Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: The Dwarven Race III - Race Two, start.  (Read 19922 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Religious paraphernalia cannot outsmart bullet.
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2010, 06:50:14 pm »

posting to watch.
also can i get on the waiting list?

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Weird Time Shenanigans
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2010, 06:55:01 am »

Turn 6
Weird Time Shenanigans

wolfchild
(6) Constant fear of attack by your airborne tormentors/servants seems to have had a somewhat negative effect on your psyche. Apparently, it can now hold but one thought, and that thought is GO FATSER FASTER. (6)(6)(2) Such inspiring focus. Reality reshapes itself in deference to the power of your mind, and time itself goes fatser briefly before speeding up. All speeds are doubled this turn. Your eagles zoom through the air at... well, at a high but not very impressive speed. They weren't too fast to begin with, you see.

techno65535
(6) You try to pull a fast one (hee) on the laws of reality. Thanks to the laws of reality suddenly being highly malleable for some reason, reality consents. (6) That's not to say the pump dwarves aren't tired, but their arms begin to go numb from working so hard. That's probably a good thing? Maybe. Anyway, you're going really fast. As in, ridiculously fast. Which is to say, the corner is approaching rather quickly. (4) You realize this just in time. Taking the wheel, you swerve around the corner. (1) You breathe a sigh of relief. That was a close one. You can't imagine anything you might be forgetting. (1+1) You're not good at imagining things you might be forgetting. You plow into a tree, smashing it to splinters and wrapping the front of your vehicle around it. Good thing you invested in this armour. (1)(Pump engine) Because otherwise your chassis would be in splinters. Instead of that happening, your engine is simply destroyed and all your henchdwarves are thrown overboard. Looks like it's time for mechanic-work. (3) You also forgot to grab a cat. But you do notice that one of the many cats which were thrown overboard are nearby. Fortuitous!

SHAD0Wdump
(5) You resolve to pass the strangler on to the brigand who scratched your vehicle's paint job. You'll have to do it quickly, as the brigand's Brigand Car has come to a complete stop due to unavoidable engine maintenance. Also something weird is beginning to happen to time. Still, time going fatser has no effect on you, and you manage to get your vehicle to do a backflip while jumping over the Rampage. Roland holds on, naturally, but your interloper falls off. (1) Also the fire coming out the back of your vehicle has a bit of an impact. Specifically, it burns the strangler to a crisp. Well, that was an unneccessarily complicated way to kill it. (5) Unexpectedly, you're going fast enough to have to steer yourself round a corner now. You steer around it. That was straightforward.

Paranatural
(1) You threaten to give Igor the boot if he doesn't stop throwing cats. He was just stopping anyway, but he chooses to take your statement of intent literally and start again in the hope of getting a boot. Honestly, he's like a child. (4) You also order him to stand guard. He may be childish, but he remains faithful to Frelock's orders and does so. He stands at attention, and with military precision throws a cat over his head. (4) Meanwhile, Reginald is carefully loading the cannon. The cannon has been loaded. Excellent. (3) Oh. You're going awfully fast somehow, and those trees are looking awfully close. You swerve just in time to avoid damage, but you've missed the turn and are now off-course.

Your kittens are now grown.

Stary cat (Tame) has given birth to kittens.

IronyOwl
Alright. Time to stop with this spirit nonsense and get down to some non-ethereal necromancy, as well as put your mad science qualifications to good use. (3)(5) More mad science than necromancy. You'll probably just be using the necromancy in place of lightning, since you're not so good at necromancy in general. You won't even be able to bind the dead elephant's spirit. (6) But it stays down here out of loyalty. You're touched. He shall guide and encourage you from here on. Mostly the latter, because he's not too bright. Maybe you can get him a new body at some stage, anyway. For the present, however, the elephant's brain was destroyed, which is troublesome. No matter, you'll just use the strangler brain that you suddenly came into the possession of. The smell of charred monkey flesh is quite pleasing.

Moving on. You connect up the brain, which is simple enough. It's almost a waste of your talents. You then use your death magic to make lightning strike the electrodes on the prepared corpse. It doesn't count as weather magic, because you're reanimating the dead with it. The bolts in its neck do their work, and the strangler has a new body. Hostility towards you is not a major problem, because elephants are usually motivated pretty much solely by a desire to kill anyway. You should keep an eye on him though, since you haven't tamed him properly. (Errol) All three elephants see a passing vehicle, with an angry screaming fellow firing a catapult and a rather dashing fellow at the helm. They're off! (3) He gets a pretty good head start, and the elephants stay a little way behind him. (4) One elephant makes a tiny scratch on the armour with a tusk, but it's barely worth mentioning.

