seem to have eaten its soul and added its power to the Fire. You guess that counts as giving it new life? Inasmuch as being subsumed into some gestalt consciousness which doesn't even have a proper body can be called living, anyway.

Comments
wofchild's been dropped for not responding, unless he jumps in again out of the blue soon. I guess that means I am letting in someone else after the race. Fancy that. The new person will get 2900☼ to equip themselves, for those who are interested.

Posting this now is just a gesture of appeasement: I've had this done for a while, but I wanted to get the administrative stuff out along with it. It was not to be. Expect stuff to happen later on. Everything in the parts list is now subject to change, by the way.

Statuses

Spoiler: SHAD0Wdump - Ramstein (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IronyOwl - Rampage (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2010, 09:51:51 am »

Pick up and leash the two cats to the wagon. They shall be the backup engine. Then I go replace my fallen henchdwarf, and tell the new one to get some wheels. Don't care how.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2010, 12:33:54 pm »

I'll join in if wolfchild doesn't come back.
That thing over there
-900 Steel Chassis = 2000
-850 Furnace = 1150
-650 Cannon = 500
-250 Standard Henchdwarf = 250
-100 Hammer = 150
-150 Cage trap = 0
And that's all the points spent. Hope furnaces don't spontaneously blow up at random. It probably will given the nature of rtd.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2010, 02:21:54 pm »

I'll wait until you're done with the parts list before giving my shopping list.  Still watching, though, and happy you got a turn up!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2010, 03:33:54 pm »

Hehe. Good elephant, indeed.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2010, 06:30:05 pm »

I'mma waiting...

I do hope you don't expect me to expend an action to give Para that 250 though. O\

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2010, 02:39:12 am »

Yeah, there's nothing for you gentlemen to do until I get my act together. No, Shadow, I don't expect you to do that. That would be ridiculous.

Person, you're on the waiting list, but there's like a half-dozen people on it already.

Sending a PM to maxicaxi, who was the first to sign up after the race began.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2010, 06:15:18 am »

You know you can always bug him on IRC at irc.newnet.net/#agora  He's on nearly every night.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2010, 07:29:38 pm »

That was fun, though I was very sad I did not place.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2010, 09:39:57 pm »

That was fun, though I was very sad I did not place.
Well you've got 750, which is better than most people get at least.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20