Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: The Dwarven Race III - Race Two, start.  (Read 19881 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Drivers, reassemble.
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2011, 07:35:48 pm »

Woop, almost forgot me prestartup action.
I greet my kobold friends with a big hug. I allow them to know that they may relinquish their disguises as they wish, and I would accept them as Kobolds. Hand them both a ration of cheese to raise morale.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2011, 07:41:35 pm »

I've been reading this, and I think I'll jump in.

The Old Ironsides
Iron Chassis, Enclosed with Arrow Slits
Screw Pump Engine
Machine Crossbow
2 Dwarves, standard
1 Mechanisms
Booze*8

Establish Standing orders: Both of them should operate the engine, and, when we enter a Elven Village, one of them is to man the Crossbow and kill as many elves as possible.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2011, 08:47:48 pm »

Inter-race actions.
Have standard dwarf, now know as Olon, figure out how to use the cannon, instructing him to kill elves when possible. Me: Forge 1 steel sword with furnace, and produce rock mugs for money.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:30:04 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2011, 09:31:41 pm »

Damnit, don;t log on in a efw days and this shit happens.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2011, 12:32:48 am »

Unlucky. Fine, I'll take eight racers. Sorry to Mr. Kirby, looks like you're still out. Para, you're in. Paad, you're on the waiting list. It will take some time to get around to you.

Iceball brings up an interesting point, namely that he and Person haven't had inter-race actions. If you two submit four actions now, as well as one each for your henchdwarves, I'll resolve those in the next couple of days before I declare the race open. The term 'pre-startup action' is meaningless to me, as it is not part of the Immutable Rules in the Original Post.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:04:20 am by Wimdit »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2011, 03:06:50 am »

Ah well, SOMEONE has to crash here.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2011, 09:22:00 pm »

If I'm unlucky my furnace will explode when I try to craft with it. ;p I got plans for those metal bars though.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 08, 2011, 01:34:44 am »

I stroke my genetically modified cats, "Soon my pretties, soon.."
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 08, 2011, 11:12:38 am »

Standing orders: Keep the AIR RAID running on sheer force of will. Crossbowdwarf is to gun down any elf who he has a decent chance of hitting, and throw kittens if he has no chance of hitting.

I'll be taking the FUN route through the orange mountains unless I override that later. I have eagles. I got this.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2011, 08:25:43 pm »

Edit: Here's mah racer.
The HMS HFS
Iron Chassis- 900
Furnace- 850
Ballista- 750
Henchdwarf- 250
Pitchblende- 20
Axe- 100
Lead bar- 20
Elf skull(mounted on ballista)- 10
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:05:51 pm by Geen »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 09, 2011, 07:30:29 pm »

Standing orders: Head along the north path, summon spiders from the forest to attack elves.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 09, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »

I don't do standing orders, I bark orders as the situation demands.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:38 pm »

Standing Orders:

Kill

EVERYTHING.

At least, that's what my elephants keep insisting I told them. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 14, 2011, 05:39:26 am »

Hey, standing orders. Didn't see any of those last race, I guess I'll make it a thing on the status section. Taricus, Geen, you're on the waiting list. You will be waiting for the foreseeable future, since this game has a very low turnover rate.

Meh, I'll just count these as actions. Behold,

Introductory Semi-Turn The First

iceball3
(3)(4) You greet your kobold friends with a big hug. They are understandably a bit nervous, and your hug does little to calm them down. One steps forward and hesitantly takes off his fake beard, casting it away and taking up his spear. He looks at it with undisguised awe, swinging it experimentally. The other follows suit more slowly. (1)(5) You hand each a ration of cheese. The less-hesitant one takes his ration and scoffs it down happily, but the other continues to hang back. Sick of his games, you dart forward before he can react and shove the entire wheel of cheese down his tiny kobold throat. You step back as he staggers around while desparately trying to clear his airways, eyes wide with terror. You may have been a little hasty there.

Person
(2) Olon, despite his name, is not good at these things. He cannot figure out how to use the cannon beyond putting powder in, then shot, then lighting the powder. Enough to get by, you guess, though you worry about the cannon exploding. (6) You head on down to the magma forge, stealing some coke from a baby as you pass by. The soft red glow of the forge is calming to you, and as you swing the hammer you feel as though you're truly a weaponsmith. Hours later, you have produced a masterwork sword that will never dull, never break and will slice through flesh and bone with ease. It's a really nice sword. (2)(3)(1) Still exhilarated from your smithery, you set about making mugs. You are, however, too exhilarated to concentrate, and after a very long time with few mugs to show for it, you break your chisel. You look at it in exasperation.

There we go. Onward!

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Race Two, start.
« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2011, 05:40:02 am »

'Welcome, welcome, to the elven forest retreat of, uh...
How the hell do we pronounce that?'
'I don't know, just keep going!'

'Welcome to the elven forest retreat! Since time immemorial, the elves of the Golden Sticks have dwelt here in peace and harmony. As dwarves, we cannot allow this to continue.'

'My colleague speaks the truth. Here at the elven forest retreat of [unintelligible], the locals have evaded the notice of Dwarven High Command to such an extent that the army has long since moved on. Most of the land around here has been stripped bare of filthy treehuggers.'

'This means that not only will our spectators be safe from elven retribution, but the entire place will be fortified and full to bursting with paranoid soldiers!'

'Ha ha, quite so. A few of our champions have generously donated their time to protect those not in the race from elves, but our competitors will be in mortal danger the whole way through!'

'Which is just what you came here to see! The Dwarven Race guarantees that there will be blood before the race is over, so sit back and enjoy the show! Our competitors are even eligible for a bounty of fifty dwarfbucks per elf slain, so we expect there to be a lot of bloodshed soon!'

'Oh, and before we forget, this race has been sponsored by the Wrathful Cups! Consider the booze rocket for your wagon as you watch its power in action today!'

'Remember the motto: losing is fast!'

The race is open! Post your actions, your vehicles will begin moving automatically. The map with locations and such but without the path lines will be shown in turn updates: the original map will remain in the OP.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:50:52 am by Wimdit »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20