Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help! Dwarfs won't plant plump helmets!  (Read 7443 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help! Dwarfs won't plant plump helmets!
« on: June 30, 2010, 05:08:11 am »

It's odd. They have planted pig tails and cave wheat successfully. I have a whole barrel full of plump helmet seeds.

I even saw a dwarf walk to the barrel and take a pig tail seed out and then plant it.

The problem is not that the plot isn't irrigated; the problem isn't that the seeds are inaccessible; they definitely not forbidden...
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

EyeOfNundinate

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you remember the lost Nundinates?
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Dwarfs won't plant plump helmets!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 05:11:02 am »

Well there was a problem last year, in which a certain noble didn't like their masterfully engraved room.
The problem was that one of the engravings was very offensive to the noble.

Maybe the farmers out right hate plump helmets.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 06:38:36 am »

decon/reconstruct your farm plot
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Necaladun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 06:45:16 am »

If you are as forgetful as I, you may not have plump helmets set to be plant in that season. I have a terrible tenancy to forget to tell my farmers to plant in all but the season I made the farm.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 02:32:46 pm »

If you are as forgetful as I, you may not have plump helmets set to be plant in that season. I have a terrible tenancy to forget to tell my farmers to plant in all but the season I made the farm.

No, I definitely set them to plant.

decon/reconstruct your farm plot

Tried constructing new plots and that didn't help; I doubt tearing up my old ones will.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

shoowop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 03:25:05 pm »

This has happened for me too, I have 4 farms with plants set for every single season, had over 200 plump helmet spawn and a disastrous lack of brewable plants; and yet my plump helmet farm remained unfertilized.

It's possible all your planters are just considering pig tails and cave wheat a 'priority' and haven't gotten to the plumps yet.  Try adding more farming labors or just fallowing all the other farms for a bit.  Also try hitting (f)ertilize, this worked for me once even though I had no potash

WumpusKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 03:53:05 pm »

I've found that plots that are valid because of the soil(but haven't been muddied in a tile or few) don't get used at all for underground plants even in the valid tiles. You might check for that, but if your planters have planted in that plot already, I'm not sure. See if resizing or muddying all the tiles works.

:edit: my experiencing this problem is in 31.08, btw

:edit2: in fact I'm going to see if I can't replicate this real quick
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:55:41 pm by WumpusKing »