Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: The Dwarven Race III - Race Two, start.  (Read 19912 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Kobold on elephant action!
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2010, 12:15:45 pm »

I'm kinda confused, I thought we were all moving at different speeds, but we're all in the same position?

Have the Henchdwarf Fire the cannon at anyone who seems to be pulling ahead.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 12:53:33 pm »

*whisks his mustache*
Switch into cautious driving, let the Rampage overtake me a tiny amount while screaming incoherently at the elephants. Then when the elephants try to double back to get me, swerve over to the opposite side of the rampage and rocket past!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2010, 01:13:21 pm »

I'm kinda confused, I thought we were all moving at different speeds, but we're all in the same position?

Yea, apparently my super engines are worthless.  I really should have gone for the smash-em-up style.

Send Igor (my henchman) over to Paranatural's cart to steal a cat.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2010, 06:26:23 pm »

Okay. Rules clarification.

Since everyone with lower speed than four went all out this turn, you all had a speed of at least three. Three speed gives you a one in two chance to go two tiles, as opposed to four which guarantees you two. This reckless disregard for your engines' health will have some negative consequences later on. By the way, there was only a one in eight chance that everyone would get to the same tile this turn, not counting the possibility of damged vehicles.

Frelock's super engine not only allows him to consistently move two tiles every turn with no risk at all, but allows him different choices of driving mode.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2010, 08:23:52 pm »

Attempt to guide my elephants through some small trees. Attempt to grab a resulting branch, stuff it through the kobold's clothing, and wrench him off to use as a lure to drive my elephants onward.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2010, 11:32:27 pm »

is there a witing list? if there is I! AM! IN!

-Iron chassis- 900

-Screw pump engine- 100

-Standard henchdwarf- x2 500

-Machine Crossbow- x2 800

kobold x4 for powering screw pump 200

0 left
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 05:29:46 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2010, 02:28:47 am »

Switch to normal driving, untie the sentient giant eagle, and tell henchdwarf Alpha to fire the catapult at Frelock.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2010, 11:21:42 pm »

I'm in the crowd.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Chimps and stranglers and spiders.
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2010, 06:23:54 am »

Turn 2

wolfchild
(4) You fly low over Frelock's absurd contraption. You are about to open fire when you realize you have absolutely nothing to strafe him with. Good thing you weren't seized by the urge to throw your other kobold overboard, because that would just be silly. (Auto-fail) You also yell at your eagles to retrieve the other other kobold, but they can't understand you because they're stupid eagles! (2) The stupid eagles also realize that eagle treats are not forthcoming, (1) and a few of them begin attacking you for having the temerity to withhold them! The more loyal among them are barely able to keep you aloft, let alone maintain forward momentum. What do you do? (3) Oh, and there are a bunch of skeletal chimpanzees about to jump on your flying machine.

Things spawned of vile darkness leap out of the trees! Watch your heads.

techno65535
(6) Inspired by the mere thought of quarry bushes, Henchdwarf Delta gains the unyielding power of the Earth. The bin sails over toward the Ramstein with perfect accuracy, (1) but unaccountably bounces right off its intended target and hits Delta square in the face, (4) but the unyielding power of the Earth prevents him from being injured. Looks like you're back to square one with regards to your cunning attack plan, (6) but you consider this unimportant because you seem to have developed acute and very intense paranoia, apparently brought on by the movement in the trees. What is more important is the possibility of betrayal by Henchdwarf Delta. His obviously planned attempt at self-mutilation is obviously a ploy to make you lose the race, (3) as is the pair of four-armed apes trying to jump on your vehicle. They were obviously sent by your competitors, but you have the drop on them (metaphorically speaking) thanks to your unique mental state. You have a cage trap, but you definitely can't rely on it as it's probably been sabotaged. (2) Your pumpers are also not pumping hard enough, and you're falling behind. Conspiracy! What now?

Paranatural
(6) Your henchdwarf loads and fires the cannon with extreme efficiency, but forgets that he already loaded it before the race. BOOM. The tremendous recoil from the double charge of gunpowder pushes you back, (5) but your cats make up the difference in speed through the power of abject terror. Since Frelock is the only one to have pulled ahead, they both have his vehicle as their target. (2) Fortunately for him, they both miss. (1) Phantom spiders are crawling through your firing ports! You have no idea why they're here, or how many are on the outside, but you do know that their venom can paralyze a grown dwarf in seconds. Filthy vermin.

Your kittens are now grown.

Stray cat (Tame) has given birth to kittens.