Frelock
(5) Your body is able to purge itself of the impurities in its bloodstream. Venom's gone. (2) You instruct your body to absorb the spiders. This does absolutely nothing, as your body is not a separate entity and you can't order it around! (2) Fortunately, the spiders inside your body are too preoccupied by stomach acid to destroy you from within. (6) You turn the next corner. Your driving skills continue to be unhampered by the debilitating effects of spider infestation. Are you supposed to be going this fast? You don't think so. Hey, you can see the finish line though!

Errol
(6) Your fury is a sight to behold! Your scream of rage pierces the heavens with its intensity! It also deafens your first mate. (4) The catapult, being the only outlet for your rage, is duly fired. Of course, you didn't have a target, but Frelock is in the general area of your maximum range, and you do have the sense to aim it toward the path! Maybe it'll hit him? (3-3) Nah. Lands sort of around the time he through the area though. (6) Your first mate turns out to be much more efficient at steering the eagles than you, despite his temporary deafness. You go an extra half tile this turn, which is doubled because time is playing tricks on you. There are elephants behind you, but they are of little consequence for the moment due to your decent head start. They're not too far behind you now, though.

Comments
I'm not even going to bother making excuses here. Also, despite appearances, the fast time thing was not a means of making the race end faster. The waiting list is getting very long. Sorry to those applying, but I don't believe I'll be accepting new people. Making turns takes long enough as it is, and I don't want to up the mortality rate because otherwise money wouldn't accumulate properly and most racers would always be sharply limited in parts.

Course info
Tropical Moist Broadleaf Forest
Heavily Forested
Terrifying

Code: [Select]
  - - - - - - 1 - 2 2
S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ +
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 _ – – – 1
                    + __ __ __ __ __ F
                   10 11 12 13 14 15
Key
S = Start
F = Finish
_ = One tile
+ = Corner
Bottom Numbers = Square number
Top Numbers = Racers present on that square

Statuses

Spoiler: SHAD0Wdump - Ramstein (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IronyOwl - Rampage (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:59:14 am by Wimdit »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Race III - Weird time shenanigans.
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2010, 08:03:38 am »

"Unless something changes drasticly we are going to come last, which means i will have to do manual labour to feed you anything and it will likely be a single kobold"

Agressive driving, and exhort the eagles to go faster too
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2010, 11:35:55 am »

Mentally take control of the spiders and get them the hell out of my body!

Edit: Forgot I can't use aggressive driving.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:40:28 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2010, 01:45:55 pm »

Hug my frankenphant's spirit and aggressively drive around that corner!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2010, 02:26:27 pm »

As he stands there, staring at the remains of his engine, his henchdwarves could swear that his eyes suddenly turned into small balls of flame. As he turns his head towards his henchdwarves they cower in fear at the pressure of his pure rage. He begins talking slowly, quitely, but so full of rage that no one dared to not listen. "Get the remains of that mechanism over here now!" As soon as the henchdwarves have the remains of the mechanism by the engine he begins shouting off orders to them and working on fixing the pump with what's left of the mechanism.

Driver and all henchdwarves fixing engine with mechanism, then pushing racer off of the stump, then driving toward the finish line as fast as dwarvenly possible. Yes, he's pissed.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2010, 03:39:04 pm »

I switch into standard driving(neither aggressive nor cautious, if there is no such thing I'll go into cautious). Seeing as I'm in square 10 and techno is in square 11... I attempt to steal a page from the original Dwarven Race and grab one of techno's henchdwarves while driving by, tossing him into the open flame of my rocket.

No, it isn't quite like throwing him into a furnace and getting a boost of speed, but it still hurts him!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2010, 05:47:00 pm »

I cautiously drive my vehicle back onto the track and get around the turns that are there.

I promise Igor a boot if he only throws cats at the other racers.

I tell Reginald to fire at anyone who is attacks us.

The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2010, 09:26:11 pm »

While SHADOWdump drives by and attempts to steal one of his dwarves, the driver stares straight at SHADOWdump, straight into his soul, and throws it to the nearest spectral being to devour. He's in no mood to play right now.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2010, 09:33:51 pm »

Hey... You should have known from the beginning moment you told your henchdwarf to toss that lignite onto my booze pile that I was going to make your life hell.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2010, 01:01:39 am »

I know, doesn't mean he can't try and rip your soul out while extremely pissed off. Who knows, could roll a 5 or 6 on that one. >:D

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2010, 10:28:24 am »

Oh god Frankenphant spirit possession, I know what I'm doing next round. Or whenever I get within range of a good body.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2010, 01:00:30 pm »

FOR THE LOVE OF ARMOK, FLYING FORTRESS, TAKE OFF! Sorry, eagles. Give the henchdwarf the order to fire the catapult in sign language.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2010, 02:19:18 am »

*Enacts CPR on thread*

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2010, 03:15:26 am »

*Assists SHADOWdump*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20