Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHICH WITCH WHICH WITCHES THE WITCHES WHICH?

1.) Gur'glak - God of death and necromancy
- 13 (36.1%)
2.) Talus - God of pure chaos
- 17 (47.2%)
3.) Wyy'vyn - God of destruction.
- 6 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The Dark Gods.  (Read 7865 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Gods.
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2010, 12:49:44 am »

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2010, 12:51:53 am »

Suggest that if something with sapience were sacrificed, we could use the power from it to help the crops grow.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2010, 02:45:26 am »

Nomadic, hun-like raiders is what I had in mind for our course of action when I suggested raiding. Since our numbers are so few, we'll probably have to arm everyone who can wield a weapon... but wait... What if we do not use a physical weapon? We have already made these villagers immune to our plague, but what of the other villages? We could go forth ahead of the raiders and distribute the plague or some other weakness among their target, and the target village would not only be defeated easily, but could also be recruited from.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2010, 05:30:31 pm »

Suggest that if something with sapience were sacrificed, we could use the power from it to help the crops grow.
this and the above.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2010, 01:39:45 am »

this and the above.

But then why would they go off raiding?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2010, 07:01:14 am »

sacrifisces.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2010, 04:16:44 am »

Raiders raiding raiders that raid beasts.
wat
---

You keep pushing forth the idea of raiding in the young prophets head.
Finally he gives way, but to a compromise of sort.
The young prophet rallies the able-bodied villagers, and leaves the children to look after the elderly and run things whilst they are away.
The young prophet also tells the villagers that the time has come for them to pay vengeance to the outside world.
You tell the young prophet how to make spears, and he equips the people with them.
And with this the raiding party heads off...
But first, they butcher a few wild beasts and take them to the village for the children to prepare for them and the others to eat.
And since that is over with the raiding party truly sets off...

Your raiding party has encountered what looks like a merchant caravan, although a rather small one...
Its party includes:
1 horse driven Wagon
1 Wagon driver
1 Horse
1 fairly well equipped guard.

What do you do?

The raiding party includes:
9 men, and 7 women, and the child prophet.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2010, 04:19:45 am »

KILL THEM ALL, TAKE THEIR STUFF, KILL MORE.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2010, 04:30:03 am »

KILL THEM ALL, TAKE THEIR STUFF, KILL MORE.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2010, 06:38:27 am »

Kill the guard, take the driver hostage. Sacrifice him to the gods on an altar.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2010, 06:56:39 am »

Kill the guard, take the driver hostage. Sacrifice him to the gods on an altar.
And take their stuff.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2010, 07:39:11 am »

As you're self try to send the guard mad with you're powers, then the raiders attack
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2010, 07:43:09 am »

Another idea, if it's possible:

Transform a small amount of the guard's body into enriched uranium, preferably in his spleen. Then take a neutron and ram it into the uranium.

RANDOM SPLEEN EXPLOSION FTW

(Note: it's highly unlikely we'll be able to make enough uranium to make a significant explosion, but then again I don't know how much a small amount of uranium can do)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2010, 08:06:08 am »

Another idea, if it's possible:

Transform a small amount of the guard's body into enriched uranium, preferably in his spleen. Then take a neutron and ram it into the uranium.

RANDOM SPLEEN EXPLOSION FTW

(Note: it's highly unlikely we'll be able to make enough uranium to make a significant explosion, but then again I don't know how much a small amount of uranium can do)

Energy Released is equal to the mass transformed into energy by the speed of light squared(in joules). Now you just need to find out how much mass is lost in the fision of uranium
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2010, 08:13:10 am »

author break in
You wont have enough energy to create something out of nothing and the energy required for the concentration needed to manipulate the atomic particals would be horrendously large.

Also.
Sacrifice the humans to WHAT gods?
Good gods, neutral gods, or... YOURSELF!

yes yes, my spelling is horrific in this post as im using a laptop, i suck with laptops.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9