Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHICH WITCH WHICH WITCHES THE WITCHES WHICH?

1.) Gur'glak - God of death and necromancy
- 13 (36.1%)
2.) Talus - God of pure chaos
- 17 (47.2%)
3.) Wyy'vyn - God of destruction.
- 6 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: The Dark Gods.  (Read 7880 times)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Gods.
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 11:50:10 pm »

options:
1.) root to this spot
2.) continue searching
3.) OTHER
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 11:52:05 pm »

Finding a place deep in the wilderness, far from civilization would be the next best thing to an evil area.

Go deeper into the wilderness, into the darkest, most unexplored parts of the wilds, here, soak our evil into the ground and the air, and the water. Don't do it too fast, but let it seep through.

It'll be a while before we can corrupt/twist/mutate various animals, but it'll be a start.

Edit: I think mine goes under a combination of 2 and 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 11:56:33 pm »

I so wanted to be god of destructio, i cant really think of wha to do now
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 11:58:44 pm »

mmm
---

You continue searching, attempting to find the darkest, most unexplored part of the wild.
You fail to find this "sweet spot", but you do find another place like the one you found previously, though darker and more isolated as where humans would not go, it is in a valley surrounded by mountains that are almost cliffs.
The animals here are usually birds, goats, and monkeys.

With this, you start seeping your EEEEVIIIL into the ground, air and any nearby water, there does not seem to be much, only a pool of rainwater here and there...

The ground takes up the evil most efficiently, while the air is the least efficient to take up evil, the water is in between.
The ground darkens to a shade of black/brown and the evil in the air causes it to become a little darker with the rest of the evil inputed into the air to disperse and flow out of the valley.
The evil causes the water to turn into a muddy colour.

>:
----

Be destructive chaos? The gods all sort of combine into each other...
Each one just has a certain... "Speciality".
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 12:02:55 am »

Get one animal to drink out of our tainted pool!

Also, this is so Black Metal. Chaos and destruction, yes!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 12:04:08 am »

Yess taaiint an animal, use it as a temporary avatar
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 12:04:34 am »

Grab a tribe of monkeys, evolve and mutate them into minions to do our bidding. As for mutating them, do it however you want. Maybe these can be the goblins of this world? or something more origional?

I don't know if we would be so much of a destructive force, I see us as a corrupting, destabilizing, and mutating force (emphasis on mutating). We can still mutate monsters to do the destruction though.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:08:59 am by smjjames »

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 12:09:34 am »

Goblins WERE here, but they got eaten.
And the mutation and evolution is too much for you ATM, the time it took for you to taint the environment would last a humanoids lifetime.
You were so pre-occupied with it that you didnt notice the changes of the animals and foliage.

You wait till one creature starts lapping up the water from your newly barely contaminated pool, and with such you start exerting your consciousness over the animal.
A battle of wills takes place, like a tug of war battle, but eventually the creature gives way and suffers complete defeat as you destroy the conscious and subconscious of the animal and take its place.

You discover that you are a weird type of animal, you would describe it as some sort of cross between a monkey and a reptile, though you don't know how you know those two names...
You are furry in some spots but also scaled in others.
You are quadrupedal, meaning your movement is on four legs, your "arms" are not adapted enough, but you could still cause enough havoc in this form.

>:_

---

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 12:12:04 am »

So, did 50-100 years pass by already with that one action? Cool.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 12:13:31 am »

they were gnolls btw...
The humanoids who you screwed over earlier.
And since its the only humanoid you've encountered so far, the time was based on them.
So about 25-50 years.
---
---

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 12:21:59 am »

Goblins WERE here, but they got eaten.

Do you mean we mutated them and they got eaten by whatever or they got eaten by whatever eons ago?

And the mutation and evolution is too much for you ATM, the time it took for you to taint the environment would last a humanoids lifetime.

I'll take the monkey-lizard to be the mutated monkeys I ordered. :)

Look around and see if there are more of this..... monkey-lizard... around. Also, try to stand on our hind legs, it'll be a start to creating our monkey-lizard folk minions!

Just out of curioisity, you're loosely basing this off of DnD aren't ya?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:23:59 am by smjjames »

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 12:36:23 am »

ateded aeons ago.
Gone with the evil gods.

Eventually you can corrupt elves or just spawn them again if you wish, though that would be unoriginal

The monkey-lizard is a weird wild life animal simply living, no mutation involved, though tis weird...

---

You attempt to stand on your hind legs, it pains you greatly but you manage, and a second later you fall back down onto your face, it seems you shall continue being on four legs for now, oh well...

You see no others of your kind in sight, but you do see your reflection in the pool, your face seems to be like a monkeys except more cone like instead of flat.
---

... No?
im not basing it off of DnD, im just making crap up as i go along, sorta, as well as taking inspiration by DF and other things that would have taken inspiration off of other things, so i guess i am partially basing it on DnD...

it off of dungeon crawl stone soup and DF.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:38:45 am by silhouette »
---

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 12:50:20 am »

nooo not gnolls!!!!  gnolls are awesome demon spawn so they would probably have been easy to corrupt
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 01:02:45 am »

Go and find a humanoid settlement, look for oportunities to hide tools and other necesities

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 01:21:29 am »

You run off to find a humanoid settlement, it takes three days to find one, they leave their items all strewn about, these humanoids are rather stocky and a bit hairy, they seem to have no beards though...

Now with your monkey-reptile abilities, you dash into huts and run out with tools, food, and other necessities.
Eventually the stout humanoids run after you, but you are too fast for the likes of them!
You manage to hide and after a while the humanoids go back to their regular business, and with this you walk over to the well in the center of the village and drop all the tools, bread and other necessities down it...

---
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9