Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Died in hospital waiting room  (Read 1925 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Died in hospital waiting room
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 01:23:48 pm »

I had a dwarf recently starve to death in jail.  While standing on food.  Literally - I built a food stockpile in the jail one tile away from the chain, and it was full of prepared meals.  I still don't know why that dwarf wouldn't eat.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Calathar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 02:19:05 pm »

I usually create a drinking water zone around my well just in case.  Maybe you should try that.

grognoglog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 02:33:09 pm »

I like to put a bucket-only storage space near the well.  So one is always handy.   And if nobody is watering, I make someone a dedicated nurse.   

My only health care experience to date was my mayor getting slashed by a goblin thief.   The doctor tried to suture the wound but apparently failed.  Later the wound was still described as "open".   But the mayor got up and went on with life.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 04:51:04 pm »

Died in hospital waiting room
That's what you get for using the free clinic. ::)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 08:47:29 pm »

lmao  :D

-- I deconstructed the bed under my old CMD, and he immediately went to diagnose the patient.

Was your original CMD also asleep, dead, or in some other way unavailable?  Or any of your people who had Diagnosis enabled while the dwarf was originally injured?
Only had the one guy who was ever Chief Medical Dwarf, and he was running around the burrow, hanging out in his crib, hanging out at the meeting area -- definitely not asleep the whole time. I don't remember if he was asleep (or even appointed at the time) when the injured dwarf was brought to the hospital. I made two more diagnosers enabled after the dwarf arrived, but maybe it was too late or something. Not sure how the "Diagnose me" thing works, all I know is she never got it, and died of thirst (possibly related to lack of diagnosing?--dunno)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:49:55 pm by AngleWyrm »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 08:49:39 pm »

I believe only the CMD can diagnose. Otherwise, I don't know how the diagnosis works.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 09:42:10 pm »

i noticed that if you make a hospital AFTER someone gets hurt and carried off, thats a major issue on feeding the patient
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Bernard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 11:00:30 pm »

I don't see a chest in the hospital zone, do you have buckets?  It may be related to the lack of an assigned bucket.
Pages: 1 [2]