Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is your current feeling on Forgotten beasts?

They are awesome. I want to put a leash on them and take them for a walk.
- 53 (39.3%)
They are good, espically to keep the caverns interesting and train my dwarfs.
- 37 (27.4%)
Whatever, they are just a new part of the game.
- 12 (8.9%)
They are annoying, especially the unkillable ones.
- 24 (17.8%)
I HATE THEM! THEY DONT DIE! And they burn my fort.
- 9 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: July 07, 2010, 08:28:33 am

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Spoiler! Opinion on Forgotten Beasts  (Read 2698 times)

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spoiler! Opinion on Forgotten Beasts
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2010, 01:59:21 am »

Is anyone really still having problems with "unkillable" forgotten beasts (and this isn't their first fort in 31.x?)

I haven't gotten a single forgotten beast, and I've been playing (not  constantly) since 31 was released. I'm betting I'll have some troubles with an inorganic FB.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2010, 03:13:40 am »

I just have a question:what is the difference between the randomly generated monsters?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 03:15:19 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2010, 10:03:29 am »

They're just that. Randomly generated from materials and anatomies in the raws.

I've had four Forgotten Beasts to date.

The first was a cave crocodile with a shell and hair. He relinquished a LOT of bones, shells, hair, and meat.

The second was a humanoid with wings made of steam and loved the water. He forced me to drain an underground lake into the magma sea to lure him out.

The third was a quadruped made of coal and a noxious breath that caused temporary dizziness and seemingly permanent blindness. He didn't feel pain and he didn't bleed. Even with a squad of Hammerlords, they broke all the body parts he had and even lopped a few off, but couldn't remove the head. It took my Axe Lord to come in and finish him off. Now I have a squad of blind dwarves and 22000 dwarfpounds worth of coal.

The fourth was a quadruped made of mud and shot ice. This time, he couldn't even hurt a cat (literally, even with a direct hit from his freeze attack). His rampage ended in an instant when a Hammerlord came up and smacked him into a wall, cutting him in half. Now I have a strange material in my fortress that weighs less than one dwarfpound and has no material name. It's been reported already.
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2010, 03:50:34 pm »

I have "Rubal's Aluminum" in a stockpile left over from my first inorganic FB. It will never rot, can't be touched by any dwarves or reactions. The best long-term plan is to treat it like an artifact (dump it in its own room and lock the door) or trash compact it if you don't care.

I'm really surprised some of you don't get many FB attacks.. Once I penetrate the cavern layer, I get 2 per year, like clockwork.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.
Pages: 1 2 [3]