Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: The Dwarven Race III - Race Two, start.  (Read 19898 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Let the race begin...
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 07:37:40 pm »

AGGRESIVE DRIVING, IN FLIGHT, Foccusing if im able

new action below
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 02:40:38 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 09:56:18 pm »

"Alpha! Bravo! Charlie! Get on that pump and don't let up! Delta! Pick up your hammer knock some of that lignite at the Ramstein! Aim for his booze stockpile!"

3 Hench on the pump, 1 with hammer and lobbing fiery death at the Ramstein's booze pile, while I drive aggressively.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 10:26:38 pm »

Pick up your hammer knock some of that lignite at the Ramstein! Aim for his booze stockpile!"
I fucking knew it!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 12:52:56 am »

Driving focus: dead ahead.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 02:24:59 am »

Cheers from stands...
So watching this...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 02:26:43 am »

Pick up your hammer knock some of that lignite at the Ramstein! Aim for his booze stockpile!"
I fucking knew it!
Can you blame me? It's like a great big target just waiting (:<
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41:17 am »

Drive aggressivly, in the air, boot a kobold onto the face of one of rampages elephants

edit: fixed typos
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 07:37:07 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 03:33:46 am »

Laugh maniacally.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2010, 06:54:31 am »

Would it be possible to add the tongs as a misc item? I can see them being useful against various !!inanimate objects!!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2010, 09:26:20 am »

Encourage the kittys to run as fast as their lil paws will take them.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2010, 05:12:39 am »

DRIVE ON, AGGRESSIVE MODO, and prepare the catapult for firing a booze barrel.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 05:15:25 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2010, 06:47:48 am »

Turn 1

SHAD0Wdump
The starter cannon fires, and your loyal henchdwarf lights the booze he had prepared prior to the race. A pillar of fire issues from the rear of your vehicle, and you explode off the starting line. 'Maximum power!' you shout, somewhat redundantly. Your henchdwarf goes to grab another barrel of booze. You attempt to find your happy place and focus on the path, but your shout made you all excited and you lack the inner harmony to balance two conflicting emotional states.

wolfchild
With a deafening screech, your eagles launch into the sky! You shout at them incoherently. You have trained them to respond to this, and they pull harder in the hope of getting eagle treats. (6) They must be hungry. You move twice as fast as you otherwise would have. Pleased, you look down below and see one of your competitors laughing as the elephants roped to his vehicle storm forwards. The bastard. You'll show him. You round on your captives, who stare at you with uncomprehending fear. Grabbing one by the neck, you proceed to (6) do a perfect drop punt, launching it over the side with pinpoint accuracy. The other kobold, afraid that it will be next, hides away in a cranny somewhere. Screeching as it falls, the kobold you kicked lands squarely on the lead elephant's eyes and claws at them in utter panic. (6) Its terror lends it strength, and it scoops out both of the elephant's eyes in moments. The beast is blinded, but not quite out of the race. It can still scent dwarven blood, and hear the roaring of various engines. Safe for the moment, the kobold holds onto the elephant's forehead for dear life.

techno65535
You snap out commands with great efficiency, and your dwarves step to it with a will. Your pumpers propel you forward, matching the rest of the pack - though not without some effort. You pull in beside the Ramstein. Henchdwarf Delta (2) picks up the hammer enthusiastically, positions the bin carefully, and hits it dead on. It doesn't move. Hm.

Frelock
Your kobold helper gives one of your pumps a half-turn, and the great contraption that is your engine stirs. You sit on the starting line for a moment, barely moving. Suddenly, your vehicle explodes into life, catching up to the rest of the racers in moments. It will take some excellent driving to get through without damaging your car, but you're up to the task. The sound of water sloshing about in your engine always helps you concentrate, too.

IronyOwl
(SHAD0Wdump) With a terrible trumpeting, your elephants are released from the starting line to bring doom upon dwarfkind as best they can. The bloodlust takes hold, and they collectively decide upon the noisiest target. The Ramstein is dead in their sights. (6) Ha ha ha ha. Ahahaha. Hahahahahaha. Ha ha ha! AHAHAHAHA! 

HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAA!

Your laughter has everyone suitably cowed, and your elephants are driven onward. However, they are driven onward so well that the lead elephant fails to destroy the kobold that has just landed on its head. It promptly loses both of its eyes. It remains unfazed for the moment, but your cornering bonus has been lost, and unless it tastes dwarven blood soon the pain will overwhelm it. The kobold is also still on its head. (3+1) Your now-eyeless elephant stumbles slightly, but rallies under your magnificent leadership. The Rampage keeps pace with the Ramstein. (4-1) The elephants are not quite able to get close enough for a devastating attack, but their tusks tear a few small holes in the steel armour. At this range, neither vehicle's spikes do anything.

Paranatural
'Mush! Mush!' you shout. (4) Your cats seem to understand. You think. You're going pretty fast, anyway.

Stray cat (Tame) has given birth to kittens.

Errol
You stay on the ground for now, since your eagles feel outnumbered. (6) You don't drive them on any less vehemently, though. They keep pace with the rest. (6) In an impressive display of multitasking, you yell at the eagles to load the catapault with booze. After all, they don't understand Dwarvish, and your henchdwarf will get the message. Wait. What's... oh hell. You duck as one of the eagles swoops over your head. You look around just in time to see it, in a staggering display of agility, snatch up a booze barrel and a fuse, stick the latter into the former, drop it on the catapault, and return to pulling in a single 360-degree loop.

You have a tamed sentient giant eagle that understands your every word. Stand in slackjawed amazement? Y/N

(?) The aftermath of IronyOwl's laughter leaves the jungle oddly quiet, despite the seven racers tearing through it with general disregard for their own safety.

You're definitely not alone. There are shapes in the trees. A flash of white between branches here, a glimpse of something red and glowing there.

Careful.

Comments
Man, wolfchild was lucky. I'm sorry to those whose turns weren't all that interesting, especially Paranatural. I'll change that next turn, if at all possible. Aggressive driving has no penalties yet, except the extra booze usage for Shadow. Oh, and I did mean sacrificing all other actions for driving focus. Shadow was lucky enough to escape major damage anyway though, despite the negative attention. Sorry, maybe I should have clarified that more.

As for the tongs idea, I'll say no. It makes sense, but it only really protects against lignite bins. And you've probably got bigger problems if someone got a lignite bin on you. Plus, being prepared is boring.

Course info
Tropical Moist Broadleaf Forest
Heavily Forested
Terrifying

Code: [Select]
S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ +
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 _ 10
                    + __ __ __ __ __ F
                      11 12 13 14 15
Key
S = Start
F = Finish
_ = One tile
+ = Corner

Statuses

Spoiler: SHAD0Wdump - Ramstein (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IronyOwl - Rampage (click to show/hide)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Kobold on elephant action!
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2010, 07:08:55 am »

Strafe Whatthehellwasthat and have an eagle retrieve my kobold, then fly aggresivley
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 07:20:46 am by wolfchild »

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2010, 07:14:28 am »

"DAMNIT DELTA! GET THAT LIGNITE BIN ON RAMSTEIN ALREADY! DO IT OR NO MASTERFUL ROCKLEAF ROASTS!"

Keep driving forward, but keep an eye on those 'shapes' and 'colours' in the trees.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2010, 07:22:23 am »

added to my turn see ^
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20