Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I make a cheese poison?  (Read 1626 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Can I make a cheese poison?
« on: June 30, 2010, 06:55:17 pm »

I don't mean poisonous cheese, I mean a poison that forcefully changes the materials of the victim into say, cow cheese, so that I may dine upon my enemies flesh without changing everyone into plump helmet men.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Can I make a cheese poison?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:58:12 pm »

I don't think so.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 09:54:13 pm »

I don't mean poisonous cheese, I mean a poison that forcefully changes the materials of the victim into say, cow cheese, so that I may dine upon my enemies flesh without changing everyone into plump helmet men.

Maybe you want to enable "the eating of sentient peoples" in your dwarf civ, look for the tags
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER... and   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:PERSONAL_MATTER]
in the entities raws.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:25:46 pm »

Or you could just mod all your enemies to turn into cheese upon death, like the Bronze Colossus and it's statue.  It's not quite the same, but hey, free cheese.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 05:44:44 pm »

Or you could just mod all your enemies to turn into prepared goblin meat upon death, like the Bronze Colossus and it's statue. It's more understandable, and hey, free food!

I do like the idea of eating your enemy. I mean, if I was in a fort and starving to death, that dead Gobin with four *<*Steel Bolts*>*Looks really good to me.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 06:36:50 pm »

Or you could just mod all your enemies to turn into prepared goblin meat upon death, like the Bronze Colossus and it's statue. It's more understandable, and hey, free food!

I do like the idea of eating your enemy. I mean, if I was in a fort and starving to death, that dead Gobin with four *<*Steel Bolts*>*Looks really good to me.

Goblin: Comes with it's own skewers for convenient kebabs.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 06:52:31 pm »

Goblin: Get your Larvae Infested Kebabs here!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 06:25:04 pm »

I approve of this idea for some reason.
Dwarves should all have the Midas Touch, except it'll be cheese instead of gold.  :P
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 01:06:14 am »

I think Midas would've preferred a Gouda touch over his Golden touch once he got hungry.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 03:31:17 am »

Can i sig that?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 07:20:14 am »

Can i sig that?
Yes
Story of my life.

Truec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 01:02:38 am »

I think Midas would've preferred a Gouda touch over his Golden touch once he got hungry.

There's actually a kid's book that entertains the notion of a Midas-like touch that turns things into chocolate.  The kid would have died of thirst if he hadn't managed to get rid of the power.

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 02:08:54 am »

Anything any of him touches, or just his hands? If the latter, then someone just has to feed him water... /threadjack
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 04:14:33 pm »

I so wish this was possible.
Urist McDoctor: It's not looking good, Bembul. I'm afraid you've got cheesitis.
Bembul McPatient: Cheesitis?
Urist: Yes, it's a relatively uncommon disease outside the eastern swamps. It's caused by the poison of cheddar-frogs. It, ah.. It turns the dwarf into cheese.
Bembul: Cheese?
Urist: Yes.
Bembul: What kind of cheese?
Urist: Usually cheddar, sometimes red leicester.
Bembul: Good. Never could stand that crumbly stuff.