SHAD0Wdump
You order your henchdwarf to ease off with the liquor a bit. (5) He considers drinking the extra liquor, but is consumed by guilt and vows never to do so. Then again, who knows how long that will last. You use only a quarter of a barrel of booze this turn. (SHAD0Wdump) (5+1) The elephants decide to keep trying to kill you, but your cunning ploy sends them plowing headlong into the trees! You zoom off screaming, (5) which appears to ward off the many and varied monsters falling from the sky. Who'd have thought?

Frelock
(6) You order your loyal henchman Igor to come to you. You have no henchmen, let alone one named Igor, but your belief is strong enough to make your kobold minion undergo a startling transformation. He is now Igor, your loyal hunchbacked retainer. (3) You give him his mission, and he carries out his orders to the letter. Unfortunately, he is not quite agile enough to make it back before you pull ahead. He does have a cat now, but is also surrounded by the phantom spiders currently swarming over Paranatural's vehicle. (1) Oh dear. Yet more phantom spiders have somehow invaded your racecar. How did they even get on here without being run over? Anyway, their venom has an unfortunate tendency to paralyze those they bite. Better not agitate them!

IronyOwl
You have no need to guide your elephants into the trees as they are already going that way! (2) But branches are hard to find. You suspect that there may not even be any branches around here. Stupid forest. Anyway, the kobold remains on its perch and your elephants (4) eventually find a way out, despite a couple of incidents involving a certain blind elephant and some branchless trees. (1) Said blind elephant immediately succumbs to pain upon finding the road once more. It is now unconscious, but the kobold fails to notice this. (1) The other two elephants trip over the blind one. Stupid elephants. (2) Smelling the blood on the blind elephant and the kobold, four four-armed apes descend upon them both. Stupid apes.

Errol
You untie the eagle for demonstrating such initiative. (2) You suffer an immediate drop in performance, however, and your vessel slows significantly. (5) Hoping that he too will be rewarded for initiative, your henchdwarf somehow manages to not only remember to light the booze, but also to rig it so that it will explode on impact. (3-3) Initiative does not translate into being able to fire catapults accurately, however, especially from a moving vehicle toward a moving target. It bursts harmlessly several metres from whatever the hell that thing Frelock drives is. (4) Two zombie apes jump on your vehicle, (1) and the sentient eagle tries to seize one but flies straight into a section of armour plating. Ow.

Comments
Dear me. You got lucky up until the spiders, Frelock. Those projectiles could have been nasty. Like I said earlier, I may or may not be accepting new racers after the race. I should probably put that in the OP. Tell me if I got anything wrong, I was rather haphazard here. Need a proper methodology.

Course info
Tropical Moist Broadleaf Forest
Heavily Forested
Terrifying

Code: [Select]
    2 4 1
S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ +
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 _ 10
                    + __ __ __ __ __ F
                      11 12 13 14 15
Key
S = Start
F = Finish
_ = One tile
+ = Corner
Bottom Numbers = Square number
Top Numbers = Racers present on that square

Statuses

Spoiler: SHAD0Wdump - Ramstein (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IronyOwl - Rampage (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:43:08 am by Wimdit »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 06:43:51 am »

Order my elephants to MAUL THOSE STRANGLERS. Perform emergency first aid on my elephant, bandaging its eyes with palm fronds or something. Wake it up and remind it that it is an unstoppable engine of death whose long trunk and massive ears probably give it an acute sense of smell and incredible hearing, and that there's DELICIOUS MEAT up ahead.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2010, 06:45:46 am »

Traitors, all of them! Only traitors, or kobolds, could be this ignorant!.

"DAMNIT DELTA! Stop trying to hurt yourself! Ya damn traitor! And you three!! What's the idea of slowing down?! Traitors all of you! If none of you can get those damn ape-things in those cages, then no booze for you tonight! You hear me!"

Spur the henchdwarves back to loyality, and make sure at least one of them stays on the pumps, preferably two on the pumps, while the other two handle the interlopers.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2010, 07:46:05 am »

Order the vehicle to soar (for a short time) while everyone on board tries to throw off the zombie apes.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2010, 08:15:11 am »

Bahaha! "Play nice with the undead!"
 And with that I ram the General Lee off the road!

I also reward my henchdwarf's attitude with promise of booze when this race is over.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2010, 08:28:58 am »

Have my henchdwarf throw a kitten onto Igor's face. whereupon it should maul him viciously. Keep driving forward. Release the newly grown cats to deal with the spiders.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:39:48 am by Paranatural »
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2010, 08:49:15 am »

Calm the eagles and press forward above the chimpanzees (by strafe i meant have the eagles attack, oh well)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20