Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Died in hospital waiting room  (Read 1928 times)

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Died in hospital waiting room
« on: June 28, 2010, 11:04:11 pm »

The huntress got a broken foot and two breaks in her left arm. She was carried to a hospital bed (cant walk with broken foot), but no one came to see her and diagnose her. I set up a hospital ward and assigned the chief medical dwarf (who has diagnose) to stay around the hospital. Eventually she died of thirst, because no one was caring for her. Even though the fully operational well was just a couple steps out the door.

Am I missing something?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:07:16 pm by AngleWyrm »

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Died in hospital waiting room
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:06:35 pm »

Don't have .08 on hand, but isn't there a separate "care for sick people" job?
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:12:19 pm »

As far as I know the Recover Wounded and Feed Patients jobs have been in all of the 0.31 versions.  Unfortunately the job is so low priority noone seems to do it even if they have no other jobs.  I've had the medical staff outright ignore saveable patients before too.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 11:14:57 pm »

If nothing else you could try to trick a dwarf into the hospital (build something, or somesuch), cancel the order you gave, then lock the doors on him. Then set up the take care of patient jobs?
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:17:19 pm »

There are Take Care of Patient jobs?
Do I have to assign jobs in order for patients to receive care?

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:20:38 pm »

Not sure (not using .08 yet) but i thought so. I'll check the wiki to see if i'm right.

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 11:21:15 pm »

Certain hospital jobs seem to take awhile to actually process before the job itself is queued. Giving water/food might be one of them. On top of that, dwarves would rather do anything, sometimes even wait around as idle, rather than do those low priority jobs. These jobs cannot manually be assigned, nor does locking the patient and doctor(s) within the hospital work.

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 11:28:54 pm »

Um, maybe she didn't have health insurance?
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 11:30:57 pm »

Um, maybe she didn't have health insurance?
Oh goodness me. Oh my. That was a good one.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 12:05:27 am »

Its possible that patient wasn't resting and therefore wasn't feedable.
Or just yet another pathing bug, there were some fixed already, including ones related to feeding.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 12:07:47 am »

I can't figure out any of that picture. Is the fort flooded with magma? It looks like it.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 12:21:19 am »

I can't figure out any of that picture. Is the fort flooded with magma? It looks like it.
Red sand.

creidieki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 12:32:55 am »

I've been trying to track down this bug to make a good bug report.  What happened to me:

-- My chief medical dwarf had Diagnosis enabled.  He went to sleep.  I suspect he somehow "reserved" the patient first.
-- No one would diagnose the injured dwarf while he was asleep.  I tried enabling diagnosis, changing who the Chief Medical Dwarf was, restricting to burrows, and everything else I could think of.
-- I deconstructed the bed under my old CMD, and he immediately went to diagnose the patient.

Was your original CMD also asleep, dead, or in some other way unavailable?  Or any of your people who had Diagnosis enabled while the dwarf was originally injured?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 01:06:29 pm »

I get this a lot too. My CMD is listed as having no job, while parts of my military are dying due to lack of treatment. It could have something to do with the patient not resting, as previously said. In a cave-in, a dwarf broke many bones. Whenever the CMD tried to help, the dwarf stopped resting. This is most likely a bug.

Off topic: what graphics set is that? I can actually understand what is in that picture, compared to other graphics sets.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 01:15:42 pm »

mayday tileset,day
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...
Pages: [1] 2